I can totally understand that people are having a hard time getting what these error messages mean.
Its not like there is a F.A.Q.
or a search function that returns good results.
Let me try to help you interpret this error message:
- A Database Error Occurred: I have a feeling that the webpanel is trying to tell me that there is something wrong with the database.
- Unable: I guess that means the webpanel cant do something. -> Lets try to find out what that is
- to connect: Hmm, maybe it wants to connect to something. What could that be ? - Maybe the database ?
- to your database server: Yes, it looks like its trying to connect to the database server but it cant do that. Lets try to find out why that is not working
- using the provided settings: Oh, it looks like the error is caused by the settings that you entered. Maybe they are wrong. Or maybe the Server is not accepting connections from the webpanel.