Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[Scripting]Detecting/killing an entity without aiming at it

Post New Thread Reply   

Kasea
Old 06-27-2015 , 15:37   [Scripting]Detecting/killing an entity without aiming at it
Reply With Quote #1

Basically i was wondering if it would be possible to detect if a client is currently in contact with a func_physbox, and if the client is in contact with a func_physbox it would remove that physbox.

Furthermore for perfomance reasons, i was wondering if i could make it call a function whenever a client is touching a func_physbox.

But what I'm most curious about is, would it be possible to kill this entity without looking at it?

Thanks
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 06-27-2015 , 17:52   Re: [Scripting]Detecting/killing an entity without aiming at it
Reply With Quote #2

hook it for SDKHook_StartTouch

I don't see how that has anything to do with whether or not the player is looking at it though.

If you want to use a /command and target an entity, without using @aimtarget or whatever it was...

You'd need to make something that can do it.

It might be interesting to make a command that prints a list of EntRefs related to an entity classname you input.

/getentrefs func_physbox

Found 2 `func_physbox` with entrefs:
0xFAF43CE2
0x99BC3216

for example, then

/delete 0xFAF43CE2

0x might be okay to use for targeting entrefs, I'd make sure to check that it's > MaxClients for a command intended to do so, because if you're targeting a normal player you probably should do it via normal means

or maybe @0x or #hexcode or @#.... well.... if someone has a bad name you can always rename them.
Old 06-28-2015 , 03:26   Re: [Scripting]Detecting/killing an entity without aiming at it
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks this is a great start ^.^