Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire?

Post New Thread Reply   

PyromaniacSG
Old 10-01-2014 , 07:38   [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire?
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, I'll to request a plugin that would make weapons that normally would not work with FF such as the flamethrower and sniper rifles, work. I believe this is possible since the Slender Fortress 2 mod was able to do just that with their PVP feature. I downloaded that mod's sourcecode (https://github.com/KitRifty/slender-fortress/releases) but I'm still new to Sourcemod, so I couldn't really figure out how to make it work without SF2, its something to do with the pvp.sp. Would be great if someone could help me figure this out, thanks.
jackwilsdon
Old 10-01-2014 , 12:05   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #2

Try looking through pvp.sp. It seems to contain a list of all projectiles which could cause damage.
PyromaniacSG
Old 10-02-2014 , 02:56   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #3

As I've mentioned, I already checked pvp.sp, the problem is that I can't figure out how to get it to work without being in pvp or a slender map.
PyromaniacSG
Old 10-10-2014 , 00:23   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #4

Hello? Anyone there?
Plaffy46
Old 10-10-2014 , 02:25   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #5

There are actually some interesting stuff in this file, I'll take a look at it when I have the time and try to make it a separated pvp plugin...

Last edited by Plaffy46; 10-10-2014 at 02:26.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2014 , 18:36   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #6

https://github.com/Chdata/TF2-Fixed-Friendly-Fire/

Made this like a week ago.

It also has additional code that will push players who are stuck inside of each other apart, even though they're set to be solid to each other (which normally would make the two players stuck and unable to move until one dies).

Sometimes this break's demoman's projectiles which I'm looking into.

Also plan to make the fact that it says friendly fire is enabled be a cvar.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-13-2014 at 00:06.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2014 , 21:29   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
https://github.com/Chdata/TF2-Fixed-Friendly-Fire/

Made this like a week ago.

It also has additional code that will push players who are stuck inside of each other apart, even though they're set to be solid to each other (which normally would make the two players stuck and unable to move until one dies).

Sometimes this break's demoman's projectiles which I'm looking into.
You could change stock bool:IsPlayerStuck(iEntity)
To use starttouch and endtouch I think.

Last edited by friagram; 10-12-2014 at 21:30.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-14-2014 , 19:03   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #8

I think I tried that but you're still 'touching' even if you just bump them.

Then again, does that matter?

I forget... it probably did because I disable collision which means doing it that way means you can just walk into teammates when they should be solid.

Last edited by Chdata; 10-14-2014 at 19:04.
PyromaniacSG
Old 10-15-2014 , 02:49   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #9

That's exactly what I needed, it works great, thanks. The sniper rifle however though still does not work, would you be able to fix that?
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2014 , 13:23   Re: [TF2] Make flamethrower, sniper, arrows, projectiles, etc work with Friendly Fire
Reply With Quote #10

I noticed that, but have no clue myself. There's also the issue of building friendly fire.