12% 

HP & Armor from *.ini file

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
Flick3rR
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2014 , 21:19   HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #1

Simillar plugin requested here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=247194

First to say, I didn't find similar plugin already made, so I decided to release that one. If there is already existing plugin such as this one, please excuse me and unapprove this (if not better).

.: Description :.
With this plugin you can set custom HP and Armor, which current player will receive on each spawn. All the plugin data is loaded from .ini file, which is supposed to be in your configs folder.
The player will see a chat message so he could know what he has received as a bonus. There are also some log messages to inform the owner of the server.

.: Configuration :.
The plugin configuration isn't that hard at all. You just need to follow the steps:
- Create new .ini file in your configs folder and name it PlayersHP.ini. The directory should look like this: addons/amxmodx/configs/PlayersHP.ini
- On each new line of the file there should be the following data, separated in this way:
"SteamID" "HP" "Armor"
Example:
"MyExampleSteamID" "150" "101"
By adding this line in the file, the player with steamid "MyExampleSteamID" receive 150 HP and 101 Armor on each spawn.
- If you don't want the player to receive any different HP or Armor, just leave the relevant string empty, in this way - ""
- If one of the parts (for HP or Armor) is not a nubmer, the plugin will pass the line and the player won't get anything.
- If the *.ini file is not in the directory, the plugin won't function at all.

There aren't any commands, cvars or any other way to change something during in-game. All the plugin is configurated from the *.ini file and therefore from the server owner.
Waiting for comments, replies and ideas!
Attached Files
File Type: inc colorchat.inc (5.9 KB, 265 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (HPArmorFromFile.sma - 907 views - 5.1 KB)

Last edited by Flick3rR; 08-30-2014 at 19:37.
Send a message via Skype™ to Flick3rR
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2014 , 23:42   Re: HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #2

Nice plugin.

Specific health and armor for specific player. ;)
Blizzard_87
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2014 , 21:13   Re: HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #3

Add option to set teams hp and Armor also?
For example for custom servers running mods.
Old 08-31-2014 , 06:03   Re: HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard_87 View Post
Add option to set teams hp and Armor also?
For example for custom servers running mods.
Like for all the team? Or just for the player if he is in specified team?
Sounds really interesting idea, but I can't still imagine the method with the whole teams.
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-04-2014 , 19:47   Re: HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #5

Please have a read of the rules as a small update has been made. ( They do get updated occasionally ). I'm sure you helped the user that requested this plugin, but it has no place in the Approved section.

You are a very active user of this forum and I urge you to please challenge yourself and dig deeper with ideas and plugin complexity. There are a lot of resources on this forum which you can use to help expand your knowledge. I know you can do better. So please do.
Flick3rR
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2014 , 03:47   Re: HP & Armor from *.ini file
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet View Post
You are a very active user of this forum and I urge you to please challenge yourself and dig deeper with ideas and plugin complexity. There are a lot of resources on this forum which you can use to help expand your knowledge. I know you can do better. So please do.
That's the most beautiful thing someone has ever told me. :O Thank you! The current problem is that I have not much free time to go deep in it, so it probably won't be so soon. I will have to think something innovative oit, too.