Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
DarkSkr1pt
BANNED
Old 02-09-2013 , 17:43   Bad Connection Punisher [BETA]
Reply With Quote #1

Bad Connection Punisher
v1.0 [Beta]

Okay here is the explanation.

Since I'm not a very well respected person around this community due to my previous plugin submissions I have been using my friends account TripleThreat to make plugin submissions, The point of this was to create plugins which improved on already approved plugins, I have tried to make updates and take into account what the Moderators have said about my plugin but have not got anywhere. I was going to release this pretty large update until I saw it had been trashed.

I am too tired and have lost the will to make a proper description (This will be done soon) But for now here is a basic description telling you what the plugin is supposed to do and what cvars can be used.

Bad Connection Punisher checks users ping, loss and flux and punishes them with either kick/ban, it originates from my previous plugin Fast High Ping Kick and is inspired by OLOs High Ping Kicker and MeRcyLeZZ's Lame Connection Punisher

The plugin works by checking the players a specified time (Using pCvars) and then calculating the average ping/flux. It also calculates loss which is currently hardcoded until I can confirm its not giving false positives.

What makes this plugin different is it does not use loops, Instead it will check using normal events which happen on regular servers and this means the plugin should be more efficient & faster.

Plugin Cvars:
Max Ping:
This is The max acceptable ping on server.
bcp_max 150

Punishment Mode:
This is the type of punishment for player with bad connection.
1 = Kick 2 = Ban

bcp_punish 1

Punishment Ban Time:
This is how long to ban player with bad connection. [Only applies if bcp_punish 2]
bcp_bantime 5

On Join Check Delay:
This is how long to check player after joining server.
bcp_checkdelay 5

Max Ping / Flux Checks:
This is how many checks are made before taking action.
bcp_checks 3

Max Loss Checks:
Hardcoded until testing complete.

I kindly request that if any changes or optimizations should be made then you let me know before unapproving.

Enjoy the plugin!

Servers using this plugin
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (bcpunisher.sma - 585 views - 2.9 KB)

Last edited by DarkSkr1pt; 02-09-2013 at 17:52.