Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Havent updated in years; How to set up CSSDM?

Post New Thread Reply   

alexm757
Old 08-13-2011 , 11:37   Havent updated in years; How to set up CSSDM?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I haven't been playing CSS for years and my computer wasn't hooked up to the internet so it wasn't updated regularly. Recently I just got all the upgrades and everything, but when I typed cssdm_enabled 1 into the game's command prompt it just said "Unknown command "cssdm_enabled." Now I have updated Sourcemod, Metamod, as well as CSSDM so that's not the problem.

Now, I put all the files in "H:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\alexm757\sourcesdk\bin\ orangebox\cstrike" Is this the correct place? I've seen on different threads(I've been googling for a while and keep running in circles) that there's a file for a specific server, is that why it isn't working?

Also I've seen srcds, now is that automatically installed with all the new updates or do I need to download that myself? Also I did download the HLupdatetool. Do I need srcds for the hlupdatetool to work?

Sorry for all the questions, from all the googling I've seen a lot of people are asking the same questions but I don't know where to start. I figure I'm getting laughed at but I'm not a huge computer person and I've been out of the loop on what to do for a few years. I'm completely confused on how to get CSSDM running again. Any help in layman's terms to get this working would be great! Thanks in advance.
SteamKiller
Old 08-22-2011 , 11:48   Re: Havent updated in years; How to set up CSSDM?
Reply With Quote #2

Hi!
A much better way is to download hldsupdatetool.exe and start it with command (make a .cmd file): "start /wait hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir . -verify_all". After downloading server files you can start installing needed plugins such as MetaMod, SM, DM and others.
Old 08-24-2011 , 18:34   Re: Havent updated in years; How to set up CSSDM?
Reply With Quote #3

Awesome, it's all up and running now. Thank you very much.