Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Need some input about broken MySQL connections

Post New Thread Reply   

CUatTHEFINISH
Old 01-07-2011 , 20:19   Need some input about broken MySQL connections
Reply With Quote #1

I recently switched my website's DNS to run through cloudflare, all well and good. Everything works fine on the web side, even set an IP allow for my gameservers just to be safe.

The problem is, after this setup, my gameservers won't connect to MySQL at all. Both 3rd party and sourcemod provided plugins.

L 01/07/2011 - 07:03:25: Info (map "pl_badwater") (file "errors_20110107.log")
L 01/07/2011 - 07:03:25: [admin-sql-threaded.smx] Failed to connect to database: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' (110)

I noticed, however, other users are getting the same problem with this plugin (which is another one I'm using):

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=84844&page=42

I have been running the latest snapshots of metamod and sourcemod and they were working previously before the new year. I can ping to my MySQL server fine from the server box, but I'm not sure if there's any other way to test this connection.

Unfortunately, I cannot access MySQL logs in phpmyadmin. Has anybody had similar issues? Obviously I'm going to go to cloudflare support as well and see if they can fix it, but I was curious to see if anybody else used this service and witnessed problems.
Old 01-07-2011 , 20:50   Re: Need some input about broken MySQL connections
Reply With Quote #2

Just a response, turned out the auto setup had protected my sql suffix. http://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/What_...gray_clouds%3F

Turning it off fixed the issue.