Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

foxocs
Old 04-11-2015 , 14:24   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #151

Ey. I wanna use it in my server but i have few problems with this plugin

First - Rockets flying almost directly to target, indepenendly from aim. I and players really love doing "waves" with rockets

Second - Its impossible to orbit with rockets like anotherdodgeballplugin

is there way to set this features in config or implement it?

Plugin looks really good
Old 04-11-2015 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxocs View Post
First - Rockets flying almost directly to target, indepenendly from aim. I and players really love doing "waves" with rockets
Inside your configs/dodgeball_redux/rocketclasses.cfg file, edit the "ElevationRate", "ElevationLimitMax", "ElevationLimitMin". And if you want the rocket to do a "wave" effect when you airblast it to the ground/wall, change the "BounceKeepDirection" to "1".
These are my settings if you wish to copy them:
"ElevationRate" "0.4"
"ElevationLimitMax" "2.125"
"ElevationLimitMin" "-2.125"

Quote:
Second - Its impossible to orbit with rockets like anotherdodgeballplugin
Inside your rocketclasses.cfg, change "TurnRate" to a lower number. Higher the TurnRate, then the more direct the rocket is, and the lower the TurnRate, you get more orbit.
Old 04-11-2015 , 16:10   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
Inside your configs/dodgeball_redux/rocketclasses.cfg file, edit the "ElevationRate", "ElevationLimitMax", "ElevationLimitMin". And if you want the rocket to do a "wave" effect when you airblast it to the ground/wall, change the "BounceKeepDirection" to "1".
These are my settings if you wish to copy them:
"ElevationRate" "0.4"
"ElevationLimitMax" "2.125"
"ElevationLimitMin" "-2.125"

Inside your rocketclasses.cfg, change "TurnRate" to a lower number. Higher the TurnRate, then the more direct the rocket is, and the lower the TurnRate, you get more orbit.
Thanks, I somethings forget that the configs are kind and complex I should really set default values to something like the old plugin.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the elevation won't be more/less than 1.0/-1.0 ; Also foxocs if you want to be able to deflect the rocket to wherever you want, "ElevationRate" should be 0.0 so it won't affect your rocket direction.
Old 04-11-2015 , 19:13   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #154

Guys thanks for the reply. Orbiting works fine but shooting rockets whatever i want still not working. I thought "waves" which arise when i switch mouse fast, not rocketbouncing
Old 04-11-2015 , 19:50   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Guys thanks for the reply. Orbiting works fine but shooting rockets whatever i want still not working. I thought "waves" which arise when i switch mouse fast, not rocketbouncing
I know what your talking about, a spike

This results from the rocket going in the direction you reflect it, and a few calculations on the plugins side.

Airblasting and moving your mouse quickly upward confuses these calculations and tells it to launch the projectile upward, and so certain settings in the plugin can interfere with that, as being able to redirect the rocket quickly in a specific direction can be achieved in normal everyday matches(The pyro rocket jump)

Something tells me maybe it's the calculation for elevation on reflect, and that "send rocket to person your looking at" calculation that's screwing with doing spikes

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 04-11-2015 at 19:53. Reason: Quotations for clarity
Nanochip
Old 04-11-2015 , 19:59   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #156

Spikes are working fine for me. Ensure that your elevation settings are high values.
Old 04-12-2015 , 12:23   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #157

nanochip give me ur server ip adress i trying high values , low values and zero but dont works ....maybe i tested it in windows server?

xXDeathreusXx know where is problem ... this is one last problem to add this plugin to public server all wanna spikes

Last edited by foxocs; 04-12-2015 at 12:26.
Rapper01
Old 04-12-2015 , 13:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
Oh yeah lol, I'm sure that can't be fixed as the speed I was at is inhumanly possible (Don't remember what the speed was). I got to 254 deflects by using the pyro auto reflect plugin against my bot. However, if I do the same thing with the normal rockets, it gets so fast that it crashes my game, lol. Just uploaded it for shits n giggles and thought I'd share .
Nah, it's humanly possible to get to 254 deflects (the speed is about 280000 at this point, correct me if I'm wrong). I'll explain. I know one guy that "killed" the bot without any hack, plugin or anything, just his skills (I was there to evidence): OMG" Ungaro is his nickname. He could get to 254 deflects while I could get only to 188 deflects, which is pretty enough (the brazilian speed dodgeball community is very strong), but I know that with a lot of train, we can "kill" the auto reflect bot.

This is possible, because the speed won't go any faster at a determined point, I think due to a rocket's "attribute" which limits the speed, then only the rocket's curve changes, making it more difficult, but possible.

So the problem is not of this plugin, is the limit of ReFlexPoison's Auto Reflect plugin, which is 254 deflects (because of something made different in the .sp), but I think there is an private auto reflect plugin in a brazilian server that reflects everything, even the fastest rockets without any bug.

Crashing TF2 is another problem when the rocket is very fast, but people with good computers won't experience at all.
Nanochip
Old 04-12-2015 , 14:07   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #159

Hmm, that's odd. I've used both ReFlexPoison's Auto Reflect and my own Auto Reflect (which is what my bot uses), they both seem to only get up to 254 deflects on the sentry rockets. However, on the normal rockets, it crashes my client. Maybe I should test it bot vs bot, and see what happens, lol.

EDIT: Back in the old days of Chronic and [GNC] Matt's bot plugin, a hand full of people managed to kill the bot. Which is definitely out of my skill level .

Last edited by Nanochip; 04-12-2015 at 14:27.
lior153
Old 04-15-2015 , 13:11   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #160

Why you Not answer .
When you will do th pesonal record !? :/
pls reply