Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Deagles' Map Management 3.23

Post New Thread Reply   

bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 11-04-2007 , 15:07   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #121

Yea since this issue arised, that might seem to be the only out. If it was not for that bloody issue it would be much smoother lol

The weirdest thing tho is when it does that, you can have no plugins or have a ton and its either gonna get you or not. If I would have ran into the issue, I sure as hell wouldnt have posted it lol. I also paged jtp about it, we'll see what goes on with him if anything. I just diddnt want to have to throw it in unnapproved section

Last edited by bmann_420; 11-04-2007 at 15:11.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 11-05-2007 , 12:15   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #122

Um, hi.

Just wanted to say that someone *is* actively working on a replacement for Deag's Map Management. Check out my sig to see how work is going on it.

btw, bmann... I didn't try really hard, but I don't understand what issue you're talking about. Dumb it down for me?
Old 11-05-2007 , 17:15   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #123

I have trying to check out your progress on your plugin, but its been down

The issue is the svb_bad disconnect all players at end of map bug lol. Viscious lil basdard that seems to sneak around only to selected servers and cause this issue. With or without other plugins enabled. It has not happened to me yet but some people have had to downgrade because of it. Link

But its nice to see your back up and running again
Old 11-05-2007 , 19:07   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #124

Oh. That. Good luck.

Yeah, I got my site back up a couple days ago. Had been too "busy" beforehand, but now I'm working on my projects again.
Old 11-07-2007 , 20:00   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #125

Working on the documentation for MCP... http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Map_Chooser_Plus

Should give you an idea of how far it's coming along. By the way, let me know and I can delete all these "off-topic" posts from your thread, including this one.
Old 11-07-2007 , 20:30   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #126

Sounds good

Their are so many threads in their its hard to see a full explination of all commands/cvars/client commands and features. I see new features added and whatnot but cant seem to find a single descriptive post for the entirety of the plugins

But im gonna have to test it out and see how it goes for sure

edit: lol nm, i clicked on your lab first before the Wiki

Its just a lil hard to read thru it all in the Wiki somewhat is all. But I will definitly be posting in your lab for a few of those things.

Last edited by bmann_420; 11-07-2007 at 20:34.
ciuciu
Old 11-16-2007 , 16:25   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #127

Hello!

I've been using Deagle's for some time, and out of nowhere after changing a server (with whole amx directory copied) it stopped to work :/

I have totaly no idea what could go wrong, but there are several symptoms:

* listmaps came up with no map (displaying 1 - 0 maps in console)
* voting sometimes appear, sometimes not :/
* after successfull voting, on hud it displays which map has won (with number of votes), but in chat it displays:
Voting has finished. Next map will be
YES: there is no map name there! ie. variable with map name empty?
*After last round a hud message with 'switching to in 3 seconds' (no map name here as well)
* after few seconds there is a 'changelevel ' command invoked, which crashes server.

I've been trying few diffrent versions of deagle's (old ones as well), and every one seem to have the same problem. What I did wrong?

here're some examples of config files that I have:

amxx.cfg:
Code:
// deagle map manager
dmap_strict 1
dmap_maxcustom 2
dmap_nominations 1
dmap_message 5
dmap_freeze 0
<-- those are only settings with dmm

I have all map files:
cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/allmaps.txt
cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/mapchoice.ini
cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/standardmaps.ini
cstrike/addons/amxmodx/configs/mapstoban.ini

And really no idea WTF
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 11-16-2007 , 17:45   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #128

Sometimes when you just copy that much, their can be issues, its almost a 50/50 chance. I would just reinstall amxmodx and install a fresh dmm version and see how it goes. Mainly because not 100% of the files or info is guaranteed to make it, even if its 1 line, it could be the plugin and ruin everything.
Old 11-16-2007 , 18:27   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #129

Well.. problem solved

I've copied everything correctly (everything was working) but i've disabled 'nextmap' plugin (since it gave inaccurate info about next map, since voting was 2 min before map end.. and next map always came up with current map)

But it seem like every mapchooser uses that function (nextmap) to determine what map will be next and it cannot run without it

It should be in requried plugins somewhere
MAUGHOLD
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2007 , 19:25   Re: Deagles' Map Management 3.0
Reply With Quote #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann_420 View Post
I have trying to check out your progress on your plugin, but its been down

The issue is the svb_bad disconnect all players at end of map bug lol. Viscious lil basdard that seems to sneak around only to selected servers and cause this issue. With or without other plugins enabled. It has not happened to me yet but some people have had to downgrade because of it. Link

But its nice to see your back up and running again

bmann and others having the svc_bad problem, How are you serving your MOTD to your clients, because i have tried many things to stop this with no luck, Until i tried serving my MOTD a different way and that stopped it for good about a year ago.

I have no idea why what i did worked but it has not happend ever since.

I simply uploaded my motd.html to my web site and used the following code in the motd.txt on my server.

Code:
<html> 

<frameset cols="*" framespacing="0" frameborder="no" border="0"> 
<frame src="http://www.mysite.com/motd/motd.html" name="frame_main" /> 
</frameset> 

</html>
I run a 32 slot dod 1.3 HLDS on Fedora core 5 with 60 plugins + shrikebot, running on 1000 sys_ticrate, pingboost 2, 100MB uplink, P4 3.2 gig, with 1 gig of ram. This is the only server on the box.

here is my startup CMD line,

screen ./hlds_run -game dod +ip **.**.**.*** +port 27015 +map dod_orange +maxplayers 31 -zone 8192 -pingboost 2

Just giving you all as much info as i can because this problem was really bad for me and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. What i do know is that this is an HLDS problem and has nothing to do with AMXX or any type of plugin. Because it happens with no metamod,amx,amxx or adminmod

I also run DMM and it runs flawlessly.. Good luck all. -M
{FJ}Justice STEAM_0:0:633975 If anyone needs any help with their server, Just add me to steam friends and I'll help you out.

Last edited by MAUGHOLD; 11-16-2007 at 19:29.