Tracers 9 36.00%
Sounds 5 20.00%
Command Items 7 28.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Order of item module updates to 2.0!

Post New Thread Reply   

Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-05-2015 , 19:57   Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #1

Vote above which modules you want to see updated first for 2.0 once it launches.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-05-2015 , 23:34   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #2

seems you can do multiple votes, only picked equipment, wanted to add in titles and skins.
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 10-08-2015 , 10:35   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin955 View Post
seems you can do multiple votes, only picked equipment, wanted to add in titles and skins.
Just realized the same thing after I voted, I would've placed a vote for Sounds as well
Old 10-08-2015 , 12:52   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #4

Looks like the first 3 will be Equipment, Trails and Skins. People still have 2 days to vote on modules they want to see updated first.

Keep in mind that update would include full feature sets along with bug fixes with all the API changes happening so the updates will be pretty big.
Function
Old 10-08-2015 , 14:31   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #5

Once released someone should do a video of setting up Skins, Trails, Equipment, and etc... The old guide was a little confusing. Also I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is will we be able to add items to the store (of course putting the materials in the appropriate location) will it then build a config?

That would probably end a lot of pain, just making a config builder for the skins.

Thanks,
Function
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-08-2015 , 15:26   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Function View Post
Once released someone should do a video of setting up Skins, Trails, Equipment, and etc... The old guide was a little confusing. Also I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is will we be able to add items to the store (of course putting the materials in the appropriate location) will it then build a config?

That would probably end a lot of pain, just making a config builder for the skins.

Thanks,
Function
Talk to arrow about that, I just take the JSON attributes and just use them for the items in the plugin.
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-20-2015 , 13:30   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #7

oh yeah, forgot to mention that skins works just perfect in css/csgo and most games? where does it not work?
equipment, and titles/namecolors is what is currently not working in csgo, there is no need to fix something that is already perfectly working. and gives no errors in the logs.
in other games other people has to step up and say if there is any plugin thats not working.

and function, store was not ment to make skins download easier, for me i write every single path to the model / material folder in a .ini file from the sm_skinchooser plugin, (dont use sm_downloader its bad compared to sm_skinchooser) for precaching models and downloading everything you could possible need.
the store precaches alot of models just by making the item in the store (but easily can miss a few materials/models, this is the part where you actually have to do something instead of being lazy.

sm_skinchooser = 1 file where you input paths to models/materials that you want to be downloaded,
like so, most models you download will contain a txt file pre made for you with these paths instead of writing themself, and all you have to do is copying them over to the sm_skinchooser config in 2 clicks and ur model is guaranteed to download.
Spoiler

and i kinda re-read ur comment again, put models/materials in the right folder? that question is kinda,,,? you dont know where to copy paste the materials/model folder that comes with every model you download (99%)? straight into ur server folder? google 5 minutes should solve that and or youtube 5 min.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-20-2015 at 19:21.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2015 , 12:03   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Function View Post

Thanks,
Function
A config builder is very unlikely to be included in the webpanel for various reasons:
* There are a lot of different modules. (It would involve a bunch of work to make a config builder for them)
* The webpanel cant access the gameserver files (at the moment).
* I dont have the time to do that.

There are a few reasons why I wont make a installation video:
* The written installation tutorial will covers the setup of the webpanel / the store plugin
* All the information that is required to setup the webpanel / the store plugin is already available in the installation tutorial / the forum / can be found via a google search (if the problem is not related to the store plugin / webpanel)
* There will always be parts that are specific to your setup, so you will always have to use your brain to figure that out (its not possible to cover every way to setup the webpanel / the store plugin; like its not possible to make a video about every possible pc build; A tutorial can show you the general way to do it, but you always have to invest some own effort; if you dont want that you can always pay someone to do that for you)
* I dont make videos
Old 10-21-2015 , 19:07   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #9

was thinking of getting a gtx 960, my 1gb vram is kinda starting to lack but to be honest its more than you think. (1gb vram)
and if so i get shadowplay and then i could make a video.

oh yeah just an old edit i forgot, the skin plugin (i had problems back in 2013-2014 when i tried to add skins that used alot of vtf/vmt files)
leia from star wars package v2 on gamebanana was first time and then i thought, hm why did this happend then i noticed it did have 25-30 vtf/vmt files +,
so that gave me an idea, let me now try another skin, i found one with 50 vtf/vmt files and it had the same problem, and i did try a third to make sure.

all the skins i got working is under 25/20 (not sure exacly how much it was before plugin break). i mean i dont know why thats causing anything but the sm_skinchooser works fine on all those skins but store wouldn't equip them. and the onliest thing i see in common was the mass amount of vtf / vmt files on the model.
just in case you actually would update the skin plugin, and if so see if you can somehow make it work better with the equipment plugin, i think thats what causes hats and equipment to get on a players weapon somethimes in linux, in windows this never happends.

Last edited by Robin955; 10-24-2015 at 06:34.
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 12-20-2015 , 11:00   Re: Order of item module updates to 2.0!
Reply With Quote #10

I added all my store modules to github so r3dw3r3w0lf if you want, you can tell me your github user for add you as Collaborator in my store modules for do commits on it freely.

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco