Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20

Post New Thread Reply   

sidiousbr
Old 11-16-2014 , 01:03   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #511

what about that resize torso 5 + resizehands .1 and resizehead 5? man, i laughed so hard at the dinosaur like heavy

PS. Is there any way to make the hitboxes scale with the resize? i use resizetorso and no one can hit the extended torso

Last edited by sidiousbr; 11-16-2014 at 15:54.
Precious Hippocrates
BANNED
Old 11-18-2014 , 09:20   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #512

Is it normal that resized torso's and hands look very... jittery?

I don't recall it ever doing this until it got implemented into this plugin.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2014 , 13:58   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
sidiousbr
Old 11-18-2014 , 17:30   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #514

yea, this is awesome, but if you try to give the other guy a hs, it gets impossible
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2014 , 18:25   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.1 - 2014/11/20
Reply With Quote #515

Version 1.5.1 is out!

With so much code changed I knew there'd be something. A simple update, but I'll reiterate the last update's changelog too since it got pushed to the previous page quickly.
    • Fixed notifications for single targets.
    • Added the ability to change players' hand sizes - similar to existing commands (see Commands).
    • Added the ability to change players' torso sizes - similar to existing commands (see Commands).
    • Added commands to reset all resizes on targets (see Commands).
    • Added ConVar sm_resize_steps to scale step-size (see ConVars).
    • Added ConVars sm_resize_defaulthandsresize and sm_resize_defaulttorsoresize (see ConVars).
    • Added ConVars sm_resize_handsmenuitems and sm_resize_torsomenuitems (see ConVars).
    • Added ConVars sm_resize_handsbounds and sm_resize_torsobounds (see ConVars).
    • Added new options for ConVar sm_resize_menu (see ConVars).
    • ConVar sm_resize_joinstatus is now deprecated, replaced with sm_resize_onjoin (see ConVars).
    • Removed restriction for root admins to go beyond bounds.
    • Improved resizing after a timer expires.
    • Improved notification output.
    • Added overrides sm_resizehandsjoinoverride and [Ism_resizetorsojoinoverride[/I] (see Overrides).
    • Added overrides sm_resizehandsboundsoverride and sm_resizetorsoboundsoverride (see Overrides).
Old 11-24-2014 , 03:16   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious Hippocrates View Post
Is it normal that resized torso's and hands look very... jittery?

I don't recall it ever doing this until it got implemented into this plugin.
Hi! Author of TF_ResizeEtc here, which was the one that first did this. Been pretty occupied.

After setting the m_fl*Scale netprop, it begins to set itself back to 1.0 over a period of time (this can be observed by setting the torso scale to something like 20.0 and back down to 1.0 on my plugin). The way I solved it was to set the netprop to the adjusted size on every entity tick.

I haven't seen this plugin's implementation of the torso / hand scaling, but if I remember correctly, the player and head scaling was reset on a timer with relatively longer intervals, which is what I would assume to be the cause of scaling jitter.
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2014 , 16:39   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #517

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
...if I remember correctly, the player and head scaling was reset on a timer with relatively longer intervals, which is what I would assume to be the cause of scaling jitter.
No. It's set every frame. You should check the source before posting.

Quote:
I haven't seen this plugin's implementation of the torso / hand scaling
You should really check the source or even just the actual plugin before posting...
Old 11-24-2014 , 22:36   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
No. It's set every frame. You should check the source before posting.
Ah, sorry, I see the OnGameFrame() method now. It's been a while since I looked over an older version of that code (I did skim over it while scraping up TF_ResizeEtc) and all I can recall from the code were methods and variables talking about resize timers. Thanks for the correction.

That said, I did just give the updated version of the plugin a shot, and I also do see the slight jitter that Precious Hippocrates has mentioned. Just wanted to give insight on other approaches.
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 15:07   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #519

Quote:
Ah, sorry, I see the OnGameFrame() method now. It's been a while since I looked over an older version of that code (I did skim over it while scraping up TF_ResizeEtc) and all I can recall from the code were methods and variables talking about resize timers. Thanks for the correction.

That said, I did just give the updated version of the plugin a shot, and I also do see the slight jitter that Precious Hippocrates has mentioned. Just wanted to give insight on other approaches.
Thank you for being polite and civil. As far as my plugin history goes, which thankfully I save, I still used OnGameFrame when head resizing was introduced in 1.2.0 - not needing OnGameFrame before then - and have used the same for hands and torsos ever since. The only timers ever used, and the ones you're probably thinking of, are those for when players provide a duration for their resizing, so a timer counts down and reverts their size back again upon reaching zero. This has also been around since 1.2.0.

As far as I was aware from various posts, TF2 and various other games have a locked tick rate of 66 and I've seen in other posts someone was getting about 60 frames per second using OnGameFrame, so they seem pretty similar. But I'll still look into it for the sake of always improving where possible.

Last edited by 11530; 11-25-2014 at 15:09.
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2014 , 15:14   Re: [ANY] Resize Players - 1.5.0 - 2014/11/15
Reply With Quote #520

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Thank you for being polite and civil. As far as my plugin history goes, which thankfully I save, I still used OnGameFrame when head resizing was introduced in 1.2.0 - not needing OnGameFrame before then - and have used the same for hands and torsos ever since. The only timers ever used, and the ones you're probably thinking of, are those for when players provide a duration for their resizing, so a timer counts down and reverts their size back again upon reaching zero. This has also been around since 1.2.0.

As far as I was aware from various posts, TF2 and various other games have a locked tick rate of 66 and I've seen in other posts someone was getting about 60 frames per second using OnGameFrame, so they seem pretty similar. But I'll still look into it for the sake of always improving where possible.
I'm sure you all know already, but if you use the attribute instead of the netprop it wont jitter