Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

duydangle
Old 07-13-2011 , 07:07   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
Delete ALL of the UMC translation files and then replace them with the ones in the current release.
I have the same problem, I use the lastest release.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-13-2011 , 11:56   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1502

Looks like it's a problem with the Portuguese translation. Try replacing it with the one attached here (place it in addons/sourcemod/translations/pt).
Attached Files
File Type: txt ultimate-mapchooser.phrases.txt (4.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 07-14-2011 , 00:19   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1503

I made a plugin for this that allows you to specify how long after a map is loaded that it can be shown again. I know next to nothing about SourcePawn and oh god this is terrible don't look. If anyone wants to clean it up, feel free. It works okay for my purposes though. I have it set to a custom map can only be nominated every 24 hours by setting that map's "allow_every" to 24. I think you can use "default_allow_every" for the group as well but I never tested it.

Not even gonna bother supplying the smx until after it's cleaned up by me or someone else.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (umc-timeframe.sp - 184 views - 2.9 KB)

Last edited by Sazpaimon; 07-14-2011 at 00:21.
Alan
Old 07-14-2011 , 10:49   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1504

Hey guys I have a problem here, hopefully someone might be able to help.

The problem is... my server is hosted at multiplay.co.uk . They have this control panel of theirs named Clanforge, and they have the options to add plugins. Amongst them is the Ultimate map chooser. I've added this plugin but when I try to start with rtv or nominate, nothing happens. I only get "Alan initiated Rock the vote ...."

now when I rcon sm_um_mapvote I get this strange error
Cannot build map vote menu, rotation file is invalid.

Ive checked everything twice, the umc rotation file seems to be fine.

Only thing suspicious to me is that Clanforge has its own maps system where you add maps in Clanforge administration and the mapcycle.txt file has this string instead of mapnames:
$$maplist_525$$

maybe this could be the problem, cause the UMC can not recognize $$maplist_525$$ as a valid mapname. The string $$maplist_525$$ is basically a placeholder variable for Clanforges map adding system.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-14-2011 , 11:32   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
my server is hosted at multiplay.co.uk . They have this control panel of theirs named Clanforge, and they have the options to add plugins. Amongst them is the Ultimate map chooser. I've added this plugin but when I try to start with rtv or nominate, nothing happens. I only get "Alan initiated Rock the vote ...."

now when I rcon sm_um_mapvote I get this strange error
Cannot build map vote menu, rotation file is invalid.

Ive checked everything twice, the umc rotation file seems to be fine.

Only thing suspicious to me is that Clanforge has its own maps system where you add maps in Clanforge administration and the mapcycle.txt file has this string instead of mapnames:
$$maplist_525$$

maybe this could be the problem, cause the UMC can not recognize $$maplist_525$$ as a valid mapname. The string $$maplist_525$$ is basically a placeholder variable for Clanforges map adding system.
Well I can't say I have experience with Multiplay, so I don't know if they're installing this plugin correctly. Assuming that they are, I need to see your umc_mapcycle.txt file and any logs from when you attempted to RTV or us sm_umc_mapvote.
Old 07-14-2011 , 11:40   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
I made a plugin for this that allows you to specify how long after a map is loaded that it can be shown again. I know next to nothing about SourcePawn and oh god this is terrible don't look. If anyone wants to clean it up, feel free. It works okay for my purposes though. I have it set to a custom map can only be nominated every 24 hours by setting that map's "allow_every" to 24. I think you can use "default_allow_every" for the group as well but I never tested it.

Not even gonna bother supplying the smx until after it's cleaned up by me or someone else.
I cleaned it up a bit and added the usual exclusion cvars for nominations and map display. I also renamed it because I felt the name was too close to the existing Time Limits module and it may have caused confusion.

I've written up some official documentation here.
Attached Files
File Type: smx umc-postexclude.smx (6.4 KB, 168 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (umc-postexclude.sp - 161 views - 3.2 KB)
Old 07-14-2011 , 16:16   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1507

Quote:
I cleaned it up a bit and added the usual exclusion cvars for nominations and map display. I also renamed it because I felt the name was too close to the existing Time Limits module and it may have caused confusion.

I've written up some official documentation here.
Thanks, I was afraid my sudden onset of laziness would stop this plugin dead in my tracks.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-17-2011 , 00:47   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1508

Quick status update: next version is going to contain the fixed portugese translation, the new Post-Played Exclusion module, and some minor revisions to the Admin Menu module (specifically aimed at making Manual Vote Population easier).
Old 07-17-2011 , 01:31   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1509

Quote:
Quick status update: next version is going to contain the fixed portugese translation, the new Post-Played Exclusion module, and some minor revisions to the Admin Menu module (specifically aimed at making Manual Vote Population easier).
Could you make it so that the Admin Menu can be given to "certain admins only" with the use of flags?
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-17-2011 , 02:23   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.2.1 (Updated 7/4/2011)
Reply With Quote #1510

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamasniu View Post
Could you make it so that the Admin Menu can be given to "certain admins only" with the use of flags?
Right now it's set so that admins with the changemap flag (g) can access the admin menu (this would make sense since it involves changing the map). I'm pretty sure this can be changed using Admin Overrides.