Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2]MOTD backpack(With player menu)

Post New Thread Reply   

altoidwoman
Old 04-18-2012 , 07:07   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #51

I've been wanting to have it so it displays 10 items on one line like in the normal backpack or in steam-browser when you're on tf2items.com but this plugin displays 9. Can someone tell me how?
Munra
Old 04-18-2012 , 11:45   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoidwoman View Post
I've been wanting to have it so it displays 10 items on one line like in the normal backpack or in steam-browser when you're on tf2items.com but this plugin displays 9. Can someone tell me how?
There is really nothing I can do about that. The TF2 items site wraps so it depends on the size of you MOTD how many items you see. The size of the MOTD is based on your game resolution. It may be possible to link to tf2item differently but then some users would have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars.

Last edited by Munra; 04-21-2012 at 13:04.
S_W_A_T
Old 04-18-2012 , 11:52   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #53

Just edit the source and remove the ?wrap=1
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2012 , 13:55   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #54

Yea, I get 10 items on one line. As Munra said, it's all just down to your own resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_W_A_T View Post
Just edit the source and remove the ?wrap=1
That would just make ones backpack pages appear on physically separate pages. Horrid! I assume altoidwoman wants it still wrapped.

Anyway if it helps altoidwoman, I personally use a resolution of 1366x768.
Old 04-18-2012 , 16:47   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #55

I updated the plugin, turns out I was using an old version. It's showing full page but since I'm on high resolution I am getting 14 per line. So it's all just client based? No way of setting fixed motd width? I actually don't mind having horizontal scrollbars. I have a page of dixies set in a heart formation that I'd like to show up normally.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2012 , 20:25   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
I updated the plugin, turns out I was using an old version. It's showing full page but since I'm on high resolution I am getting 14 per line. So it's all just client based? No way of setting fixed motd width? I actually don't mind having horizontal scrollbars. I have a page of dixies set in a heart formation that I'd like to show up normally.

To you its going to show up like that...but think of it this way that others may be running that higher resolution and they will see that "heart formation" lol I mean don't build the setup around YOU but consider the majority of the users to the server which talking to many of my regulars they all use high res monitors and don't have a single issue..in fact love the change.
Munra
Old 04-21-2012 , 13:03   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
You can set motdbp_fullscreen to 0 in the config and you'll get the old school way. However it will still have the wrap.

To get rid of the wrap you'll have to edit the source.

In version 2.2 find line 135
Code:
Format(itemsurl, sizeof(itemsurl), "http://www.tf2items.com/steamid/%s?wrap=1", steamid);
Change to

Code:
Format(itemsurl, sizeof(itemsurl), "http://www.tf2items.com/steamid/%s", steamid);
save and compile http://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php

Last edited by Munra; 04-21-2012 at 13:04.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-23-2012 , 22:50   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #58

I'm using this and I've got the default for adverts at 0 but I'm still seeing advertising popups which are damn annoying... solution?
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2012 , 09:47   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #59

Everything is fine for me Horsedick, even when starting from a fresh install of the plugin.

Try deleting your config file and, failing that, looking for a place where you've set the cvar accidentally.
Old 04-24-2012 , 10:05   Re: [TF2]TF2items.com MOTD backpack(With player menu)
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Everything is fine for me Horsedick, even when starting from a fresh install of the plugin.

Try deleting your config file and, failing that, looking for a place where you've set the cvar accidentally.

OK no wait... seems I've got this really confused on what this is supposed to do.

I'm wanting to block the adverts IN the backpack...not for the backpack lol.
really those damn things are damn annoying, I've gotten complaints and when I looked they do infact not just show up top right corner but they popup in front of you're face.

Need adblock for this plugin... that seems to be the issue here.

Last edited by Horsedick; 04-24-2012 at 10:08.