Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Release Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]

Post New Thread Reply   

Donski
Old 07-14-2014 , 17:09   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh0381 View Post
Can someone help me? I'm very confused with this, I've gotten almost everything to work (I can login to admin panel for donation control and use other tools) and followed the manual exactly but when I try to test a donation (http://rsg-bans.gaming.multiplay.co....trol/index.php) it keeps telling me "Sorry we were unable to get your Steam ID. You probably entered an incorrect Steam ID. Please check and make sure you entered a valid Steam ID and try again." I've been testing with my steam id (STEAM_0:1:49521333)
Make sure you have an API key set in your includes/config.php file.

Line 106:

Code:
define('API_KEY' , 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX');
You can get an API key here.

I made the same mistake in the past and I'm 99% sure this will fix your problem.

EDIT: Oops, ninja'ed.

Last edited by Donski; 07-14-2014 at 17:10.
rh0381
Old 07-15-2014 , 02:46   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #282

So, the API key wasn't fixing it so I quickly tried moving it to a free host, that fixed the problem but brought a new problem (Yes I have set up the information for the database on a different server). (http://rsg-donate.webege.com/donate.php)

It looks like it contacting the wrong database

Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'rsgbans'@'31.170.160.105' (using password: YES) in /home/a7626204/public_html/donate.php on line 6
When the ip for the database is '85.236.96.5'

PHP Code:
//Sourcebans is required as of 2.0.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
define('SB_DB'true); //ONLY SET TRUE IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_HOST' '85.236.96.5');      //set MySQL host ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_USER' 'rsgbans');         //MySQL username ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_PASS' 'XXXXXXX');       //MySQL password ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
define('SOURCEBANS_DB''rsgbans'); // sourcebans database, this is needed.
define('SB_PREFIX''sb'); //Sourcebans database prefix. Only change this value if you changed your database prefix when setting up SourceBans.
define('SB_SALT''SourceBans'); //dont change this unless you changed your salt in sourcebans (if you dont know what salt is, you didnt change it)
define('SB_ADMINS''ServRoot'); //name of admin group in sourcebans which has access to the donor panel
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 

PHP Code:
///////////////////////////
//Donations Database info//

define('DB_HOST' '85.236.96.5');        //set MySQL host
define('DB_USER' 'rsgbans');             //MySQL username
define('DB_PASS' 'XXXXXX');         //MySQL password
define('DONATIONS_DB' 'rsgbans');   //donations database 
----------------------------EDIT BELOW-------------------------

When I set the information above to the mySQL database for the new server it seemed to fix it but then i couldn't login to the donation control admin panel and it would give me a ton of errors

New Information that fixed the donate page but broke admin login:
PHP Code:

define('DB_HOST' '10.1.1.114');        //set MySQL host
define('DB_USER' 'a7626204_donate');             //MySQL username
define('DB_PASS' 'XXXXXX);         //MySQL password
define('
DONATIONS_DB' , 'a7626204_dondb');   //donations database 
----
Errors on admin login after trying to login with the SB root account (I could login before i changed the information to the new servers information)

Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'rsgbans'@'31.170.160.105' (using password: YES) in /home/a7626204/public_html/donations/admin/index.php on line 9

Warning: mysqli::real_escape_string() [mysqli.real-escape-string]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/a7626204/public_html/donations/admin/index.php on line 14

Warning: mysqli::query() [mysqli.query]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/a7626204/public_html/donations/admin/index.php on line 21

Warning: main() [function.main]: Couldn't fetch mysqli in /home/a7626204/public_html/donations/admin/index.php on line 21
'31.170.160.105' is the IP for the new website not the source bans website.

Last edited by rh0381; 07-15-2014 at 05:52.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 06:17   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #283

all your errors are from your invalid passwords.

Donations Control uses 2 databases, one for itsself and the SourceBans one.

i think you have your databases mixed up.
Old 07-15-2014 , 06:36   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
i think you have your databases mixed up.
That doesn't make any sense though, I can't have them mixed up. Is the first part not the database that holds all the information about the donators e.g. email addresses, names & expiration dates e.t.c. :

PHP Code:

define('DB_HOST' '10.1.1.114');        //set MySQL host
define('DB_USER' 'a7626204_donate');             //MySQL username
define('DB_PASS' 'XXXXXXX');         //MySQL password
define('DONATIONS_DB' 'a7626204_dondb');   //donations database 
-----

Also is this not for the sourcebans database:

PHP Code:
////////////////////
//Sourcebans info//
///////////////////

define('SB_DB'true); //ONLY SET TRUE IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_HOST' '85.236.96.5');      //set MySQL host ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_USER' 'rsgbans');         //MySQL username ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SB_SV_PASS' 'XXXXXX');       //MySQL password ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER
define('SOURCEBANS_DB''rsgbans'); // sourcebans database, this is needed.
define('SB_PREFIX''sb'); //Sourcebans database prefix. Only change this value if you changed your database prefix when setting up SourceBans.
define('SB_SALT''SourceBans'); //dont change this unless you changed your salt in sourcebans (if you dont know what salt is, you didnt change it)
define('SB_ADMINS''ServRoot'); //name of admin group in sourcebans which has access to the donor panel
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
define('TIERED_DONOR'false); //multiple class of donors eg. VIP/Elite 
I mean if i got them mixed up wouldn't it give me errors if i put in my steamID and tried to donate.

Its only giving me errors when I try to login to the admin panel (with my sourcebans account) or the donator perks panel.

----edit----

Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli() [mysqli.mysqli]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'rsgbans'@'31.170.160.105' (using password: YES) in /home/a7626204/public_html/donations/admin/index.php on line 9
I don't understand why its giving me this error when i try to login, I havnt set that IP up to any database, that's the IP for the website that's hosting the pages, that IP has nothing to do with the Sourcebans database or the Donation Control database. Donation control database is stored in a different server to that website while the sourcebans database is also in its own server.

10.1.1.114 = Donation Control Database
31.170.160.105 = Website
85.236.96.5 = Sourcebans Database

Last edited by rh0381; 07-15-2014 at 07:00.
Donski
Old 07-15-2014 , 09:20   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #285

I think the reason why that IP (31.170.160.105) is showing is because it's the client IP, it's the one that's trying to access the database remotely. Try adding privileges to that actual user. I'm not that familiar with remote databases but AFAIK, adding a user such as rsgbans (only) for example will only allow local access.
rh0381
Old 07-15-2014 , 10:02   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donski View Post
I think the reason why that IP (31.170.160.105) is showing is because it's the client IP, it's the one that's trying to access the database remotely. Try adding privileges to that actual user. I'm not that familiar with remote databases but AFAIK, adding a user such as rsgbans (only) for example will only allow local access.
So I assume I need to give 31.170.160.105 (the website) privileges to access the rsgbans database?

(I havnt done too much with MySQL)
Old 07-15-2014 , 10:51   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #287

Yes, and I think you also need to grant the right privileges to user@IP (in your case, [email protected]) however I'm not too sure about this. I stay away from remote databases as much as possible

Just curious, do you really have the same name for the user and the database? Also, doesn't it have some kind of prefix (it usually does when you're on shared hosting)?
rh0381
Old 07-15-2014 , 11:15   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #288

Quote:
Just curious, do you really have the same name for the user and the database?
Yeah I do, I get some web hosting from the people who host my game servers (only 1 database though and they dont let me run cron jobs :/) All they ask is what you want the domain to be and the username and so they make everything else the same as the username (apart from the password ofc) (so the database is also named rsgbans)

Quote:
Also, doesn't it have some kind of prefix (it usually does when you're on shared hosting)?
I don't know why there's no prefix, probably just because they aren't really a web hosting company they just offer it if you ask so they don't need prefixes.

But as you can see one of the databases does have a prefix, that's one from a company that's only service is web hosting.

I wish I didn't have to go for shared hosting but I'm just a poor student

Last edited by rh0381; 07-15-2014 at 11:18.
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2014 , 18:37   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh0381 View Post
Yeah I do, I get some web hosting from the people who host my game servers (only 1 database though and they dont let me run cron jobs :/) All they ask is what you want the domain to be and the username and so they make everything else the same as the username (apart from the password ofc) (so the database is also named rsgbans)

I don't know why there's no prefix, probably just because they aren't really a web hosting company they just offer it if you ask so they don't need prefixes.

But as you can see one of the databases does have a prefix, that's one from a company that's only service is web hosting.

I wish I didn't have to go for shared hosting but I'm just a poor student
Use nfo its only $3 a month and u get unlimited databases, bandwidth, space and ssh, ftp, cron ect ect

Maybe ur host doesnt have the mysql server on the same ip.. I dont know but its not anything we can really help u with. You need to take it up with your host

Last edited by nineteeneleven; 07-15-2014 at 18:40.
rh0381
Old 07-16-2014 , 03:25   Re: Donation Control 2.1.5 [over 500 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #290

Okay so ive gone and hosted a website from nfo but im still getting the same error even though I allow external connections to my database hosted by NFO.

Code:
Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'rsgbans'@'hosted19.nfoservers.com' (using password: YES) in /usr/www/rsg1/public_donate/admin/index.php on line 9
PHP Code:

define('DB_HOST' 'rsg1.site.nfoservers.com');        //set MySQL host
define('DB_USER' 'rsg1');             //MySQL username
define('DB_PASS' 'XXXXXXX');         //MySQL password
define('DONATIONS_DB' 'rsg1_donations');   //donations database

////////////////////
//Sourcebans info//
///////////////////

define('SB_SV_PASS' 'XXXXXXX');       //MySQL password ONLY NEEDED IF SOURCEBANS IS ON A DIFFERENT MYSQL SERVER