Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server

Post New Thread Reply   

Misery
Old 11-09-2015 , 18:26   [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

First let me say, for venting purposes, that CS:GO SRCDS is a pure mess and whoever came up with that code is a moron.

Second, when a human player joins a server that is initially empty, but not hibernating (sv_hibernate_when_empty 0), I get systematically a kind of "map reload", as if the server was doing a changelevel itself for the current map...

Chronological example
Code:
 srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +game_type 1 +game_mode 2 -maxplayers_override 32 +map de_dust2 -tickrate 128
[...]

---- Host_NewGame ----
 Host_NewGame on map de_dust2
 L 11/09/2015 - 18:08:45: -------- Mapchange to de_dust2 --------
[bla bla bla]

[server is now empty at this point, with dust2 loaded]
 [a human player joins]

-> Reservation cookie bb1aa5798fdac488:  reason [R] Connect from 192.168.1.168:2
 ---- Host_Changelevel ----
 *** Map Load: de_dust2: Map Group L 11/09/2015 - 18:19:14: -------- Mapchange to
  de_dust2 --------
 L 11/09/2015 - 18:19:14: Error log file session closed.
 GameTypes: missing mapgroupsSP entry for game type/mode (custom/custom).
 GameTypes: missing mapgroupsSP entry for game type/mode (cooperative/cooperative
 ).
 bot_autodifficulty_threshold_high - 5.0
 bot_autodifficulty_threshold_low - -2.0
 bot_chatter - normal
 [bla bla]
  [...]
This kind of level change to be honest makes my scripting a lot more complex because I have to account and predict it when a real human player joins and when theres only bots on the server... keeping a backtrack of players history.

My question is, what is causing it, and second, is it possible to block it with a hook or something? (Basically I want to get rid of it)

I posted in scripting help (I could have posted on SRCDS issues as well) mainly to have more technical descriptions if needed, whether the solutions requires C++ or mere SourcePawn I don't care. I never saw such behavior on HLDS servers, this kind of thing bothers me a lot.

Last edited by Misery; 11-10-2015 at 00:16.
Msalinas2877
Old 11-09-2015 , 19:42   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #2

disable all of the plugins and test
Old 11-09-2015 , 20:38   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #3

first why is this in scripting, 2nd this is normal for a map to 'reload' when first player connects...
Misery
Old 11-10-2015 , 00:15   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
first why is this in scripting, 2nd this is normal for a map to 'reload' when first player connects...
Don't make me repeat please.

That said only half of my question was answered. Why is this even present i.e. why does the engine behaves like that!? Second, is it really needed, I mean is there a reason why it's there or is it simply the fruit of incompetence from SRCDS/GO devs?

If it's not I will direct my work toward memhacking it to replace the call with NOPs or something similar. So knowing why it's like that and why it's needed will certainly help me know what I'm going to do with it.
Thanks!
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2015 , 09:33   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery View Post
Don't make me repeat please.

That said....

oh, all that said..? well then, now, that said, I'm not sure it can be stopped, it's all part of the magical and mystical mapgroups and gamemodes, but good luck to ya.
Blowst
Old 11-11-2015 , 01:11   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #6

Pause randomcycle, nextmap, rockthevote, nominations and things related with map and set cvars(mp_match_end_restart, mp_match_end_changelevel or more?) when the last client disconnects the server.

then set it back when a player connects.

Idk if the plugins should be paused or not tho.

KissLick
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2015 , 09:04   Re: [CSGO] Unexpected map change when a player joins empty server
Reply With Quote #7

Wrong section.

> No help through PM, make a topic.