12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

nope.avi
Old 07-05-2012 , 08:03   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
yeah I was just about to post about that.. I get the same thing

just convert it to 44100 192k stereo and rename ( I just added a 1 to the name of the 4 .mp3s )
Oh I am sorry. When I had that issue, it was with theme and intro, which i converted into wavs, which was mp3s at that time. other than that it seemed okay. Sorry!
Diviara27
Old 07-05-2012 , 08:43   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

@ nope.avi Can you make a post where you can post your freaks since I am having a hard time finding your other bosses.

EDIT//

In my fastdl, the directory is / while in the boss' cfg is \. Should I change it to /?

Freak Fortress 2

VS Saxton Hale

Adding more soon.

Gentlemen?

Last edited by Diviara27; 07-05-2012 at 08:52.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I was doing some work on moving weapon restrictions to a separate file when I noticed this...

The Reserve Shooter's attributes are currently totally out of whack. According to this, they should one-shot any airborne boss.

Has anyone seen this in practice?
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:06   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research View Post
My server exploits much time but I can't fix this
I tried sourcemod, metamod, sdkhooks update but it's not working
What version of FF2 u using? And when did that error come out? Is it from an individual boss or all boss? From the error word "Array out of bounds", i can roughly predict you get that error is maybe because you have too many tauntsounds on your boss. Can i know how many tauntsounds you're using on that boss?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I was doing some work on moving weapon restrictions to a separate file when I noticed this...

The Reserve Shooter's attributes are currently totally out of whack. According to this, they should one-shot any airborne boss.

You mean reserve shooter can 1 hit kill boss when the boss is on air?

Last edited by Otokiru; 07-05-2012 at 10:08.
Cookies.net
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:13   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

Talking about attribute 265 being 99999.0? I think the 99999.0 is the time the MINI-CRITS after switch against airborne targets

If you look in items_game.txt for the reserve shooters attributes
Code:
"mod mini-crit airborne deploy"
{
	"attribute_class"	"mini_crit_airborne_deploy"
	"value" "3"
}
and the stock reserve shooter has a 3 second mini-crit against airborne target after switch
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:18   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies.net View Post
Talking about attribute 265 being 99999.0? I think the 99999.0 is the time the MINI-CRITS after switch against airborne targets

If you look in items_game.txt for the reserve shooters attributes
Code:
"mod mini-crit airborne deploy"
{
    "attribute_class"    "mini_crit_airborne_deploy"
    "value" "3"
}
and the stock reserve shooter has a 3 second mini-crit against airborne target after switch
Ah, you're right... for some reason, I was thinking that was the damage percentage. Which is dumb since mini-crits are always the same amount of damage.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-05-2012 at 10:18.
Research
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:21   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otokiru View Post
What version of FF2 u using? And when did that error come out? Is it from an individual boss or all boss? From the error word "Array out of bounds", i can roughly predict you get that error is maybe because you have too many tauntsounds on your boss. Can i know how many tauntsounds you're using on that boss?...
I tried 1.06, 1.06a, 1.06c, 1.06d because my server always exploit
Too many tauntsound... oh I see
some boss used 20+ taunt sound
I'll try delete sound
Thanks!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2012 , 10:58   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Here are some of the proposed weapon changes for the next version (who knows when it'll be done):
  • Non-boss weapons will no longer be replaced, instead their attributes will be changed. This may not work for the Bazaar Bargain, Razorback, Darwin's Danger Shield, and Cozy Camper... we'll be using a different replace mode for those.
  • Weapons given to bosses should no longer suffer from the same restrictions as weapons given to players. This was apparently an oversight in how it was coded.
  • KGB and GRU will now use the new GRU attributes.
  • We're trying to replace the current way the Medigun's speed attribute works to act like the actual game does... I think it's the "lunchbox add minicrits" attribute from the Quick-Fix, but needs testing. If it works, it also means the Quick-Fix jump thing from the last update will also work.
  • Mediguns no longer start with 40% uber-charge and 125% ubercharge build rate, but instead have a 160% ubercharge build rate (may need tweaking).
  • Cleaner's Carbine will act as a stock SMG (relatively little loss there except the rare kill possibility in a multi-boss game).
  • Hitman's Heatmaker will act like the stock sniper rifle for balance reasons.
  • Cozy Camper will be replaced with an SMG.
  • The Crusader's Crossbow's damage has been reduced from 250% higher to 200% higher to compensate for its faster reload speed; uber charge rate is unchanged (it was already slower than the syringe gun).
  • Experimental: Scorch Shot now replaced by Mega Detonator (already replaces Flare Gun and Detonator); Mega Detonator shells have knockback. (Needs testing to see if it's viable)
Should we change the Holiday Punch to something else, too?

Edit: The Flare Gun and Detonator are currently configured to do more damage to self than the normal ones do; trying to bring that back in-line with normal.

Other balance changes:

The democharge_shield ability can't be used unless Demopan actually has some rage. Additionally, it will consume part of his rage even if he has < 10 or > 90 rage (it didn't used to). New arg1 for how much rage it should use (defaults to 0.4, his old amount). Having serious thoughts about bumping this to 2 or so by default.

Edit 2: We've suffered a major power outage where I live so once I leave work, I'll be incommunicado for 16 or so hours... and unable to put any more work in on this. Therefore, you get to hear all about what I'm doing now.

I'm doing a major rework of how subplugins communicate with the main program. The current plan is to eliminate freak_fortress_2_subplugin.inc entirely. Instead, a plugin will use FF2_RegisterSubplugin(GetMyHandle(), function_name_here) in OnAllPluginsLoaded for their main FF2_OnAbilityEx function (optional for those that don't have OnAbility functions), and FF2_UnregisterSubplugin(GetMyHandle()) in OnPluginEnd. There will also be a method to get if a plugin is used by the current boss, although it's not clear yet how this is going to be implemented... likely through additional callbacks that may also be registered with FF2_RegisterSubplugin.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-05-2012 at 17:04.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 07-05-2012 , 17:01   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Dr. Who can pick up ammo, what did we do to fix other bosses that could do this?? I think Arnold could do this, but it got fixed
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-05-2012 , 17:05   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Dr. Who can pick up ammo, what did we do to fix other bosses that could do this?? I think Arnold could do this, but it got fixed
Set one of the max ammo attributes to 0... attribute 25 for secondary weapons and spy revolvers, attribute 37 for primary weapons.

(Side note: Most classes have Primary, Secondary, Melee. Engineer has Primary, Secondary, Melee, PDA, PDA2, and Building. Spy has Secondary, Building, Melee, PDA, and PDA2)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-05-2012 at 17:12.
Closed Thread