Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-12-2011 , 11:19   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darememph View Post
hi its nice but i cant help you for translate
i dont can log in
As noted in the first post and on the translator tool page, please file a bug if you would like access to add translations for a specific language. The bug tracker can be logged into using your forum email address and password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papyrus_kn View Post
Would you add Bulgarian in the language list?
I'll see what we can do. If so, are you able/willing to provide translations via the tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
"Further enhanced TF2 support for developers" Any advanced notice as to what this means?
Code:
/**  * Called after a condition is added to a player  *  * @param client        Index of the client to which the conditon is being added.  * @param condition     Condition that is being added.  * @noreturn  */ forward TF2_OnConditionAdded(client, TFCond:condition); /**  * Called after a condition is removed from a player  *  * @param client        Index of the client to which the condition is being removed.  * @param condition  Condition that is being removed.  * @noreturn  */ forward TF2_OnConditionRemoved(client, TFCond:condition); /**  * Called when the server enters the Waiting for Players round state  *  * @noreturn  */ forward TF2_OnWaitingForPlayersStart(); /**  * Called when the server exits the Waiting for Players round state  *  * @noreturn  */ forward TF2_OnWaitingForPlayersEnd();

In addition, the new GameRules Get/Set Prop natives that work similar to Get/Set EntProp can be used to read (correct!) values and set values in the gamerules class (as trying to manipulate them on the gamerules proxy entity rarely works as intended). TF2 has many of these properties that are useful for tracking round state, in setup, in waiting for players, as well as other variables. More info on that at https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=154217 (it was expanded and merged into sdktools).

Quote:
For example, I'd love to know if you added vote support for TF2's votes (but it'd mean I've been wasting my time writing an extension for it).
I haven't looked into the voting functionality in-depth, but feel free to file a bug if you would like something like that included and it can be investigated further, both the functionality and how it would best be integrated and/or exposed

Quote:
Also, are there any major changes for Extension developers (other than the addition of HintMsg to IGameHelpers)?
Nothing major, but enough small things that a wiki page should probably be made with the list of additions. I'll make one later and link it.

Quote:
For that matter, is it possible to add the different text locations for TextMsg as constants in IGameHelpers so we don't have to either include them directly or include HL2SDK's (non-public) game/shared/shareddefs.h ? (Whoops, I should probably file a bug report requesting this. I can't from work, though).

As a reminder, those values are:
Code:
#define HUD_PRINTNOTIFY        1
#define HUD_PRINTCONSOLE    2
#define HUD_PRINTTALK        3
#define HUD_PRINTCENTER        4
That's probably a good idea. Please file a bug.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2011 , 11:28   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I haven't looked into the voting functionality in-depth, but feel free to file a bug if you would like something like that included and it can be investigated further, both the functionality and how it would best be integrated and/or exposed
I've documented which UserMessages and events it uses on the TF2 Voting wiki page.

Certain operations that the SourceMod voting system does are basically impossible using those UserMessages and events. For example, translations, because the vote options are sent to all users at once via the vote_options event. I'm writing an extension that provides an API to do votes using this, heavily based on the SourceMod voting API.

It may also be possibly to manipulate CVoteController directly if you have its offsets, but I'm not sure how to control what it lists on multiple choice votes.

Heck, maybe you can manipulate the VGUI panel for it directly, but I know nothing about that.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-12-2011 at 11:34.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2011 , 12:23   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

The increased compiler speed is great, but you've introduced some compiler bugs. I have to use the 1.3 compiler as the new 1.4 compiler will not compile my plugin. So no one can use enums with strings..

(mine specially) https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=5068 all

Last edited by pheadxdll; 10-12-2011 at 12:27.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-12-2011 , 12:59   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
That's probably a good idea. Please file a bug.
Turns out I was wrong about it being blocked. Enhancement bug filed.
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2011 , 14:07   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

RedSword
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 10-13-2011 , 15:51   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

Cool to see this.

Thanks Sourcemod-developper's-team !
RAWR (per player/rounds Awp Restrict.)
Kill Assist
Be Medic

You can also Donate if you appreciate my work
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-13-2011 , 19:50   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

nvm

Last edited by Horsedick; 10-13-2011 at 19:56.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-14-2011 , 01:18   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

I can update the English strings if need be?
Old 10-14-2011 , 01:58   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

I've been waiting for an update for a while. This is nice to see.
adrianman
Old 10-14-2011 , 02:17   Re: SourceMod 1.4 nearing completion. Translators needed.

new error with latest build from multiple plugins
Native "CreateEntityByName" reported: Cannot create new entity when no map is running
Happening since build 3402 up.Game is L4D2.
Problem seems to be precaching some particles on round_start or OnMapStart().

Last edited by adrianman; 10-14-2011 at 02:57.
Closed Thread