12% 

[Alliedmods] Join a start-up

Post New Thread Reply   

daniellyonz
Old 09-16-2014 , 17:00   [Alliedmods] Join a start-up
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone,
Thank you for viewing my post!

Let me introduce myself a bit further before going in more deeply in detail.
My name is Daniel Lyons and I am a user experience designer with experience of working with clients such as American Express, Adecco and Proactiv.
Currently I have my own company and I am working as a freelancer.

For the past months I’ve been starting to put together a business plan for my next upcoming project it is going to be based on the half-life and the source engine.

I have over the past months finally completed the business model and all the technical specifications needed for seed funding phase. Within the next weeks or months I will try to raise capital for the project and I feel quite conferrable that I will succeed.

And what I would need assistant with is to get to know somebody with the right skillset needed for this project. If I am able to raise capital I am able to pay the developer full-time in the close by further, and that would be wicked right? I hope you see this opportunity to do something you really love doing, that’s important for me and for you.

My requirements are described below
• Knowledge of developing plugins to the source engine
• Knowledge of developing plugins to the half-life engine
• SQL or MySQL
• PHP or NodeJS
• JavaScript
• Git
• Familiar with agile system development

If you would like to get to apply or if you have any questions let me know over a private message. I will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Don’t be afraid of applying I am a nice guy and I will be kind to you whatever you ask!

Thank you for reading this once again!

Best regards,
Daniel

Last edited by daniellyonz; 09-16-2014 at 17:03.
joshknifer
Veteran Member
Old 09-16-2014 , 17:05   Re: [Alliedmods] Join a start-up
Reply With Quote #2

Post more details on what you would need for the job and what the pay would be. Also, where are you located, as labor laws come into play.
Old 09-16-2014 , 17:18   Re: [Alliedmods] Join a start-up
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshknifer View Post
Post more details on what you would need for the job and what the pay would be. Also, where are you located, as labor laws come into play.

Hi joshknifer I am glad you toke interest in my post, let me answer you question.
I don’t have the capital right now to pay you full-time but when I get the seed funding I will be able to pay you around 2000£ - 3000£ depending on as stated above.
I totally understand if you are not able to move down to Luxembourg and I will take care of the employment factors. For me right now it’s important to find the right people for my business.

Last edited by daniellyonz; 09-16-2014 at 17:20.
joshknifer
Veteran Member
Old 09-18-2014 , 12:03   Re: [Alliedmods] Join a start-up
Reply With Quote #4

I am not interested at all, but my job is as a Technical Recruiter, so I know there are hoops you have to jump through when trying to hire employees. We also work with a ton of start-ups so I understand the culture. Get funding and then worry about hiring. Until then, you would be better suited on selling developers on your idea and plan. If you can sell your vision, when you do have the capital to fund hiring you will have an easy time getting developers to come on board.