Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Issue Please help, store has stopped working randomly

Post New Thread Reply   

ShinyRazu
Old 10-16-2015 , 08:08   Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #1

2015-10-10 00:00:00 [store/store-logging.smx] INFO | Logging started
2015-10-10 072:44 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | SQL Error on GetEquippedItemsByType: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
2015-10-10 13:521 [store/store-backend.smx] ERROR | SQL Error on GetEquippedItemsByType: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

People can earn store coins but can't go to their inventory, sometimes !store stops working completely
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2015 , 10:24   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #2

The error messages tell you the problem.
Read them.
Old 10-16-2015 , 10:31  
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah they tell me that the servers can't connect to the database... but it doesn't say any of either:

A) Why they can't
B) How to fix it

Which is why I came here? :s

The store was working for over 6 months and I didn't change ANYTHING at all. I had an issue where databases stopped connecting before, then it fixed after 2-3 days. Now its mainly store but the odd one does also stop working too sometimes, but I asked my host and they said there are no problems with the databases? So I am stuck trying to understand what is the problem

Last edited by Arrow768; 10-16-2015 at 10:55.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2015 , 10:52   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #4

Umm... few things I would try I guess:
  • Reinstalling Sourcemod & Metamod.
  • Reinstalling the server.
  • Reinstalling the OS.

If one doesn't work, try the other. We literally can't do anything about those errors on our end.
ShinyRazu
Old 10-16-2015 , 11:15   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #5

@r3d, I appreciate it is not an error caused by any of you guys. I just simply want to try to understand if there is an issue on the server or the database. As mentioned, nothing on the server has been changed recently so I don't understand how it could be anything other than an issue with the database, but I didn't want to blame the host as they are saying the databases work fine and I don't really know where the problem is.

May I also add that, this is not one server, it occurs over multiple servers, none of which were changed in any way lately, so I don't know how re-installing could help. Maybe updating MM/SM would fix it? I guess I should try once more

Thanks for trying to help me by the way!
supreeda
Old 10-16-2015 , 12:24   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #6

i guess reinstall OS
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2015 , 06:05   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #7

My guess would be that there is a limit on the concurrent connections to the db server.
Old 10-17-2015 , 20:24   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah turns out its the connection limit... AGAIN It's so frustrating because I had one host and found out the hard way that they had a connection limit, then I rectified that by changing to another host and there I have the same issue again... so this will be the third time I need to change host and I don't even know where to go because I just keep running into connection limits which make all my databases stop working. Could anybody help?
Robin955
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2015 , 20:35   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #9

i thought the server made one connection with the MYSQL server and it didnt matter if the server had 1 or 40 ppl in it, if its 40 its still 1 connection thro the server to the mysql, its not from the client to the mysql its from the server.

most places gives up to 20-50 at once, if you have more servers than 20-50 then lol up ur webhost.

and if you absolutely want a good place for host then PM me.
ShinyRazu
Old 10-17-2015 , 22:05   Re: Please help, store has stopped working randomly
Reply With Quote #10

20-50 what? connections? I think the limit here is 10... and I don't even use DBs for anything different to most people. !ccc, player ranks, store and sourcebans, guard bans, war3source.... Of course I want a good host but I need affordable too, because paying half the price of my servers just to get some databases isn't worth it imo =/