Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Issue Encoding error

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

rocknroll
Old 04-30-2013 , 16:20   Re: Encoding error

I'm done. I'm deleting this plugin. Thanks for *awesome* assistance with my problem! I heard nothing but "reinstall", "update" and "send us your logs". It seems that only scriptkiddies are using this forum who can't say anything more clever but "reinstall", "update" and "send us your logs", and lick developer's ass, of course.
The developer, for sure, don't care about his plugin's users.
This is my opinion about this plugin and this plugin's (Shop) forum.

However, you can even ban me for this post. To be honest, I don't give any fuck.

Last edited by rocknroll; 04-30-2013 at 16:23.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 16:32   Re: Encoding error

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
I'm done. I'm deleting this plugin. Thanks for *awesome* assistance with my problem! I heard nothing but "reinstall", "update" and "send us your logs". It seems that only scriptkiddies are using this forum who can't say anything more clever but "reinstall", "update" and "send us your logs", and lick developer's ass, of course.
The developer, for sure, don't care about his plugin's users.
This is my opinion about this plugin and this plugin's (Shop) forum.

However, you can even ban me for this post. To be honest, I don't give any fuck.
I can totally understand your problem, but you should also see the other side of the medal:
We are doing this completely in our freetime and we dont want to use every free second for the store plugin.

Finding and debugging a problem takes some time. And you are the only user with this problem, so it doesnt have a very high priority (cause there are problems that effect much more users).

I am sorry if we could not help you, but its nothing unusual that there are bugs in a application (just take a look at windows vista)
Old 04-30-2013 , 16:38   Re: Encoding error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow768 View Post
I can totally understand your problem, but you should also see the other side of the medal:
We are doing this completely in our freetime and we dont want to use every free second for the store plugin.

Finding and debugging a problem takes some time. And you are the only user with this problem, so it doesnt have a very high priority (cause there are problems that effect much more users).

I am sorry if we could not help you, but its nothing unusual that there are bugs in a application (just take a look at windows vista)
Isn't 1.5 months enough to debug this? ~
If i would work with clients on GHP like you do, I would be fired in 2-3 hours... This was for example. I'm working on GHP in my freetime too, but it NEVER takes more than 1 day to resolve an issue, even if takes to edit sourcemod sources etc. I can see 1.5 moths here.
Not sure, if plugin's assistance team (or kind of that) is really stupid and can do nothing with my problem, or just very lazy. I offered 100$ for solution, so I don't think there are lazy people...

Last edited by rocknroll; 04-30-2013 at 16:43.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 18:00   Re: Encoding error

Maybe you should take a look at the repo of the store webpanel or the store plugin itself:
In both Repos you can see that sometimes there is a huge delay between the commits. This is because we do not have time to implement the features, If we would have time we could do it in a few hours, but we simply dont have time for it.

The situation doesnt change when you offer money for help. (There wont be more time only because you said, that you would give someone 100$)

Your example might be correct, but if I am not completely wrong, alongub doesnt have a "Alongub PLC" and you dont have a support contract with him.

You want to tell us, that the store support is so bad ? Its nothing compared to other Companies.

Ever needed to call the Dell Support ?
I had a Dell Premium Support Agreement, I needed to call the Support one time because a USB-Port broke.
(I am living in Austria, where the main language is German) I called the Austrian Service Number and needed to talk to the Supporter in English because it was impossible for me to understand his German.

Ever had a Problem with MySQL ?
I have reported a critical MySQL Bug on the 1.March 2012 (Suddenly it was impossible to start MySQL because it told me that the DBs are corrupt; There was nothing in the logs that told my why the DBs were corrupted; I even checked for disk failures)
They asked my to upload several files (incl. the whole db server to their ftp) and they got the files on the 10.March 2012
I waited over 11 Months for an Answer.
On the 19. Februar 2013 they told me that they have lost the files in the meanwhile and I should reupload them

A little info: MySQL is powered by Oracle (a Company)

You should also know that there is no "support team" ! There is alongub who coded the Store Plugin, myself (I wrote the webpanel, and have some experience with the store plugin on different Server) and everyone else who is using the store plugin on his server.

What have you expected ? A 24/7 Support Team that is dedicated on solving Problems with the store plugin ? We could setup something like that, if you are willing to pay (lets say) 5000 € per month you can get a 24/7 Support, but I doubt you are willing to pay that much.
Old 04-30-2013 , 18:52   Re: Encoding error

Quote:
cmon

Quote:
Maybe you should take a look at the repo of the store webpanel or the store plugin itself...
I'm listening to this shit 1.5 months. Enough.

Quote:
Your example might be correct, but if I am not completely wrong, alongub doesnt have a "Alongub PLC" and you dont have a support contract with him.
I never told that alongub must help me. However, he must support his plugin, or he will be one of those developers who update their products *thank god* twice a year and never help with installing or fixing something. Isn't that an example of bad developer?

Quote:
*about support in Companies*
I never asked help at official support or guarantee center because I know, what a fuck sake going on there: they just need your money, they are not interested in helping you.

Quote:
What have you expected ? A 24/7 Support Team that is dedicated on solving Problems with the store plugin ? We could setup something like that, if you are willing to pay (lets say) 5000 € per month you can get a 24/7 Support, but I doubt you are willing to pay that much.
I feel OK to pay that amount, if I will get fix within 2, maximum 3 hours after asking for that. That would be great. However, IK that most people registered on this forum always advice to re-install SM (and/or) MM (and/or) Plugins, even if problem isn't SM(MM)-related.

Last edited by rocknroll; 04-30-2013 at 18:55.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2013 , 19:21   Re: Encoding error

Have to tell you a funny fact: While discussing about the support "problems" I completly forgot what your original problem was.

So I just looked it up and I am wondering why you think its a DB Problem ?

Have you tried using only the English language if the (russian?) is not working

Btw. 24/7 support doesnt mean that the problem is solved within a few hours, it means only that you get an answer within a defined time. So basically you got 24/7 Support in this forum (You get an answer within a few hours; but noone guarantees you its a correct answer) ;-)

Last edited by Arrow768; 04-30-2013 at 19:21.
rocknroll
Old 04-30-2013 , 19:50   Re: Encoding error

Quote:
Have to tell you a funny fact: While discussing about the support "problems" I completly forgot what your original problem was.

So I just looked it up and I am wondering why you think its a DB Problem ?

Have you tried using only the English language if the (russian?) is not working

Btw. 24/7 support doesnt mean that the problem is solved within a few hours, it means only that you get an answer within a defined time. So basically you got 24/7 Support in this forum (You get an answer within a few hours; but noone guarantees you its a correct answer) ;-)
I don't think it's DB problem. Alongub told me to backup my DB and send it him.
I need Russian language, btw I'm almost done with my very personal store plugin where Russian item names work.
alongub
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2013 , 06:40   Re: Encoding error

Quote:
Isn't 1.5 months enough to debug this?
Oh, it's much more than enough. This issue has a very low priority since no one else has this issue, and in my limited free time, I prefer to solve important and global issues.

Quote:
If i would work with clients on GHP like you do, I would be fired in 2-3 hours... This was for example. I'm working on GHP in my freetime too, but it NEVER takes more than 1 day to resolve an issue, even if takes to edit sourcemod sources etc. I can see 1.5 moths here.
You are not my client, and I couldn't care less about you. This is an open source project. Unfortunately, since our time is very limited and we're only 2 developers, we provide minimal public support only.

I will still solve this issue though, after other important issues are done. If you can't wait, add me on Steam and we could make an arrangement for private support.
Old 07-16-2013 , 16:21   Re: Encoding error

A problem like this should be cased some trouble in database.cfg, or translations folder.
If you have checked both, try to check if you have missed something on the installation.
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 07-18-2013 , 16:12   Re: Encoding error

Frankenstein, Episode 1 (go here for episode 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiksBhop View Post
A problem like this should be cased some trouble in database.cfg, or translations folder.
If you have checked both, try to check if you have missed something on the installation.
(replace the underlined words with (the words in brackets))

Dear Mr. Frankenstein,

may I congratulate you to your successful experiment.
Your in-depth research made it possible to find a dead Thread that has been unanswered for a long time.
You have read all (not very much) of the Thread and made a useful (worthless) contribution to the lively (no longer existing) discussion.
Thanks to your post, the user is now (un-)able to solve his problem.
Compared to the other people, you are (not) a main developer, while alot of the other people are some dump idiots (quite intelligent guys) who have not thought (thought already) about this option.
Mr. Frankenstein, you are one of the most intelligent (..) members here, you figured out in a minute, what more then 5 guys didnt figure out in more then a month.
Please make more of your useful (not very useful but funny) contributions in the future, so we can discuss your great (..) thoughts again.

May I give you a job hint: You could have a promising future at a help desk, where you can ask to user to do what he has already done (checking his installation ).

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by Arrow768; 07-18-2013 at 16:51.
Closed Thread