Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2015 , 20:52   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
I think I broke it with my bot :O
This seems to only happen when the rocket is the sentry rockets and super high speeds are reached.
https://youtu.be/Xi6RscGWQvc
I think that the problem is that the rocket is so fast that it teleports from one location to another when it tries to "move" I don't think that I can do anything about it, but normal people never go beyond 3000 hm/s, what was the speed on that video?
Old 04-05-2015 , 21:35   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #142

Is there a conversion for the old single rocket plugin to the newest version? I noticed in the configs that the base values for rocket speed and turn rate weren't even close.

Old version:
/ >>> Movement parameters <<<
"damage" "50" // Base damage done by the rocket.
"damage increment" "25" // Increment per reflection.
"speed" "650" // Base speed for the rocket.
"speed increment" "150" // Speed increment per reflection.
"turn rate" "0.215" // Turn rate / tick for this rocket.
"turn rate increment" "0.0275" // Increment per deflection.

New version:
//Base Speed of the rocket. TF2's rocket has a default speed of 1100.0
"BaseSpeed" "1100.0"
//Speed Increment on deflect
"DeflectSpeedInc" "50"
//Turn rate per tick
"TurnRate" "0.05"
//Turn rate Increment on deflect
"DeflectTurnRateInc" "0.005"

You had advised me previously to lower the TurnRate, but what would be the equivalent of .215 in the old version?
Old 04-05-2015 , 21:40   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
I think that the problem is that the rocket is so fast that it teleports from one location to another when it tries to "move" I don't think that I can do anything about it, but normal people never go beyond 3000 hm/s, what was the speed on that video?
Oh yeah lol, I'm sure that can't be fixed as the speed I was at is inhumanly possible (Don't remember what the speed was). I got to 254 deflects by using the pyro auto reflect plugin against my bot. However, if I do the same thing with the normal rockets, it gets so fast that it crashes my game, lol. Just uploaded it for shits n giggles and thought I'd share .
Old 04-05-2015 , 22:50   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
Is there a conversion for the old single rocket plugin to the newest version? I noticed in the configs that the base values for rocket speed and turn rate weren't even close.

Old version:
/ >>> Movement parameters <<<
"damage" "50" // Base damage done by the rocket.
"damage increment" "25" // Increment per reflection.
"speed" "650" // Base speed for the rocket.
"speed increment" "150" // Speed increment per reflection.
"turn rate" "0.215" // Turn rate / tick for this rocket.
"turn rate increment" "0.0275" // Increment per deflection.

New version:
//Base Speed of the rocket. TF2's rocket has a default speed of 1100.0
"BaseSpeed" "1100.0"
//Speed Increment on deflect
"DeflectSpeedInc" "50"
//Turn rate per tick
"TurnRate" "0.05"
//Turn rate Increment on deflect
"DeflectTurnRateInc" "0.005"

You had advised me previously to lower the TurnRate, but what would be the equivalent of .215 in the old version?
The thing is most values are used in the same way, is just that I wrote different values on the default files. Those values are from the Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin, turn rate is bigger there because the plugin calculate the direction less often, but the speed it's the same: hammer units per second.

I made this plugin so everyone could edit it to whatever they want, but there isn't any consistency between the first dodgeball plugin/ YADP 's turnrate and this one, you'll have to try until you got what you want, this is what I use on my server btw:

Spoiler

I have a high turnrate because I don't like orbit, but when I started to test the new plugin on my server, I allowed orbit to go easy on people, and I think that everything below 0.08 made the rocket orbitable (with speed on 1100 I think).
Old 04-06-2015 , 20:05   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #145

I love this plugin a lot. Makes it feel like the good ol' speed dodgeball days from Chronic. Here's some suggestions:
1) Allow players to disable/enable (enabled by default) the sentry beep (when the rocket is targeting them) via client prefs (cookies)
2) Have a config/cvar option to enable/disable (disabled by default) airblasting players, pushing them back (preferably a command too, that way I can toggle it on/off at special occasions)
3) Have a config/cvar option to change the speedometer to MPH.

Last edited by Nanochip; 04-07-2015 at 00:00.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2015 , 14:42   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanochip View Post
3) Have a config/cvar option to change the speedometer to MPH.
He's working on that one

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Creampuffyness
Old 04-10-2015 , 23:08   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #147

Bug to report. When there are multiple people vs 1, and that 1 players kills all the remaining players with 1 rocket, the next round is bugged. The game thinks there is a 1v1 duel going on and there are no rocket beeps, no annotations, and the player who won the previous round has 2 lives. Kinda messes everything up. Maybe each round needs a proper reset to prevent this?
Old 04-10-2015 , 23:52   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Bug to report. When there are multiple people vs 1, and that 1 players kills all the remaining players with 1 rocket, the next round is bugged. The game thinks there is a 1v1 duel going on and there are no rocket beeps, no annotations, and the player who won the previous round has 2 lives. Kinda messes everything up. Maybe each round needs a proper reset to prevent this?
Added to my ToDo list, sorry for the lack of updtes I'll work on this this weekend:
*Change speed units.
*Allow airblast config (included in per map configs).
*Fix annotations when the rocket is destroyed.
*Add cookies to enable/disable the beep sound and the rocket annotation.
*Fix the bug when one destroys everybody.
Old 04-11-2015 , 00:34   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #149

When you change the speed unit, if it is not just cosmetic on the HUD, please provide the conversion formula for us. By the way people are really liking the update after a few tweaks from default.
Old 04-11-2015 , 10:33   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
When you change the speed unit, if it is not just cosmetic on the HUD, please provide the conversion formula for us. By the way people are really liking the update after a few tweaks from default.
Don't worry, I'll add a config thing to choose between these:

Normal (HM/s) - Normal with units on the hud (HM/s) - Km/h - MPH
Multiply Hammer unit by 0.426 to get Miles per hour (15/352)
Multiply Hammer unit by 0.686 to get Kilometers per hour (15/352 *1.609)

Also, what few tweaks? maybe I should change the default values for the plugin.