Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2: Roll the Dice RTD - v0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-22-2009 , 08:59   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #211

http://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php

You need to download the latest sourcemod and copy over the gamedata folder and overwrite it. Restart your server and you should be good-to-go.
Old 05-25-2009 , 05:42   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #212

Hello, I need some help.

1)
If I want to set this plugin to be triggered, say every 1 minute, automatically, but not by server admin, or any player, how should I do it? ( either with RTD alone, or with additional plugin )

Thanks for the help.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-25-2009 , 12:01   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #213

John:

I'll incorporate a command to do that in my next release of RTD. That should be soon. I'm in the process of working out the bugs, it's already mostly coded. Just wait a bit longer.
Old 05-25-2009 , 15:04   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #214

pheadxdll:

Thank you so much for asking my questions ( this & the "Server CronTab" ).

Awesome to know that you will incorporate that option to your plug-in.
-------------

If I may, I would like to make a little feature request.

Say for a fun server, it would be nice to have:

1)
Option for server to trigger RTD ( in set time interval ) only.

2)
Then a losing team will trigger RTD.

3)
Some effect happens, which is to the losing team's advantage.

4)
Some ideas on the effect:

* fog
( I guess can only have it globally, but would be cool if only effecting the winning side )

* Extra med kit / metal, for the losing side.
Hi, I'm John Smith
Old 05-25-2009 , 20:46   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #215

pheadxdll:

Got a quick question. When using "sm_rtd @all," it seems only the same player will be triggered ( the one has the highest player # ).

1) Is there a way to cause all players to roll dice?

2) Is there a way to cause random player to roll dice?

3) What is the minimum value for "sm_rtd_wait?" I tried setting it to "0.0" and "1.0," but they didn't work.

4) I tried to put the cvars in the .cfg of the map, but didn't work. It works when I put the cvars in the "server.cfg" though.
-------------------------

Overall, your plug-in is a lifesaver to me. Thanks for your great work!!

Last edited by Hi, I'm John Smith; 05-25-2009 at 20:58.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 05-26-2009 , 04:26   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #216

John, as you said, there is a minimum wait time between when each individual player can rtd. Also, only one player can rtd at once, thus it picks the one with the highest player number. back in the thread somewhere, somebody edited RTD so that everybody could do it at once with no wait. It's been a while since I've been through the whole thread, so i couldn't say who, but if you look, somebody has added the functionality you have asked for, albeit in a very outdated form.
Old 05-29-2009 , 15:41   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #217

Is it possible to add this to the admin menu and load and unload rtd while the server is still running?
Packhead
Old 05-29-2009 , 15:48   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #218

I've got a weird issue.

I leave the plugin loaded 24/7 -- however I only enable it on certain maps (using sm_rtd_enabled 1). However, when I do that, the plugin never works. I have to do sm_rtd_enabled 0, reload the plugin, and then do sm_rtd_enabled 1 and then it sometimes works...

I get this error everytime I set sm_rtd_enabled to 0:

Code:
L 05/29/2009 - 14:47:42: [SM] Plugin encountered error 15: Array index is out of bounds
L 05/29/2009 - 14:47:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "rtd.smx":
L 05/29/2009 - 14:47:42: [SM]   [0]  Line 272, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/3/4/6/8/6/41090.attach::ConVarChange_Enabled()
Ripture
Old 05-30-2009 , 12:30   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #219

When I do sm_rtd_enabled in my server console, it finds the command, but when I try to do it from my client console, the command doesn't exist, but I can do sm_rtd name from my client console.

EDIT: Initially, rtd did nothing, the plugin intercepted it and made it not appear in chat, but no dice were rolled. During the process of typing this post, I went back in and tried again, the plugin worked. Then the second person that tried it had nothing happen. No one else could rtd because it said it was busy with the second person. When that person died, it said he died during rtd. Now we can each seem to do it alright. I'm hoping that it wasn't a certain roll that it did and tried to execute a command that caused it to lock up like that.

An on-screen display of the current RTD status would be nice, like something telling you if RTD is available, who's using it right now, what they have, etc.

EDIT2: It does seem to be "sticking" on people randomly. It will work alright for a while then do nothing when someone rolls the dice, causing no one else to be able to roll the dice because it will say they're busy with that other person. This goes on until that first person dies and RTD reports that they died during RTD. Then other people can roll.

Last edited by Ripture; 05-30-2009 at 13:48.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2009 , 14:09   Re: TF2: Roll the Dice (0.2)
Reply With Quote #220

If you go back a few pages here, youll see some of the stuff was broken. I posted a fix a while back for the health roll. Its the health roll that locks up the plugin. Im not sure if any others are broken like that, but health is for sure.

So either fix the health roll or disable it.