Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Index buffer bug.

Post New Thread Reply   

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-08-2022 , 05:00   [L4D2] Index buffer bug.
Reply With Quote #1

[l4d2] too many indices for index buffer: Tell a Programmer (43878 > 3276

how do i increase index buffer size client side so i dont crash.

thank you.
Old 01-08-2022 , 06:06   Re: [L4D2] Index buffer bug.
Reply With Quote #2

This can't be done, it's an engine limitation. Best way to prevent this is lower settings or minimize decals manually via .vmt files with nodecals 1 in them for models that are susceptible of being coated in decals, survivors at best.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-08-2022 , 08:45   Re: [L4D2] Index buffer bug.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
This can't be done, it's an engine limitation. Best way to prevent this is lower settings or minimize decals manually via .vmt files with nodecals 1 in them for models that are susceptible of being coated in decals, survivors at best.
OK Thank you.
Old 01-08-2022 , 21:27   Re: [L4D2] Index buffer bug.
Reply With Quote #4

Can u Do this to the hunter file that prevents it from putting blood decals on the survivors thus stopping the infection at its source? Hands down i would only get this crash when a hunter pounces on a survivor thus spreading many blood decals.

Let me know.

Thank you.

FOUND SOURCE:

Empress Eris Sovereign Goddess Jan 18, 2019 @ 5:53am
Recycle Finn Left 4 Dead 2 4 hours ago

its a issue with blood decals on high poly models. you can fix it by putting $nodecal 1 in all .vmt files in model materials. https://steamcommunity.com/app/550/d...8172123164682/

I went into the .vpk of this mod and edited all the .vmt files and put $nodecal 1 in. It fixed the Hunter Pounce crash issue. Only thing is you wont get blood on the model anymore so she will always look beautiful. Hopefully the creator of this mod sees this and updates this one with this fix or fixes the issue entirely since they made the mod.

Otherwise there may be a 3rd Ashe/Rochelle mod up there if it takes too long xD.

Good hunting.

Sonaphine Jan 16, 2019 @ 8:41am
NicKKKKKKK Do something!!!!

Empress Eris Sovereign Goddess Jan 13, 2019 @ 7:20pm
Engine Error: too many indices for index buffer. . tell a programmer (41421 > 3276 anyone else get this error when getting pounced as this skin by a hunter? (not joking) sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't been playing l4d for 10 years never had a error like this happen until i used this skin. its a good skin though if i can figure out this glitch/bug 10/10!

if you also have custom hunter model, do this for that model aswell.

Ok it worked I believe, if it breaks for whatever reason i'll post in here again. I did a playthrough on dead center and dark carnival got pounced many times and the game didnt crash only thing different is the model doesn't get blood stains on her cloths so she always looks pretty now. Thank you for the help! Also I posted in the original creators mod comments so hopefully they fix it, and said this:

its a issue with blood decals on high poly models. you can fix it by putting $nodecal 1 in all .vmt files in model materials. https://steamcommunity.com/app/550/d...8172123164682/

I went into the .vpk of this mod and edited all the .vmt files and put $nodecal 1 in. It fixed the Hunter Pounce crash issue. Only thing is you wont get blood on the model anymore so she will always look beautiful. Hopefully the creator of this mod sees this and updates this one with this fix or fixes the issue entirely since they made the mod.

Otherwise there may be a 3rd Ashe/Rochelle mod up there if it takes too long xD.

Good hunting.
Old 01-14-2022 , 14:08   Re: [L4D2] Index buffer bug.
Reply With Quote #5

Thanks for info.
That also happens when several high polygon models are appearing at client field of vision, which in total oveflow engine's hardcoded limit.