Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)

Post New Thread Reply   

lqhnybear
Old 05-25-2011 , 12:24   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #441

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperShadow View Post
You can probably start with Naris's version on page 34 and work from there. I'm running his and the only problem I have is that it doesn't always run on the first map after reboot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
I'm just gonna point out in a wild guess and say this mod does NOT work and i should wait until a fix.

It does work, you just need to read the posts. I've had it running for months.
Old 05-25-2011 , 18:07   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #442

Is this integrated with Ultimate Mapchooser?

Will be awsome if yes.
Jstn7477
Old 05-25-2011 , 18:57   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by away000 View Post
Is this integrated with Ultimate Mapchooser?

Will be awsome if yes.
Nope, but UMC does work with it for map reweights. Hope Steell can take over the plugin and fix it, as well as making it part of UMC. That would be awesome.
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2011 , 19:01   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #444

What's there to fix?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2011 , 10:03   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #445

Apparently there is a fix somewhere but i could never get the dam thing working. eh
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2011 , 14:51   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
What's there to fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Apparently there is a fix somewhere but i could never get the dam thing working. eh
I assume eraserhead was responding to this, in the unapprove reason: "simple error(s) left unfixed for years."

I admit, I'm curious as well.
Old 06-04-2011 , 17:46   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #447

Hey folks, just a quick heads up.

I'm on the verge of making an official fork and re-releasing this plugin, with all of the associated changes and features requests listed on this thread as well as additional functionality.

I'll be calling it MapRate Improved.

What I need from you is to let me know if I'm missing anything or if there any additional features that should be added.

The reason for the re-release is I've been modifying the plugin to fix errors and add additional functionality, and figure since the original is unapproved I might as well just release this one.

Attribution:
MRI is based on the following community updates and feature requests -

Additional functionality added:
  • Added console-only commands to rate maps without any menu appearing
  • Added additional barker commands
  • Refined timers
  • Additional client checks and other verifications before making any potentially dangerous calls
  • Experimental text file database
  • Custom sounds
  • Option to not manage file downloads, allowing deferral to a different plugin (sm_downloader, etc)
  • Simple API to allow 3rd party plugins access to ratings and other information
  • Ability to generate a static HTML rating list on-demand or via timer for those who don't want to use the php file

I'm hoping to release this in a month or so. Will come around asking for translators for additional phrases when that has been finalized.

/r/tf2 - /r/rugc_greatlakes - /r/rugc

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2011 , 21:20   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #448

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJeremy View Post
Simple API to allow 3rd party plugins access to ratings and other information
I have a request for this:
Code:
/*  Fetches the average rating of all maps asynchronously, and calls the given  *  callback when complete.  *   * @param callback    Function called when process completes.  * @param minRatings    Only fetch maps that have been rated at least this many times.  * @noreturn  */ native GetAverageRatings(AverageRatingsCallback:callback, minRatings=0); /* @param maps    adt_array of map names (keys of the trie)  * @param rating_trie    adt_trie mapping map names to average ratings for the map. Ex: GetTrieValue(rating_trie, "A Map", mapAverage); will store the average rating of "A Map" in the mapAverage variable.  */ functag public AverageRatingsCallback(Handle:maps, Handle:rating_trie);

Basically, I want a way to asynchronously fetch all of the stored map ratings. I will be using this in my Ultimate Mapchooser plugin to make maps with higher average ratings more likely to appear in votes or be picked as the next map. It doesn't have to be implemented like how I have it above, but I think that's probably the easiest way.

If you decide to add this feature to the API, you can use the following query to implement it if you find it helpful:
Code:
#define SQL_STATEMENT "SELECT map, AVG(rating) FROM %s GROUP BY map HAVING COUNT(rating) >= %i"
Old 06-04-2011 , 23:11   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #449

Ok, consider it added to the list - anything else? Essentially this API was decided at the last minute, and exclusively due to your plugin. I'm not even certain if there's a use for it outside of a mapchooser plugin, but just because I can't think of a reason doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.

What I was also thinking of doing is running some unit tests for SQL calls against this database. There's got to be a limit where the calls start to drastically slow - especially against a remote connection. So I had plans for some kind of rudimentary caching.

Does your plugin look at just the most highest rated maps, or the most highest rated maps for the users currently on the server?
I assumed it was the latter, and had plans for creating a separate table for current players - at map start it retrieves players, queries for them in a database, and then updates a second table with N most highest rated maps. Every round this information would be recalculated.

Something like that useful for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
I have a request for this:
Code:
/*  Fetches the average rating of all maps asynchronously, and calls the given  *  callback when complete.  *   * @param callback    Function called when process completes.  * @param minRatings    Only fetch maps that have been rated at least this many times.  * @noreturn  */ native GetAverageRatings(AverageRatingsCallback:callback, minRatings=0); /* @param maps    adt_array of map names (keys of the trie)  * @param rating_trie    adt_trie mapping map names to average ratings for the map. Ex: GetTrieValue(rating_trie, "A Map", mapAverage); will store the average rating of "A Map" in the mapAverage variable.  */ functag public AverageRatingsCallback(Handle:maps, Handle:rating_trie);

Basically, I want a way to asynchronously fetch all of the stored map ratings. I will be using this in my Ultimate Mapchooser plugin to make maps with higher average ratings more likely to appear in votes or be picked as the next map. It doesn't have to be implemented like how I have it above, but I think that's probably the easiest way.

If you decide to add this feature to the API, you can use the following query to implement it if you find it helpful:
Code:
#define SQL_STATEMENT "SELECT map, AVG(rating) FROM %s GROUP BY map HAVING COUNT(rating) >= %i"

/r/tf2 - /r/rugc_greatlakes - /r/rugc

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-04-2011 , 23:26   Re: Map Rate v0.10 (6/30)
Reply With Quote #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJeremy View Post
Does your plugin look at just the most highest rated maps, or the most highest rated maps for the users currently on the server?
I assumed it was the latter, and had plans for creating a separate table for current players - at map start it retrieves players, queries for them in a database, and then updates a second table with N most highest rated maps. Every round this information would be recalculated.

Something like that useful for you?
The plugin fetches every map that's been rated ever (using that query I posted). However, now that I think about, I think using current players is a good idea and it would be cool if you added it alongside the native I posted earlier. Something like this:
Code:
/*  * @param players    adt_array of players (SteamIDs)  * @param callback    callback function  * @param minRatings    minimum number of ratings required to be included  */ native GetAverageRatingsForPlayers(Handle:players, AverageRatingsCallback:callback, minRatings=0);

You may also want to consider not using a table, but instead just build a long query string to match the SteamIDs of people on the server and pull from the one table.