Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] MatchMod

Post New Thread Reply   

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-02-2010 , 00:07   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #111

Thanks again for your hasty reply. I realize the avanti request might be out of the question. Thanks for providing a way to use Stopwatch.

Something maybe for you to consider, if it helps, if ever you might reconsider including this type of map is that an update by valve (Jan 27 2010), the following was implemented:

Quote:
Community requests:
Added new options for the Invade CTF game mode flag. Default is 1.
- 0 : No neutral time
- 1 : Flag goes neutral in 30 seconds (current behavior)
- 2 : Flag goes neutral in 1/2 the return time
Added scoring choice for the Invade CTF game mode. Default is 0.
- 0 : Increment score (current behavior)
- 1 : Increment capture count
Added new inputs to item_teamflag
- ForceDrop : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a player.
- ForceReset : Force the flag to be dropped if it's being carried by a
player, then reset the flag to its original location.
- SetReturnTime : Set the length of time (in seconds) before a dropped flag
returns to base.
Added new output to item_teamflag
- OnTouchSameTeam : Sent when the flag is touched by a player on the same
team.
Avanti is a CTF_INvade mode map. There are many more like these out now, in various stages of completion (e.g., ctf_premuda, ctf_vector, etc.)

Maybe this could be considered, but I certainly won't push you for it as I understand its an effort.

I'm like you w/ the other plugins. Also I run SBans, so I don't use the admins_simple.ini file. You still do? (Oh i see, b/c of the disabling db backfire, interesting.

So exec. war_mode and have myself in the INI file and I should fine executing commands via chat?

Thanks for that.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2010 , 00:24   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #112

Not sure if this will help anyone but I edited my warmode so instead of it unloading everything and just loading the basics, I simply unloaded the plugins I didn't want running during the match. Then at matchend I have my warmode off config as my idleconfig. This reloads all my plugins and then last line of it I added exec server.cfg. I found this to be the simplest way for me and it works great! It made it so all I have to do is turn warmode on and begin matchmod. Everything else happens automatically.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-02-2010 , 08:44   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #113

I will look into the invade mode a bit more and see how it plays out. The only formal configs I directly can add/remove settings from are the PUG configs, the CEVO/TWL/ETF2L will sit until the leagues formally post rules if they are to be played.

For the most part, it sounds like it might simply be a .cfg file to support the game mode, since MatchMod hinges off the tournament mode of TF2, so it may actually work with a couple tweaks to the settings.

By default warmode disables all MySQL access, for that reason, you are going to want at least a minimum inside your admin_simple.ini. Of if sourcebans remains active, whatever is in the Sourcebans DB should still be functional since it uses its own SQL driver and talks to the admin cache directly. (Personally I keep all my admin stuff in Sourcebans and not use the native MySQL DB). I thought Sourcebans updated the admins_simple.ini on its own for some reason though.
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 03-02-2010 , 09:04   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #114

I just checked this but the admins_simple.ini file is empty. So sourcebans admin data is strictly in the MySQL database on the webserver.
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-02-2010 , 15:38   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameless View Post
Not sure if this will help anyone but I edited my warmode so instead of it unloading everything and just loading the basics, I simply unloaded the plugins I didn't want running during the match. Then at matchend I have my warmode off config as my idleconfig. This reloads all my plugins and then last line of it I added exec server.cfg. I found this to be the simplest way for me and it works great! It made it so all I have to do is turn warmode on and begin matchmod. Everything else happens automatically.
This was going to be my alternative approach as I have done this before. However, I really wanted to understand better Hawkeye's method in order to speak the same language since this was his setup.

Alternatives, I think, are always great. Not many people know about them. Maybe this could be included in Hawkeye's OP if felt equally beneficial.

Just my 2 cents on that. thanks Jameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye- View Post
I will look into the invade mode a bit more and see how it plays out. The only formal configs I directly can add/remove settings from are the PUG configs, the CEVO/TWL/ETF2L will sit until the leagues formally post rules if they are to be played.

For the most part, it sounds like it might simply be a .cfg file to support the game mode, since MatchMod hinges off the tournament mode of TF2, so it may actually work with a couple tweaks to the settings.

By default warmode disables all MySQL access, for that reason, you are going to want at least a minimum inside your admin_simple.ini. Of if sourcebans remains active, whatever is in the Sourcebans DB should still be functional since it uses its own SQL driver and talks to the admin cache directly. (Personally I keep all my admin stuff in Sourcebans and not use the native MySQL DB). I thought Sourcebans updated the admins_simple.ini on its own for some reason though.

Thanks for considering the invade mode. Again, I don't have an urgency for it, but if/when you tackle it, I'd be more than willing to assist in testing. The least I could do. Moreover, I've recently registered on your site, so let me know if I can help there also.

As for the additional comp. host configs, UGC, CEVO, and TWL have their config files available for download. idk about ETF2L. Maybe I misunderstand your statement there. I would concur w/ you about the tweaking needed for the particular configs. Your system, effectively breaks apart some of the configs for PuG, but the host specific ones are a single cfg file (eg., 1 for cp, 1 for ctf, etc.). But I'm not going to presume any further w/ your usage and implementation. I've only messed w/ the PuG configs.

Thanks for confirming the db access disabling. I had no idea. To clarify, Sourcebans, while it contains in the dbase the users/flags etc. They are always written to admins.cfg and admin_groups.cfg. Every server restart, a minimum. I don't believe on a map change, but you can do manual Rehash, however other settings in sourcebans.cfg needed. So in my mind the dbase is immaterial, hence my surprise about no Admin menu. SBans does not care or know about the INI file.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-02-2010 , 19:34   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
As for the additional comp. host configs, UGC, CEVO, and TWL have their config files available for download. idk about ETF2L. Maybe I misunderstand your statement there. I would concur w/ you about the tweaking needed for the particular configs. Your system, effectively breaks apart some of the configs for PuG, but the host specific ones are a single cfg file (eg., 1 for cp, 1 for ctf, etc.). But I'm not going to presume any further w/ your usage and implementation. I've only messed w/ the PuG configs.
Basically, what I was saying is, I cannot arbitrarily create new configs for CEVO for example, since CEVO does not have a KOTH mode, there is not one included. So if I created a config it would not conform to CEVO rules which is a goal I set myself. In essence, I am only able to add what actually exists.

The pug configs were generally where I add game modes on the fly as it won't interfere with the formal leagues.

Quote:
Thanks for confirming the db access disabling. I had no idea. To clarify, Sourcebans, while it contains in the dbase the users/flags etc. They are always written to admins.cfg and admin_groups.cfg. Every server restart, a minimum. I don't believe on a map change, but you can do manual Rehash, however other settings in sourcebans.cfg needed. So in my mind the dbase is immaterial, hence my surprise about no Admin menu. SBans does not care or know about the INI file.
Yeah, Sourcebans will handle everything off your Database, but with the option set it will still work if the DB is ever down for long periods, you just need the admin_flatfile.smx enabled and it will give you a backup method to still have admins present.
Hawkeye-
Old 03-06-2010 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #117

Looking at the invade CTF map type, it looks like the normal CTF scoring would work. (most flag caps in x amount of time). That being said the auto-detection inherit to the mod should work fine with the existing configs. I'll grab a map and pull people in later this weekend and get some details out..
Hawkeye-
Old 03-15-2010 , 14:56   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #118

Quick update so everyone has a heads up

1.1.2 will be released shortly, it will include:
  • Admin level command logging to Sourcemod Logs
  • Localization support
  • Support for STA and UGC leagues

The log file of results and menu integration will come in the next update, Localization is going to be a bit of testing still to ensure all the strings are appearing properly.
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2010 , 15:31   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #119

The plugin has been working great!

Quick question though: I was trying to follow along with the order that the cfg files are run. If I were starting a default pug/push match for instance, what is the cfg file that would be run to start pregame?

I was hoping in there I might be able to set something like perhaps friendly fire during pregame only. Or even change the cvar that freezes people at the beginning of a round and I could extend that to be longer during pregame and back to normal once the match starts.

Thanks for the great work!
Hawkeye-
Old 03-15-2010 , 20:16   Re: [TF2] MatchMod
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
The plugin has been working great!

Quick question though: I was trying to follow along with the order that the cfg files are run. If I were starting a default pug/push match for instance, what is the cfg file that would be run to start pregame?
For reference, here is how things progress when the 'sm_matchmod_begin' command is executed (assuming the league cvar is set to 'pug')

pug/custom.cfg (called at the beginning of base)
pug/base.cfg (called at the beginning of push)
pug/push.cfg

Note, this is the effective order, all you ever is called directly is the push.cfg, which reference base, and base references custom. This is the effective order of precedence of the files.

Quote:
I was hoping in there I might be able to set something like perhaps friendly fire during pregame only. Or even change the cvar that freezes people at the beginning of a round and I could extend that to be longer during pregame and back to normal once the match starts.

Thanks for the great work!
As far a pre-game, there isn't much you can do honestly, I am not firing the configs again between pre-game and the beginning of the half, so ont he surface, no not unless there is a code change.