Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

mats
Old 06-09-2011 , 15:04   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
No, because it's built into SourceMod. If you set sm_vote_progress_hintbox to 1, then the progress of UMC's votes will be displayed in the hintbox.

I hope this answers your question.
O sorry I did not read your answer right ;) I thought you saight will not work.

But then if it should work, I have it enabled but still don't see any vote progress. Or do I need to enable mapchooser.smx or something?
Old 06-09-2011 , 16:54   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by mats View Post
O sorry I did not read your answer right ;) I thought you saight will not work.

But then if it should work, I have it enabled but still don't see any vote progress. Or do I need to enable mapchooser.smx or something?
UMC's votes use SourceMod's built-in voting system. This system is what uses the value of the sm_vote_progress_hintbox cvar. Therefore, of you have that cvar set to 1 and you're not seeing a progress hintbox when using UMC, there are two possible causes:
  1. Your game doesn't support hintboxes (not likely)
  2. For some reason the setting is not being read (probable)
  3. There is a problem with your SM installation (possible, but again not likely)
I would make sure that you have indeed set the cvar to 1, make sure you saved the file and uploaded it to your server (if you're not editing the file directly on the server, that is), and that you manually exec sourcemod.cfg (or change the map) so that the cvar is properly read by SM.

EDIT: Also, mapchooser.smx is DEFINITELY not required.

Last edited by Steell; 06-09-2011 at 18:05.
Jonny The Pie King
Old 06-09-2011 , 18:21   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1273

So, I start this up, and I get the following error in my console log:

Quote:
Unknown command "sm_umc_am_type" L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote.smx] Unable to create end of map vote time-trigger, trigger time already passed. KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file umc_mapcycle.txt umc_rotation, King of the Hill, 4, (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file umc_mapcycle.txt (*umc_rotation*), (*koth_viaduct*), (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file umc_mapcycle.txt umc_rotation, King of the Hill, 4, (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file umc_mapcycle.txt (*umc_rotation*), (*koth_viaduct*), (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file umc_mapcycle.txt umc_rotation, King of the Hill, 4, (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file umc_mapcycle.txt (*umc_rotation*), (*koth_viaduct*), (*koth_nucleus*), L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote.smx] Unable to create end of map vote time-trigger, trigger time already passed. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SOUND ERROR: Sound file 'sound/vo/announcer_end_5sec.wav' does not exist. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SOUND ERROR: Sound file 'sound/vo/announcer_end_4sec.wav' does not exist. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SOUND ERROR: Sound file 'sound/vo/announcer_end_3sec.wav' does not exist. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SOUND ERROR: Sound file 'sound/vo/announcer_end_2sec.wav' does not exist. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SOUND ERROR: Sound file 'sound/vo/announcer_end_1sec.wav' does not exist. L 06/09/2011 - 22:115: [umc-endvote-warnings.smx] SETUP: Successfully parsed and set up 9 vote warnings. KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer: got } in key in file umc_mapcycle.txt umc_rotation, King of the Hill, 4, (*koth_nucleus*), KeyValues Error: LoadFromBuffer: missing { in file umc_mapcycle.txt (*umc_rotation*), (*koth_viaduct*), (*koth_nucleus*),
This being the most annoying of the errors. I believe I've attached the ideal info. Any help here? Sound errors are pretty whatever, any plug I use says this, but the game still actually dishes out the sounds anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg umc-endvote.cfg (5.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: txt umc_mapcycle.txt (2.2 KB, 112 views)
Old 06-09-2011 , 18:24   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1274

Code:
"umc_rotation"
{

"King of the Hill"
    {
	"koth_badlands" {}

"koth_sawmill" {}

"koth_nucleus" {} <---Remove these
        {
            "weight"    "4"
        }

"koth_viaduct" {}
    }
}
As for the sound errors, they're normal if you're using sounds which are built into the game as opposed to ones which users would need to download it.
Old 06-09-2011 , 20:00   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1275

I just wrote a handy-dandy Upgrade Guide for those of you still on v2.x who are thinking of upgrading to UMC3.

Last edited by Steell; 06-09-2011 at 20:02.
Jstn7477
Old 06-09-2011 , 20:45   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1276

Quote:
I just wrote a handy-dandy Upgrade Guide for those of you still on v2.x who are thinking of upgrading to UMC3.
I just upgraded my last UMC 2.5 server to 3.0.6 today. So far, so good!

Your documentation looks quite nice, by the way. I read through it today and discovered I could disable a few more modules that I didn't need in my configuration.
Old 06-09-2011 , 23:51   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1277

Mmk, thanks on that one Steell. I have another question though, say I want to create another maps catagory for nominations. Could I just call one "Novelty" and then have it on there? Or is it limited to 6 total categories?

edit: possibly fixed, going to check quick.
Yup. Fixed.

Now to find where it is in that the amount of maps to be voted on...

EDIT AGAIN: oh I see, there's one for every category. Hmm...tricky.

Last edited by Jonny The Pie King; 06-10-2011 at 00:12.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-10-2011 , 01:36   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny The Pie King View Post
Mmk, thanks on that one Steell. I have another question though, say I want to create another maps catagory for nominations. Could I just call one "Novelty" and then have it on there?
Unfortunately, at this time you can't do it. I too was thinking of this problem, and in the next release of UMC there will be a solution where you can define an empty group in your vote mapcycle, and in your nomination mapcycle you can define the same group but have maps in it.

EDIT: Fixed in version 3.0.7

Last edited by Steell; 06-10-2011 at 14:17.
mats
Old 06-10-2011 , 12:44   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1279

Quote:
UMC's votes use SourceMod's built-in voting system. This system is what uses the value of the sm_vote_progress_hintbox cvar. Therefore, of you have that cvar set to 1 and you're not seeing a progress hintbox when using UMC, there are two possible causes:
  1. Your game doesn't support hintboxes (not likely)
  2. For some reason the setting is not being read (probable)
  3. There is a problem with your SM installation (possible, but again not likely)
I would make sure that you have indeed set the cvar to 1, make sure you saved the file and uploaded it to your server (if you're not editing the file directly on the server, that is), and that you manually exec sourcemod.cfg (or change the map) so that the cvar is properly read by SM.

EDIT: Also, mapchooser.smx is DEFINITELY not required.
Got it, I had the cvar in the mapchooser config. That worked before but now mapchooser is disabled its not working any more of course ;)
Old 06-10-2011 , 14:15   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.0.6 (Updated 6/8/2011)
Reply With Quote #1280

Version 3.0.7 Released.

Upgrade Notes:
  • All plugins (.smx) should be updated.
  • Polish (pl) translation should be updated.
  • All other files are unchanged (do not need to replace).

Changes:
  • Changed default value for all threshold cvars to 0.
  • Added standard mapcycle feature; if given a special header, regular one-map-per-line mapcycles can be used with UMC.
  • Fixed bug that was causing "handle is invalid" error messages when runoff votes fail and thair failaction is set to consider the vote a success.
  • Fixed issues with Polish translation.
  • Modified exclusion algorithm when generating vote menus, should allow for nominations to be added to empty groups.
  • Heavily modified internal nomination system.
  • Fixed memory leak when mapcycle files can not be found.

Make sure you pay attention to which modules you have enabled!
Attached Files
File Type: zip UMC3.zip (322.3 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by Steell; 06-10-2011 at 16:28.