0% 

[REQ] Optional ADMIN

Post New Thread Reply   

PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2008 , 15:02   [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #1

Hy

I would like to see a plugin wich adds amin right to the selected players if there are no real admins on the server.

Basicly it would chek:
-Are there ADMIN-s on the server
->1. Yes
-> In this case plugins stops, cause no need for secondary admins
->2. No.
-> It would search in a secondary_admins.txt(cfg/ini), for steam id-s.
-> If one/more of the online playes STEAM ID matches one from the secondary_admins.txt, it would give the players some admin flags
->And when a real admin joins the server the admin flag will be taken from the secondary admins.

The given flags should bee configable vie the above mentioned .ini file.
I would like this plugin beacuse not all of our team are admins on the server and sometimes there isn't any admin on the server, but some team m8ts. And sometimes some players are scewring around and talk dirty(most the target is our m8t who is a Gril).
So i would like to give the the power to fight back when there are no admins.
I hope i was clear and i will soon see this plugin.

Thx in forward.
HiJacker
Old 09-02-2008 , 07:21   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #2

I think that best is giving those secondary admins admin rights too , but with not full access. Or i somewhere saw Admin Timer or something like that , admins from 8:00 am to 13:00pm, after that 13 oclock, other admins will be admins
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2008 , 09:32   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiJacker View Post
I think that best is giving those secondary admins admin rights too , but with not full access. Or i somewhere saw Admin Timer or something like that , admins from 8:00 am to 13:00pm, after that 13 oclock, other admins will be admins
i don't want to give them admin rights because real admin's had apy for the admin rights(it is the monty billy for runing the serv), and it would be not fair to give the other constant rights for free.(i think it would cause a revolt inside the team).

Timed admin would be great but our real admins are randomly on the serv, os it would not work. that's why i need a this kind of plugin.
Lord Max
Old 09-02-2008 , 14:05   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStar View Post
i don't want to give them admin rights because real admin's had apy for the admin rights(it is the monty billy for runing the serv), and it would be not fair to give the other constant rights for free.(i think it would cause a revolt inside the team).

Timed admin would be great but our real admins are randomly on the serv, os it would not work. that's why i need a this kind of plugin.
Hello, he wasn't talking about giving the secondary admins full admin access, so this would not annoy the admins who bought adminship. What he did suggest however, is to give the secondary admins restricted admin rights, just simple ones like 'Kick Player' or 'Change Map', this way the secondary admins could keep the server steady without the primary admins.

The primary admins with full access to the server could then over rule the secondary admins if they didn't like what they did.

I think this is a good idea for a plugin.

Thanks,

Lord Max
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 09-02-2008 , 14:14   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #5

I know this isn't exactly what you requested, but it would be nice to have a plugin that removes access from lower admins if an admin with higher immunity joins. So if an admin with immunity 5 joins, access is taken away from admins with immunity 4 or lower.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2008 , 15:52   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
I know this isn't exactly what you requested, but it would be nice to have a plugin that removes access from lower admins if an admin with higher immunity joins. So if an admin with immunity 5 joins, access is taken away from admins with immunity 4 or lower.
It could solve the problem too, and would bee much easyer to make, i think.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2008 , 13:44   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #7

bump.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2008 , 11:16   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #8

Stil bump....
I don't think thath this would be so hard to code.
But if this would help, i am ready to give 10 $ for this plugin.
Antithasys
Old 09-06-2008 , 16:31   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #9

I have been thinking about this one.

You would have to check for a higher admin on each client connection and disconnection, and then store the highest immunity level.

You would have to modify the admin's flagbits if they were lower than the highest admin or a cvar of a low level; clearing them or adding them back on each disconnect or connect of a admin.

This is interesting... I will think about it some more and post if I come up with something that will work. $10 is not necessary.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 09-06-2008 , 17:36   Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithasys View Post
I have been thinking about this one.

You would have to check for a higher admin on each client connection and disconnection, and then store the highest immunity level.

You would have to modify the admin's flagbits if they were lower than the highest admin or a cvar of a low level; clearing them or adding them back on each disconnect or connect of a admin.

This is interesting... I will think about it some more and post if I come up with something that will work. $10 is not necessary.
Thx.