AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [REQ] Optional ADMIN (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=76887)

PStar 09-01-2008 15:02

[REQ] Optional ADMIN

Hy

I would like to see a plugin wich adds amin right to the selected players if there are no real admins on the server.

Basicly it would chek:
-Are there ADMIN-s on the server
->1. Yes
-> In this case plugins stops, cause no need for secondary admins
->2. No.
-> It would search in a secondary_admins.txt(cfg/ini), for steam id-s.
-> If one/more of the online playes STEAM ID matches one from the secondary_admins.txt, it would give the players some admin flags
->And when a real admin joins the server the admin flag will be taken from the secondary admins.

The given flags should bee configable vie the above mentioned .ini file.
I would like this plugin beacuse not all of our team are admins on the server and sometimes there isn't any admin on the server, but some team m8ts. And sometimes some players are scewring around and talk dirty(most the target is our m8t who is a Gril).
So i would like to give the the power to fight back when there are no admins.
I hope i was clear and i will soon see this plugin.

Thx in forward.

HiJacker 09-02-2008 07:21

Re: [REQ] Optional ADMIN

I think that best is giving those secondary admins admin rights too , but with not full access. Or i somewhere saw Admin Timer or something like that , admins from 8:00 am to 13:00pm, after that 13 oclock, other admins will be admins

PStar 09-02-2008 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiJacker (Post 679945)
I think that best is giving those secondary admins admin rights too , but with not full access. Or i somewhere saw Admin Timer or something like that , admins from 8:00 am to 13:00pm, after that 13 oclock, other admins will be admins

i don't want to give them admin rights because real admin's had apy for the admin rights(it is the monty billy for runing the serv), and it would be not fair to give the other constant rights for free.(i think it would cause a revolt inside the team).

Timed admin would be great but our real admins are randomly on the serv, os it would not work. that's why i need a this kind of plugin.

Lord Max 09-02-2008 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by PStar (Post 680006)
i don't want to give them admin rights because real admin's had apy for the admin rights(it is the monty billy for runing the serv), and it would be not fair to give the other constant rights for free.(i think it would cause a revolt inside the team).

Timed admin would be great but our real admins are randomly on the serv, os it would not work. that's why i need a this kind of plugin.

Hello, he wasn't talking about giving the secondary admins full admin access, so this would not annoy the admins who bought adminship. What he did suggest however, is to give the secondary admins restricted admin rights, just simple ones like 'Kick Player' or 'Change Map', this way the secondary admins could keep the server steady without the primary admins.

The primary admins with full access to the server could then over rule the secondary admins if they didn't like what they did.

I think this is a good idea for a plugin.

Thanks,

Lord Max

DJ Tsunami 09-02-2008 14:14

I know this isn't exactly what you requested, but it would be nice to have a plugin that removes access from lower admins if an admin with higher immunity joins. So if an admin with immunity 5 joins, access is taken away from admins with immunity 4 or lower.

PStar 09-02-2008 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami (Post 680135)
I know this isn't exactly what you requested, but it would be nice to have a plugin that removes access from lower admins if an admin with higher immunity joins. So if an admin with immunity 5 joins, access is taken away from admins with immunity 4 or lower.

It could solve the problem too, and would bee much easyer to make, i think.

PStar 09-04-2008 13:44

bump.

PStar 09-06-2008 11:16

Stil bump....
I don't think thath this would be so hard to code.
But if this would help, i am ready to give 10 $ for this plugin.

Antithasys 09-06-2008 16:31

I have been thinking about this one.

You would have to check for a higher admin on each client connection and disconnection, and then store the highest immunity level.

You would have to modify the admin's flagbits if they were lower than the highest admin or a cvar of a low level; clearing them or adding them back on each disconnect or connect of a admin.

This is interesting... I will think about it some more and post if I come up with something that will work. $10 is not necessary.

PStar 09-06-2008 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antithasys (Post 682255)
I have been thinking about this one.

You would have to check for a higher admin on each client connection and disconnection, and then store the highest immunity level.

You would have to modify the admin's flagbits if they were lower than the highest admin or a cvar of a low level; clearing them or adding them back on each disconnect or connect of a admin.

This is interesting... I will think about it some more and post if I come up with something that will work. $10 is not necessary.

Thx.