Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Lost databases.cfg (recovery possible?)

Post New Thread Reply   

JasperLee93
Old 11-13-2015 , 22:38   Lost databases.cfg (recovery possible?)
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, I have lost my databases.cfg and have forgotten what is my password, port and username for my database.

Is there anyway the webpanel or the database is able to view the database config file I need to put in my databases.cfg, similar to SourceBans's in the Admin Panel?

L 11/14/2015 - 11:27:49: [Store] Connection to SQL database has failed! Error: [2013]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
L 11/14/2015 - 110:53: [Store] Connection to SQL database has failed! Error: [2013]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Windows Server, local hosted

Last edited by JasperLee93; 11-13-2015 at 22:57. Reason: to add details of my setup
Arrow768
Veteran Member
Old 11-14-2015 , 07:12   Re: Lost databases.cfg (recovery possible?)
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperLee93 View Post
Hi, I have lost my databases.cfg and have forgotten what is my password, port and username for my database.

Is there anyway the webpanel or the database is able to view the database config file I need to put in my databases.cfg, similar to SourceBans's in the Admin Panel?

L 11/14/2015 - 11:27:49: [Store] Connection to SQL database has failed! Error: [2013]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
L 11/14/2015 - 110:53: [Store] Connection to SQL database has failed! Error: [2013]: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Windows Server, local hosted
This feels really fishy.

* If you are the owner of the mentioned store installation you should know in which places you have entered the mysql password and look in these places to find the password
* If you are the owner of the mentioned "Windows Server, local hosted", then you should be able to look in the other config file to find the db details
* If you are the owner of the mentioned "Windows Server, local hosted" then you should be able to recover the mysql password
* if you are the owner of the mentioned "Windows Server, local hsoted", then you should know the Port that you used for your mysql installation
* The posted error message does not indicate a problem in the database.cfg file.

All the above reasons make me think that you are just a script kiddy that got access to someones webpanel and wants to perform a privilege escalation.

There is no way to show the db configuration of the webpanel in the web gui, because this would allow everyone who gains access to the webpanel to see the db configuration.

So if you are the real owner you have the following options:
* Recover a backup (I hope you made one)
* Look in the other config file where you have entered the mysql pw when you setup the store plugin / the webpanel (there are two files where you have to enter the db settings)
* Reset the mysql password with the root user ( I hope you have not forgotten the password of the root user / have not used the root user for the store plugin / the webpanel)
* Reset the mysql root password ( There are plenty of tutorials on how to do that on the internet)
Old 11-15-2015 , 13:40   Re: Lost databases.cfg (recovery possible?)
Reply With Quote #3

lost password / user to your phpmyadmin / mysql
just sounds like you are using a service you are not supposed to be using annymore.

on the other hand, you said you are hosting it localy? xampp? if so then use google.

Last edited by Robin955; 11-15-2015 at 13:41.