Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Amxmodx 1.8.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Vivo
Old 01-14-2015 , 20:36   Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, We are waiting the last new version of amxmodx 1.8.3 since 2 years, I mean 2 years with no standard version yet ? Come on make it fast before goldrcs games be dead xD
Really we are waiting can you make it faster, And you can then make updates to fix, but we need a standard version
Thanks for attention
GinNNy
Old 01-14-2015 , 21:25   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #2

OFF TOPIC:
Counter-Strike 1.6 already dead.
If Minh Lee (Counter-Strike's God) didnt left VALVE we will not see CSGO) he worked on CS 2.0 but valve put that on-hold. :S

ON-TOPIC:
I dont really know what is the difference between amxmodx versions after 1.8.1 everything is fine.

Last edited by GinNNy; 01-14-2015 at 21:26.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2015 , 21:35   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivo View Post
Hello, We are waiting the last new version of amxmodx 1.8.3 since 2 years, I mean 2 years with no standard version yet ? Come on make it fast before goldrcs games be dead xD
Really we are waiting can you make it faster, And you can then make updates to fix, but we need a standard version
Thanks for attention
The "standard" version is 1.8.2 at the moment. It's unlikely that 1.8.3-dev will make it into an official release any time soon. Simply use the official version 1.8.2.
Old 01-14-2015 , 21:35   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #4

We are an open source community, if you want a new version released fast just be part of the dev team by contributing code on github.
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2015 , 21:37   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeeeeeeeeel.- View Post
We are an open source community, if you want a new version released fast just be part of the dev team by contributing code on github.
Even more important than that is testing (with the knowledge that something might not work). BUT, this requires someone who is capable of troubleshooting and debugging to actually verify that it's an issue with 1.8.3-dev and not just some poorly coded plugin that probably doesn't even work in 1.8.2.
Old 01-15-2015 , 01:06   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #6

Well i really want to use 1.8.3 again, But i'm afraid from some plugins, Specially auto-mix i don't have the source code who made edit for it shared only amxx, I really HATE no-open source plugins and communities too, When i think i find that the rules here are good, That's why this forum is the best always, I'll think about making servers with 1.8.3 i like it more...
OFFTOPIC: @GinNNy Counter-Strike 1.6 is alive and when you have time i'll play with you and you will see ;)

Last edited by Vivo; 01-15-2015 at 01:07.
Kia
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2015 , 02:39   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Well i really want to use 1.8.3 again, But i'm afraid from some plugins, Specially auto-mix i don't have the source code who made edit for it shared only amxx
Do not use such plugins, they may contain a backdoor and violate the GPL.

Quote:
OFFTOPIC: @GinNNy Counter-Strike 1.6 is alive and when you have time i'll play with you and you will see ;)
CS 1.6 has on top-times around 35.000 players, but they're way more non-steamers playing.
Old 01-15-2015 , 07:33   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #8

Backward compatibility is always kept, so old compiled plugin should work without issues with latest AMXX version.
Old 01-15-2015 , 07:37   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #9

@kia i'm sure it's clean plugin and it fixed problems but it still buggy and you are right who knows i need to get rid of it !
By the way, I used to compile all plugins locally, And i'm learning about plugins with the time i can edit plugins and if i get help here i'll do my best to fix auto-mix ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Backward compatibility is always kept, so old compiled plugin should work without issues with latest AMXX version.
But dude, I want to install new amx because i'm bored from old and bugs, So i can make topic in request forum and i'll get help to fix auto-mix pug by p1mp !? it's unapproved now and he is inactive i can make topic right !?
Thanks all for answer

Last edited by Vivo; 01-15-2015 at 07:39.
GuskiS
Veteran Member
Old 01-15-2015 , 07:48   Re: Amxmodx 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
Any estimated time for 1.8.3 stable release? Or will it be 1.9.0? ;o
Also, if there isn't any estimated time, what are you working now and what still needs to be done?
The Hidden
Cowboys vs Indians
JailBreak Supreme
Survival Madness