Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 11:49   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neh View Post
Hi, I'm loving the features of this plugin so far, but I have a couple of questions about settings that I was hoping to get some help with.

Our TF2 server has extended bonus rounds with music and funtime stuff. How can I ensure that we can get as close to the full 30 seconds of our fun time before UMC changes to the next map? Either by cvar or recompiling if it's necessary. Currently I'm using the setting to change at the end of map, but that forces the change after 5 seconds.
If you're setting End of Map Votes to change at the end of the map, it should not force a change after 5 seconds but rather wait for the map to complete normally. If this is definitely not the case for you, I will need to see this happening in your logs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neh View Post
One more question, regarding the voting panel. I would like for the vote to never use more than one page. In this case, would 8 and 9 also be free for use in the vote, or am I limited to the 1-7 keys?
If you're using the stock SM vote panel and have less than 10 votes, UMC should put everything on one page for you. If not then that's a regression and I will have to fix it.
Old 03-28-2013 , 11:52   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
If you're using the stock SM vote panel and have less than 10 votes, UMC should put everything on one page for you. If not then that's a regression and I will have to fix it.
I haven't looked at the UMC code, but 8 and 9 are reserved by SourceMod unless you disable pagination. I found this out the hard way when working on MapChooser Extended.

Edit:

Having looked through the code now, I spotted this in a stock named SetCorrectMenuPagination.
PHP Code:
GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Valve) != GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Radio
This will always be true.

GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Radio) will be either
  • INVALID_HANDLE for games not supporting Radio menus.
  • A different handle than GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Valve)
Perhaps you meant
PHP Code:
GetMenuStyle(menu) != GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Radio

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-28-2013 at 12:01.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 11:55   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3553

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAcrobat View Post
Another question:
I would like that the server will choose automaticly a random group/game mode on restart/reboot ("_restart" or TF2 update). How would I setup this ?

At the moment the server will start as default -> vote -> game mode -> vote -> game mode ...
UMC doesn't supply a straightforward way to do this.

I suppose you can try using the Random Mapcycle module's sm_umc_randcycle_picknextmapnow command, but that will only select a map at random, not change it. You'd need some other way to trigger a map change.
Old 03-28-2013 , 12:01   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I haven't looked at the UMC code, but 8 and 9 are reserved by SourceMod unless you disable pagination. I found this out the hard way when working on MapChooser Extended.
Assuming the correct way to disable pagination is SetMenuPagination(menu, MENU_NO_PAGINATION) then UMC should be doing this correctly. I wrote a helper function to do the proper logic:

Code:
stock SetCorrectMenuPagination(Handle:menu, numSlots) {     if (GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Valve) != GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Radio) && numSlots < 10)         SetMenuPagination(menu, MENU_NO_PAGINATION); }

Back when I wrote this, if the mod did not support Radio menus, the Handle for Radio menus would be the same as that for Valve menus. Therefore, if the Handles were different, then the mod supported Radio menus.

In response to your edit:

If what you're saying is true, and that check will always return true, then disabling menu pagination should always be happening if numSlots is less than 10, which doesn't explain Neh's problem.

Otherwise, what you wrote makes sense, and back when I was first writing this, that was the route I took. However, as mentioned above, I discovered through testing (I believe on TF2, and according to my change log this was two years ago) that GetMenuStyle(MenuStyle_Radio) would result in the same handle as GetMenuStyle(MenuStyle_Valve) on mods that only supported the Valve ESC-style menus. At the time, my guess as to why this was happening was so that plugins expecting radio menus would fall back to using valve menus if radio menus are not supported in the mod.

Just to be safe (the behavior may very well have changed since I wrote that), I modified the stock to this:

Code:
stock SetCorrectMenuPagination(Handle:menu, numSlots) {     new Handle:radioStyle = GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Radio);     if (radioStyle != INVALID_HANDLE && radioStyle != GetMenuStyleHandle(MenuStyle_Value) && numSlots < 10)         SetMenuPagination(menu, MENU_NO_PAGINATION); }

If what you said is now true, then if Radio menus are not supported, radioStyle should be INVALID_HANDLE.

Last edited by Steell; 03-28-2013 at 12:15.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 12:16   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3555

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
Do you know why this file (\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\data\updater. txt) create itselfs every time?
I would assume that's some kind of temporary file that the Updater plugin uses. You probably want to ask in the Updater thread.
Old 03-28-2013 , 12:21   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3556

Hi
First of all, thanks for your work, you're doing it great.
I used ultimate mapchooser on my servers for a long time. And I really enjoyed valve-style endmap votes. I used builtinvotes plugin (from first page of this thread) for it.
Is it possible to use valve votes now? I saw a nativevotes.smx here on forum but can't configure it to work properly. Can somebody help?
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-28-2013 , 13:53   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3557

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofigenski View Post
Hi
First of all, thanks for your work, you're doing it great.
I used ultimate mapchooser on my servers for a long time. And I really enjoyed valve-style endmap votes. I used builtinvotes plugin (from first page of this thread) for it.
Is it possible to use valve votes now? I saw a nativevotes.smx here on forum but can't configure it to work properly. Can somebody help?
NativeVotes is supported on UMC via the umc-nativevotes.smx plugin.

Having said that, it likely only works on TF2 at the moment, because Valve changed the CS:GO end of map vote NativeVotes uses in a recent update, and I have yet to figure out what exactly they changed.

Last edited by Powerlord; 03-28-2013 at 13:56.
Neh
Old 03-28-2013 , 22:15   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3558

Quote:
If you're setting End of Map Votes to change at the end of the map, it should not force a change after 5 seconds but rather wait for the map to complete normally. If this is definitely not the case for you, I will need to see this happening in your logs.
I tried it several times. However, I did notice that you made mention of the randomcycle module interfering with the endvote module in some ways. I'll try disabling that and then I'll try turning on verbose logging, since I'm not seeing any messages from UMC in my logs at all.

Edit: Yeah. Disabling the randomcycle module fixed the issue.

Quote:
I was asking for clarification, I hadn't actually experienced an issue yet. Sorry if I made it sound like I had... I plan to block the first 3 slots and have 5 regular groups, plus one set aside for nominations from a reserved group, in tiered voting format, but I haven't finished my mapcycle files yet.

One thing I am having an issue with is the {NOMINATED} display template. Is it supposed to show up for every map in the group, or only ones that have actually been nominated? When I used it, all maps in the group were marked with it, which I thought was odd.

Here's a list of the modules I have on right now, though I will disable rockthevote when it goes live on our main server. We also haven't fully decided whether to use nativevotes or not.
Spoiler

Last edited by Neh; 03-29-2013 at 03:03.
Mr. Neutral
Old 03-30-2013 , 14:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3559

Would it be possible to map the maps loop?

Ive been useing the rtv votes for my trade server and i like it but it wont let them vote if the map has been played once already, is there any way to allow them to vote again?
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-30-2013 , 21:49   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3560

sm_umc_rtv_mapexclude 0