Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Stop that Tank!

Post New Thread Reply   

pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-25-2015 , 17:00   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #51

Missed some things while updating the gamedata.

An update is required for both windows and linux. Replace tank.txt with this and restart!
Old 09-26-2015 , 11:57   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #52

I loaded STT on pl_angkor_rc1 (community map) and the server stopped responding once I joined the BLU team. It didn't crash or anything, but the CPU usage shot to 100%, the console was unresponsive, and all the clients lost connection. I had to manually restart the server. When the plugin is not loaded the map works perfectly fine.

To clarify, it only happens once I join the BLU team. I believe this is also when the plugin tries to replace the payload cart with the tank, so it might be around that time when the server craps out.

Gamedata is up to date and I'm running the latest version of the plugin. The plugin worked on badwater, thundermountain, pl_alpine_forest, pl_rust, and pl_snowycoast (latter 3 being community) but not on this map. Judging by the CPU usage it looks like there might be some loop that isn't getting killed or possibly infinite recursion. My best guess is the plugin is having trouble finding the initial point to spawn the tank on.

I hope that if this bug gets fixed it will also fix server crashes on other community payload maps as well.

EDIT:

The team I join in doesn't matter. It still crashes anyway. I added -condebug and recompiled the plugin with "#define DEBUG" uncommented. My launch parameters for this test was:

PHP Code:
tf2\srcds.exe -console -game tf +sv_pure 1 +map pl_angkor +maxplayers 24 -condebug -port 27018 
I have attached my console.log from this session, a screenshot of the game right when the server stopped responding (notice the "lost connection" message at the top right), and included my sm plugins/exts list. They are all in the zip file (the screenshot is too big to upload to AlliedModders). If there is any other information you want me to find, let me know.

Thanks again for your awesome work!
Attached Files
File Type: zip pl_angkor crash.zip (279.5 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by Potato Uno; 09-26-2015 at 12:47.
Oshizu
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2015 , 13:34   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
Only 10 servers run this plugin? Me sadface.

Spoiler
I had STT Server setup but sadly it crashed once every few hours, so i've decided to take it down
Might be worth re-opening if plugin issues has been fixed though...
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2015 , 14:02   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshizu View Post
I had STT Server setup but sadly it crashed once every few hours, so i've decided to take it down
Might be worth re-opening if plugin issues has been fixed though...
Well we can't expect linux lover to have plugin issues fixed if we never tell him what the aforementioned issues are, can we?

At least I hope each bug squashed fixes several server crashes.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2015 , 15:17   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #55

I'm seeing the server lockup on angkor as well, I'll have a look and try to fix it in the next version.
Old 09-26-2015 , 22:59   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #56

Hate to piss you off again but the server crashed again. This time it will be hard to reproduce. I will have the console log attached shortly.

EDIT: Attached below is the console.log (inside the .zip file) and a chat I had with some of the players right after the server crashed. We jotted down what happened right before the crash, just in case any of it gives you a clue on what might have caused it. I don't have any other information other than this though.

The console.log has everything since the angkor crash test to the second crash, and I left "#define DEBUG" uncommented so the console printout spam was huge.

The server was running pl_swiftwater when it crashed. It was NOT running the map from the workshop (it was from fastdl).

EDIT 2: I want to note that the BLU team won swiftwater twice (at least once for sure) successfully with no errors. Two games were completed. The third game is what caused the server to crash. That being said, unlike angkor I doubt this is caused by the map. (Check the console log for more info I guess.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip console.zip (58.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: txt server crash info chat.txt (2.1 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by Potato Uno; 09-27-2015 at 00:08.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-02-2015 , 02:50   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #57

The Oct. 1 TF2 update broke the gamedata related to uber effects. You will need update the two files: tank.smx and tank.txt from here and restart your server.
Old 10-15-2015 , 23:13   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #58

Today's update broke the windows gamedata but it was good timing because we have a minor update ready - 1.4.1. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix those map issues you brought up Potato. Next time!
  • Grab the new version from GitHub.
  • Drag and drop addons/sourcemod/configs, plugins, and gamedata folders onto your server.
  • Restart your server for the new gamedata to take effect.
Old 10-29-2015 , 02:33   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #59

Today's update broke some gamedata. Info to get it back up and running again can be found here.
Old 11-28-2015 , 21:15   Re: [TF2] Stop that Tank!
Reply With Quote #60

Major update released v1.5. See complete list of changes and download on Github.

@Potato Uno
I looked into pl_angkor and liked it enough to add official support. The crash was not the plugin's fault per se. There's a bug in CTFTankBoss::Spawn which I did a little write up on. pl_angkor has a few problems unrelated to stt: The gimmick control points break if two players from different teams stand on them at the same time. The lift on stage 3 acts strange but works most of the time. (Seems the mapper realized this and teleports the cart when the lift reaches the top.) Some of the control points have weird team_icons (can't change those) and the final control point has capping sounds enabled. It definitely needs some polishing but it fits in very well with this mod.

Last edited by pheadxdll; 11-28-2015 at 21:19.