Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?

Post New Thread Reply   

shauli
Old 08-09-2018 , 14:24   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
It's easy, use the 1.8.2 includes.

Like Arkshine said previously the headers differ which unfortunately means you can't just replace it using a #define.
This won't work?
In amxmodx.inc:
PHP Code:
#define client_disconnect(%1) client_disconnected(%1, bool:drop, message[], maxlen)

//#pragma deprecated Use client_disconnected() instead.
//forward client_disconnect(id); 
BTW from what I remember, client_disconnected didn't work properly for me when I used fake clients created by the plugins, but i'm pretty sure this bug is already fixed.
Ghosted
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2018 , 14:35   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauli View Post
This won't work?
In amxmodx.inc:
PHP Code:
#define client_disconnect(%1) client_disconnected(%1, bool:drop, message[], maxlen)

//#pragma deprecated Use client_disconnected() instead.
//forward client_disconnect(id); 
BTW from what I remember, client_disconnected didn't work properly for me when I used fake clients created by the plugins, but i'm pretty sure this bug is already fixed.
just comment only pragma and it wont show it as deprecated but if you want use client_disconnected then theres no needed to transform disconnect to disconnected by #define, just edit your code cause it still will require code recompilation;

[MOD] CS Weapon Mod V1.7.1
[MM] MetaMod-C V1.0
[MOD] CS NPC Mod (5%)

Probably Left AM
PurposeLessx
Old 08-09-2018 , 15:38   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #13

As Developers say,
Quote:
This function has been deprecated, do NOT use it
Reason: This function does not catch all cases.
Why do you still use client_disconnect? Afaik and test, client_disconnected works perfect.
Do not need define client_disconnect to client_disconnected. Use it directly.
{
    if(
get_user_iq(id) < 80)
    {

server_cmd("kick #%d 'You have kicked from the server because your IQ is not high enough'"get_user_userid(id));
    }

Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-09-2018 , 17:53   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
Sorry for the accusations. If compatibility is not broken it is at least as good as 1.8.2, which is fine.
I know you are working hard to keep this project alive. Keep on keeping on.
AMXX will be always backward compatible. It's because this way it's popular and it's working fairly well.
Next version has a lot of changes, it may be possible that it includes some unforeseen behavior changes, but usually if reported it's fixed right away.
Old 08-10-2018 , 11:35   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurposeLessx View Post
As Developers say,

Why do you still use client_disconnect? Afaik and test, client_disconnected works perfect.
Do not need define client_disconnect to client_disconnected. Use it directly.
https://www.amxmodx.org/newstats.php...d=0&addon_id=1
All code I write should be compiling from this website and still work 100% on both 1.8.2 AND 1.8.3 even with 1.8.3 specific features as long as they are not required for the core function of the plugin.

If disconnect() was replaced with the new code it would require no action and not even a recompilation.
Now both version have to be hooked and also double execution has to be prevented by the plugin author to ensure compatibility between 1.8.2 and 1.8.3.

Spoiler

Last edited by Black Rose; 08-10-2018 at 12:26.
CrAzY MaN
Old 08-10-2018 , 12:36   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #16

+1 @Black Rose
I feel like @Black Rose is correct.
Old 08-14-2018 , 02:13   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #17

I am using the newest AMX version, but there is no client_disconnected method at all. client_disconnected method is not included in amxmodx.inc. at this moment i use client_disconnect in my plugin, it is also not called on mapchange for me, but my problem is that i need to know disconnection reason.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 08-14-2018 , 05:04   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adska View Post
I am using the newest AMX version, but there is no client_disconnected method at all. client_disconnected method is not included in amxmodx.inc. at this moment i use client_disconnect in my plugin, it is also not called on mapchange for me, but my problem is that i need to know disconnection reason.
You need to use the beta version if you want client_disconnected(1.8.3): https://www.amxmodx.org/snapshots.php
For 1.8.2 you can use orpheu if you need to know the disconnect reason.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 08-14-2018 at 05:05.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2018 , 21:15   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #19

In most case, you won't need the new version. I don't ever plan to use it (especially since 1.8.3 will never be released).

Last edited by fysiks; 08-14-2018 at 21:16.
Ghosted
Veteran Member
Old 08-15-2018 , 06:09   Re: [HELP] Difference between client_disconnect and client_disconnected?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
especially since 1.8.3 will never be released.
huh?

[MOD] CS Weapon Mod V1.7.1
[MM] MetaMod-C V1.0
[MOD] CS NPC Mod (5%)

Probably Left AM