Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Where to begin? LFD2, Team Manager.

Post New Thread Reply   

Gorasu
Old 07-08-2013 , 23:52   Where to begin? LFD2, Team Manager.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I'm new to Allied Modders, however I have been lurking for the past month or so. I have been looking at playing Left 4 Dead 2 cooperatively with 7 or 8 friends at a LAN, consequently some modification needs to be made to allow for this. I'm starting off with a fresh install of the game without any modification that would effect the working of these various tools.

I have come to the realization I'm in over my head, I've downloaded all of the plugins and tried over 30 different folder structures as per the instructions in the Team Manager 2.3.4.c and the respective required plugin threads, with no results. I would be willing to PayPal someone an agreed amount to simply have some assistance with configuring Left 4 Dead 2 to my requirements using these various modifications. I can't find any guides that aren't more than 4 years old thus outdated and redundant.

I really need just a basic guide of where I should begin. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Regards
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2013 , 01:04   Re: Where to begin? LFD2, Team Manager.
Reply With Quote #2

A few more infos about your environment could help. I probably can't help you much since we don't run our L4D2 with SM.
Are you trying to install this to a listen server or a dedicated server? Win/Linux? Is MM working? Is SM working? Do you know that SM is currently broken on L4D2? (someone correct me if this has been patched)

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
Gorasu
Old 07-09-2013 , 03:04   Re: Where to begin? LFD2, Team Manager.
Reply With Quote #3

Hey, I appreciate the response. We are running Windows 7 Ultimate 64. I am just creating the game through console so I assume its listen, I'm not entirely sure how to host dedicated. When I input the command "sm version" it responds with unknown command. Any plugin or addon that allows more than 4 players to join a cooperative match would be more than suitable if this particular compilation has outdated facets.
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-09-2013 , 03:53   Re: Where to begin? LFD2, Team Manager.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
A listen server is the server you host when using the in-game "create server" feature. NOTE: as of recent, SourceMod cannot run on a listen server by default. It is not recommended to use a listen server.
http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installin...d_%28simple%29

Here is some info on how to install the dedicated server:
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

But then again it may be broken because of the last update:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219780

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de