Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)

Post New Thread Reply   

micmacx
Old 01-18-2024 , 10:41   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #11

Hi,
I made a small plugin that puts bots as spectators if they have not traveled a distance greater than 10 in 15s after spawning.

Edit : updated, see my next post...

Last edited by micmacx; 01-19-2024 at 20:11.
INsane_dod
Old 01-19-2024 , 17:39   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmacx View Post
Hi,
I made a small plugin that puts bots as spectators if they have not traveled a distance greater than 10 in 15s after spawning.
Does this require other TeamManager plugins to be active?

I tried it on its own with a 32 player (lan) server (sourcemod working and RCBot2 latest installed) with this in a mapname.cfg to knock out all snipers, MG and rocket...

Code:
// Allies Class Restrictions
mp_limit_allies_rifleman "-1"
mp_limit_allies_assault  "-1"
mp_limit_allies_support "-1"
mp_limit_allies_sniper "0"
mp_limit_allies_mg "0"
mp_limit_allies_rocket "0"

// Axis Class Restrictions 
mp_limit_axis_rifleman "-1"
mp_limit_axis_assault  "-1"
mp_limit_axis_support "-1"
mp_limit_axis_sniper "0"
mp_limit_axis_mg "0"
mp_limit_axis_rocket "0"
The result was still lots of spam messages still, but less, around 90% of bots stuck in spawn constantly.
micmacx
Old 01-19-2024 , 18:56   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #13

Hi,
How many bot profiles do you have???
If I remember correctly, you only have 32, you have to put a lot more because I think that Rcbot2 changes bots as soon as a bot is put on spectator but if it cannot select other bots, that is problematic. ;-)

Edit :
I did a test on my server by putting 30 bots, it didn't work by putting the bots as spectators, we have to kick them so I modified the plugin.
Before the update, around 50% of bots were stuck.
After the update I did a new test and all the bots are moving, at the start of the map there are quite a few kicks then it is regulated, there are almost 100% of the bots working.

Try with my bots profiles.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (dod_anticamp_bots.sp - 35 views - 1.6 KB)
File Type: zip profilesbots.zip (124.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by micmacx; 01-19-2024 at 20:36.
INsane_dod
Old 01-20-2024 , 22:22   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Hi,
How many bot profiles do you have???
I have many sets 90 with no class was in my first set.

Quote:
Edit :
I did a test on my server by putting 30 bots, it didn't work by putting the bots as spectators, we have to kick them so I modified the plugin.
Before the update, around 50% of bots were stuck.
After the update I did a new test and all the bots are moving, at the start of the map there are quite a few kicks then it is regulated, there are almost 100% of the bots working.

Try with my bots profiles.
This one worked!

Using the latest stable MetaMod and SourceMod for windows
Latest RCBot2
Dedicated server but on my home network...a really low spec dell mini PC.
32 player server... 30 bots plus myself only.

The only errors were the normal ones....
Code:
Tying to add too many axis respawn waves
Trying to add too many allies respawn waves
That spammed the server for about 3 seconds (at the first startup) and after that... the errors stopped.

I'll test some more but this is a great addon to compliment the rest of the set in the first post.

Well done I'll test some more as I add other plugins but so far, looks good to me.

Last edited by INsane_dod; 01-20-2024 at 22:28.
DNA.styx
Old 01-21-2024 , 14:47   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Hi,
You're a good player, i play with you in french servers. ;-)
Thank you for this information, I hadn't really paid attention, I also use Rcbot2 in version 1.3, I thought it was simply a bug in Rcbot2, I had modified an AFK management plugin so that it Automatically kick bots detected as AFK.
Salut micmacx! It is you! Yes, I've seen your name on a couple of FR servers I frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INsane_dod View Post
It's the RCBot2 (metamod:source) plugin and the way it fills a server.
It does not play well with the standard dod class limit commands.
A lot of the Sourcemod plugins that deal with class restrictions use those commands.

There are workarounds as micmacx showed you, I have some as well that give you a standard set amount and classes for every map on the server. You just manually edit the bot profiles and set "rcbot_change_classes 0" in config.ini .
Thanks INsane. Glad you guys have got to the bottom of the issue/work arounds. For me it was just a bug report. I'm happy to use the .ini profiles to set the bot's classes (in an attempt to give some distinct name/personalities/skill levels/etc)
Old 01-23-2024 , 19:52   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA.styx View Post
Salut micmacx! It is you! Yes, I've seen your name on a couple of FR servers I frequent.
Hi, no, I'm not playing with this username, my username ingame is "Boulet", and i'm playing with other username (changing all days) and steamid with Familyshare, because many French players are toxic, not all, but some players do not accept their age and their reflexes which are slower. ;-)
I'm not very young anymore, almost half a century, but that's still okay. ;-)

Perhaps you see this username because my plugin : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2801125 Create a bot with this username. ;-)

In the past, between 2006-2009, i'm playing with this username in ESL and i'm coding EventScript plugin.
Old 01-31-2024 , 17:18   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Hi, no, I'm not playing with this username, my username ingame is "Boulet"...
Ahh, from the lesgalloromains server perhaps?
Quote:
....I'm not very young anymore, almost half a century, but that's still okay. ;-)
You and me both.

Quote:
Perhaps you see this username because my plugin : https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2801125 Create a bot with this username. ;-)
Ahh, yes I use that plugin. Very useful.

Back to this thread's topic. Just notice that despite setting dod_tms_hpkkickminpl to 4 folks are getting kicked for high ping when there is just two people (and eight bots) on the server. Not worth trying to fix if no one else has noticed, but I thought I would mention it.
Old 02-22-2024 , 03:01   Re: [DoD:S] TeamManager Source v1.22 + ADDONS! (Multi-Language)
Reply With Quote #18

I understood why some people seemed totally confused by RCBOT2.

I am not posting to complain about anything but simply to give feedback in order to help other people who will be faced with the same problem.

Robot2 WEIRD :
Finally I will stay on Rcbot2 version 1.3, I explain why.

Yesterday I completely reinstalled my server using LinuxGSM, I put my plugins back the same and nothing works, server crash.
I update everything, sourcemod, metamod and the same.
I update Rcbot2, the same.
I remove LinuxGSM, use SRCDS to install putting the latest sourcemod, metamod and Rcbot2, same.
Maybe it works with LinuxGSM I didn't have time to test, maybe I will do it today... to be continued...
Edit : No, it's totally unstable under LinuxGSM, you need to install the official version of SRCDS.
I put it back the same as before, same thing.

Then when I looked in an old backup, I understood that the Cvars played a very strange role.

You need to change the Cvars :
rcbot bot_quota interval -1
rcbotd config min_bots 0
rcbotd config max_bots 0

Start the server, connect to it, disconnect, stop the server, change the cvars :

rcbot bot_quota interval 1
# rcbotd config min_bots 0
# rcbotd config max_bots 0

Yes, the 2 last cvar are disabled.

This requires the plugin that kicks inactive bots, and sourcemod v1.11.0.6502 and metamod v1.11-dev + 1144V version like in my server: 82.65.74.77:27015
Maybe it works with the latest versions, but I haven't had time to test.
Edit : Yes it work with lastest sourcemod and metamod and Rcbot2 1.3 (Rcbot2 1.51 too, see edit part at the end of this post. ;-) ).

And it works very well without any crashes due to bots.

Why does it work well like that?
Why do the latest versions no longer work with botquota?
I don't have the answer, but I'm just explaining my experience.

WEIRD, WEIRD, WEIRD...

I would like to point out that with the new versions of RCBOT2 my server is unstable and crashes after a maximum of 5 minutes of play with a plugin for class restriction, while this way my server has already worked for years...

Edit : Ok, I understand why server crash with rcbot2 1.51 :
When you put cvar rcbot bot_quota interval 1 :
  1. You must stop server.
  2. Change all 3 cvars to :
    rcbot bot_quota interval -1
    rcbotd config min_bots 0
    rcbotd config max_bots 0
  3. Start server and adjust rcbotd config max_bots and restart server.

Without doing this, server crash regulary.

Edit 2 :
It's not finished yet, another weird thing, with Rcbot2 1.51 when we put the cvar on a small value: rcbotd config max_bots 3
The server crashes again for no reason.
I wanted to see how to change this cvar via a sourcemod plugin, but ultimately it's useless since the Rcbot2 1.51 plugin is simply not stable.

Personally I will stay with the Rcbot2 1.3 version which is the most stable in my opinion.

Last edited by micmacx; 02-25-2024 at 18:31.