Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin to communicate with forum

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2013 , 13:16   Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #1

Hi it would be great if someone knows and would do a plugin that will take players in-game reports and post them as a specific forum user much like they do on skial forums. We run a mybb forum and dont know if it would be any different from more popular boards like vbulletin and xenforum but if you can make it for mybb forum and other free forum softwares that would be beast mode.

an example of what im talking about is here http://www.skial.com/forums/reports.38/ 'Reporter' is the account that posts the in-game reports to the Reports thread in skial.

thanks
Blackglade
Old 03-13-2013 , 18:03   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #2

that be great for trade servers who are linked to the trade forums!
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 03-13-2013 , 19:38   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
Hi it would be great if someone knows and would do a plugin that will take players in-game reports and post them as a specific forum user much like they do on skial forums. We run a mybb forum and dont know if it would be any different from more popular boards like vbulletin and xenforum but if you can make it for mybb forum and other free forum softwares that would be beast mode.

an example of what im talking about is here http://www.skial.com/forums/reports.38/ 'Reporter' is the account that posts the in-game reports to the Reports thread in skial.

thanks
These things are easy to outsource and don't rely on any extra plugin to accomplish. All you have to do is link a command to a report-like feature (form or otherwise).
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2013 , 10:20   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
These things are easy to outsource and don't rely on any extra plugin to accomplish. All you have to do is link a command to a report-like feature (form or otherwise).
i dont understand. are you saying i can do this with existing plugins or something?
nineteeneleven
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2013 , 10:24   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #5

Source irc is great for tickets
Old 03-14-2013 , 10:24   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
i dont understand. are you saying i can do this with existing plugins or something?
Are you looking for someone to do the php side of it to?

You might even be able to edit the mysql directly but I think it would be better to have the game server send to a php script that handles the report and modifies the sql table.

Just my 2 cents.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2013 , 11:39   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteeneleven View Post
Source irc is great for tickets
but source irc doesn't keep record of submitted requests and it would require me to idle an irc server. i would much rather have the system i've described since it keeps track via forum posts of reported players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
Are you looking for someone to do the php side of it to?

You might even be able to edit the mysql directly but I think it would be better to have the game server send to a php script that handles the report and modifies the sql table.

Just my 2 cents.
i didn't know there was a php side of it
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-14-2013 , 12:04   Re: Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
but source irc doesn't keep record of submitted requests and it would require me to idle an irc server. i would much rather have the system i've described since it keeps track via forum posts of reported players

i didn't know there was a php side of it
I'm not sure if a plugin could directly alter the my sql table. I mean it could given the user and pass just not sure if that's the best method.

Someone that knows sockets could use that to listen for the report and then alter the table.

I'm not sure which methodwould work better. But the scripter would need to know what forum software you use. They also would need to know what table gets altered when you submit a post. So they can mimic that
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-14-2013 , 12:20   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #9

They can, Doc-Holiday. You just have to add the necessary information into databases.cfg to connect to the table, then any MySQL action can be issued if formatted properly.
Old 03-14-2013 , 12:50   Re: Plugin to communicate with forum
Reply With Quote #10

I use mybb forums but something like this would be good for all kinds of popular forums i believe.