Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

EdGe511
Old 02-28-2015 , 14:55   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #81

but some maps are not working idk why
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2015 , 14:56   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGe511 View Post
but some maps are not working idk why
Oh oh ok, I'll check it out, maybe the spawners have different names or something. I'll try it out the map you gave me.
EdGe511
Old 02-28-2015 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #83

ok look http://pastebin.com/dh1ZFGqS
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2015 , 15:13   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGe511 View Post
like tfdb_lob_space
This plugin was made for arena-like maps, there is respawn on this map and it's not arena mode.

There are a couple of maps that I removed from my server. If you wan to use them like normal tfdb_maps you would have to add the arena logic entity with sourcemod:stripper.

Just as a reminder, here is the new version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...6&postcount=57

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-01-2015 at 13:14.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2015 , 21:55   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #85

Question: Why data? Why not put the configs in, oh I don't know, configs

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2015 , 22:15   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Question: Why data? Why not put the configs in, oh I don't know, configs
There are three main reasons:
1. The Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin uses that folder (config/dodgeball/) and I don't want to have problems with that.
2. Powerlord's prophunt redux use data/ too, and I think that it's because of number 3.
3. I use the same path for my deathrun plugin, the thing is that there are stuff for that plugin (that I didn't add yet) like map's time, custom "zones" with checkpoints, etc that are meant to be saved once because you won't edit them normally, on the data folder.
For dodgeball I'm planning on add a optional section for every tfdb_map.cfg where I can define a wall to apply on every map that doesn't have it.
And in both cases, I don't want to have one folder for configs and another for data.

I'm not sure if those sound like good reasons for you, if people are upset about that, maybe I'll change it, sorry :/

Edit: new version!
Added new value "LimitRockets" on the spawner, it will limit the maximum number of rockets to the number of players on the team with less people alive.
Added value "uselight" on every color of the multicolor config to disable the light.
Now the plugins uses entity references (more secure)
Added and fixed some checks
Attached Files
File Type: zip dodgeball.zip (65.7 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-04-2015 at 22:33.
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2015 , 22:42   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
There are three main reasons:
1. The Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin uses that folder (config/dodgeball/) and I don't want to have problems with that.
2. Powerlord's prophunt redux use data/ too, and I think that it's because of number 3.
3. I use the same path for my deathrun plugin, the thing is that there are stuff for that plugin (that I didn't add yet) like map's time, custom "zones" with checkpoints, etc that are meant to be saved once because you won't edit them normally, on the data folder.
For dodgeball I'm planning on add a optional section for every tfdb_map.cfg where I can define a wall to apply on every map that doesn't have it.
And in both cases, I don't want to have one folder for configs and another for data.
1: Don't use the dodgeball folder entirely, or just have it suffixed with _redux

3: It's a matter of convenience and preference really, yes the data will be static, but configs that can be changed will be changed
It's convenient to have configs that will be changed in configs, or generated in cfg/sourcemod, you don't have to, but it's a suggestion

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it

Last edited by xXDeathreusXx; 03-04-2015 at 22:42.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2015 , 15:07   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #88

New beta version:

*Fixed the explosions not being triggered correctly.
*Fixed a bug with the beep timer.
*Fixed more stuff with entity references.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dodgeball.zip (66.0 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-05-2015 , 22:51   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #89

you should add a command to refresh the data if thats possible.
for changing it during the round.

Last edited by Sigara; 03-05-2015 at 22:51.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 00:32   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigara View Post
you should add a command to refresh the data if thats possible.
for changing it during the round.
It's really easy to do so, the only problem iis that I'm not sure if it's ok to precache models/sounds/materials in the middle of a map.

Also, sorry for being so informal and messy with these updates, I'm just fixing bugs and stuff until I got something really stable and without any bugs to post on the OP.