Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bauxe
Old 12-04-2012 , 22:21   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3271

Not sure why, but no extend is coming up at end of map vote. I believe all the cvar's are set correctly.

sm_umc_endvote_extends "2"
cool_myll
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-12-2012 , 08:09   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3272

Can i set F1 to no vote option? Cause a lot of people spamming F1. Or a setting for people who dont want to vote.
Old 12-17-2012 , 09:08   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3273

Hello!

I've installed this plugin but have some questions about. I'm new on managing a TF2 server also maybe I'm missing some concepts. Btw:
I've edited the umc_mapcycle.txt and now it looks like this:

Code:
"umc_rotation"
{
    "Attack & Defend"
    {        
        "maps_invote" "5"
        "next_mapgroup" "Payload"
        "cp_dustbowl"
        {
            "display"   "Dustbowl (Attack & Defend)"
            "weight"    "2"
        }
        "cp_gravelpit" {}
        "cp_steel" {}
        "cp_egypt_final" {}
        "cp_junction_final" {}
        "cp_gorge"
        {
                "display"       "Gorge (Attack & Defend)"
                "max_players"   "16"
        }
        "cp_degrootkeep" {}
        "cp_manor_event"
        {
                "display"       "Mann Manor (Attack & Defend)"
        }
        "cp_mountainlab" {}
    }

"Territorial Control"
    {
        "maps_invote" "1"
        "tc_hydro" {}
    }

"Arena"
    {
        "maps_invote" "2"
        "arena_nucleus" {}
        "arena_offblast_final" {}
        "arena_ravine" {}
        "arena_sawmill" {}
        "arena_watchtower" {}
        "arena_well" {}
    }
(...)
The maprotate contains every default map and every map is grouped into a group that corresponds to the map-game-type.

Based on the above:

1) It's correct that assuming the server starts with map "cp_dustbowl", the server will rotate only maps contained in "Attack & Defend" group? This until ad admin or a vote will change type.

2) Is there a way to print out the current maplist? I would expect a list that contains only maps from "Attack & Defend" group, not?

3) It's correct the "map_invote" command insert in every group is used to generate a mapvote list? In this case, assuming only these 3 groups I should see a list of 8 maps?

4) I've noticed that if I connect into my server that is executong a MvM map, if I force a change map trought "sm_admin" menu and using UMC Menu, it doesn't change map until there are at least a minimum players connected configured for a MvM round. If I execute "rcon map <mapname" the server crashed.... experiences?

5) I haven't understood what exactly are nominations. Even reading the doc, I'm missing the pupose of this concept. Maybe the lanuage doesn't help me so ;) Could you explain me for what I need nominations?

Thank's for the help

Simon
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-17-2012 , 10:38   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by xefil View Post
1) It's correct that assuming the server starts with map "cp_dustbowl", the server will rotate only maps contained in "Attack & Defend" group? This until ad admin or a vote will change type.
According to your umc_mapcycle.txt config, all Attack & Defend maps will switch to Payload on completion. If you'd like to modify that behavior, then change the "next_mapgroup" setting in Attack & Defend to the appropriate group (in this case, Attack & Defend). Note that this only applies to the Random Mapcycle module and does not apply to votes.

Quote:
2) Is there a way to print out the current maplist? I would expect a list that contains only maps from "Attack & Defend" group, not?
You can print out the entire UMC Mapcycle by using the sm_umc_displaymaplists command.

Quote:
3) It's correct the "map_invote" command insert in every group is used to generate a mapvote list? In this case, assuming only these 3 groups I should see a list of 8 maps?
That's correct, assuming there are enough maps available in each group after Map Exclusion occurs.

Quote:
4) I've noticed that if I connect into my server that is executong a MvM map, if I force a change map trought "sm_admin" menu and using UMC Menu, it doesn't change map until there are at least a minimum players connected configured for a MvM round. If I execute "rcon map <mapname" the server crashed.... experiences?
MvM currently doesn't work properly with UMC. I am currently searching for a way to fix this.

Quote:
5) I haven't understood what exactly are nominations. Even reading the doc, I'm missing the pupose of this concept. Maybe the lanuage doesn't help me so ;) Could you explain me for what I need nominations?
Nominations allow players to select maps they want to see appear in votes. So if a player nominated "cp_dustbowl," then cp_dustbowl will appear in the next UMC vote, whether it be an RTV or an End of Map vote.
Old 12-17-2012 , 11:45   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steell View Post
According to your umc_mapcycle.txt config, all Attack & Defend maps will switch to Payload on completion. If you'd like to modify that behavior, then change the "next_mapgroup" setting in Attack & Defend to the appropriate group (in this case, Attack & Defend). Note that this only applies to the Random Mapcycle module and does not apply to votes.
Ok, this means if I've the module loaded so should works?
Code:
"umc_rotation"
{
    "Attack & Defend"
    {        
        "maps_invote" "5"
        "next_mapgroup"  "Attack & Defend"
        "cp_dustbowl"
        {
            "display"   "Dustbowl (Attack & Defend)"
            "weight"    "2"
        }
        "cp_gravelpit" {}
        "cp_steel" {}
        "cp_egypt_final" {}
        "cp_junction_final" {}
        "cp_gorge"
        {
                "display"       "Gorge (Attack & Defend)"
                "max_players"   "16"
        }
        "cp_degrootkeep" {}
        "cp_manor_event"
        {
                "display"       "Mann Manor (Attack & Defend)"
        }
        "cp_mountainlab" {}
    }

"Territorial Control"
    {
        "maps_invote" "1"
        "tc_hydro" {}
    }
(...)
And I've loaded it:

Code:
  15 "[UMC] Random Cycle" (3.4.5) by Steell
So if I've correctly understood, this would cause to loop trought the "Attack & Defend" group until an admin or a voce forces the change... well!

Quote:
You can print out the entire UMC Mapcycle by using the sm_umc_displaymaplists command.
Ok, maybe 'cause the previous misunderstand, using this command I've always obtained the whole maplist and not only the "Attack & Defend" maps as expected. I'll try the next_mapgroup pointing to the same group.

Quote:
That's correct, assuming there are enough maps available in each group after Map Exclusion occurs.
OK!

Quote:
MvM currently doesn't work properly with UMC. I am currently searching for a way to fix this.
Ok, at least it's not me that I'm making something wrong.

Quote:
Nominations allow players to select maps they want to see appear in votes. So if a player nominated "cp_dustbowl," then cp_dustbowl will appear in the next UMC vote, whether it be an RTV or an End of Map vote.
Understood!

Well, thank's for the support. The plugin works great. I've only the issue with MvM. If all what I've now written is correct, I'll make some other tests.

Cheers,

Simon
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2012 , 17:58   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3276

We are still getting the bug where a tiered vote occurs with say 14 players, 1 leaves so it's 13, and the tier that wins which requires 14 players becomes invalid:

(freeze tag requires 14 players minumum, if it starts with 14, and 1 leaves during the vote, it does this)

L 12/16/2012 - 04:56:26: [umc-core.smx] MAPVOTE (Tiered): Players voted for map group 'Freeze Tag'
L 12/16/2012 - 04:56:26: [umc-core.smx] MAPVOTE (Tiered): Only one valid map found in group. Handling results as a Map Group Vote.
L 12/16/2012 - 04:56:26: [umc-core.smx] Setting nextmap to: Freeze Tag
L 12/16/2012 - 04:56:26: [umc-endvote.smx] End of map vote disabled.
L 12/16/2012 - 04:56:26: [umc-core.smx] MAPVOTE: Players voted for map group 'Freeze Tag' and the map 'Freeze Tag' was randomly selected.
L 12/16/2012 - 05:06:08: [umc-mapcommands.smx] SETUP: Executing map group pre-command: 'poni_download 0'
L 12/16/2012 - 05:06:21: [umc-core.smx] ---------------------MAP CHANGE: dm_lunar_a2---------------------

-> random picks a map and loads the freezetag game mode + config on this map.
Any way to work around this for now?
xefil
Old 12-20-2012 , 09:09   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3277

Quote:

Hello!

Do you have an idea when a version that supports MvM will be available?

About the crash, I was using 'rcon map <mapname>' instead of 'rcon changelevel <mapname>'. Using map command it's normal the server restarts

Thank you!

Simon
OrangePaw
Old 12-24-2012 , 18:58   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3278

Hello.

Thank you for putting together UMC.

I was reading various pages and I took a look over a googlecode but I can't seem to figure out how to make the amount of votes needed for something to pass to be greater than 50 percent of however many players are on the server.

Where/how can I set this -- we have votes passing where only 30 percent of the people want it.

Thank so much in advance, I hope you have a good holiday season all.
PlasteR
Old 12-27-2012 , 11:05   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3279

I have a problem with UMC for CSS .. I'm using 3.4.5 for CSGO UMC and there are no problems with CSS and fall when you change the server map.

The logs clean :/
Old 12-28-2012 , 12:59   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowicz View Post
@Steell
On my end vote, I have only (1-2 maps + extend) but I wanna FEW random maps from umc_mapcycle + this maps what people nominated. HELP !
Set "maps_invote" for each of your map groups in umc_mapcycle.txt