Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Galileo v5.9.1-925 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2018-07-16

Post New Thread Reply   

georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2016 , 10:24   Re: Galileo v3.2.4-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-10-28
Reply With Quote #381

It seems this version is currently full of problems, including critical ones.

May I know what problems Brad's version of the plugin had(mainly the server crashing ones) so that I could try to fix them or is there any already fixed version of it, without anything else added?

Thanks.
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2016 , 16:21   Re: Galileo v3.2.4-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-10-28
Reply With Quote #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgik57 View Post
There are only two problems which deserve attention.
  1. Vote shows only for one player
  2. Lag every time before vote countdown starts
The first I do not know anything about, try and see if you can reproduce.
The second is unconfirmed until analysis.

The rest are features requests, trivial stuff or probably reported by trollers/non-steamers.

Quote:
May I know what problems Brad's version of the plugin had(mainly the server crashing ones) so that I could try to fix them or is there any already fixed version of it, without anything else added?

Thanks.
Fix the plugin you like most. I do not know other version other than mime.
You can always download an older version of this plugin on this link:
  1. https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/releases
And here you may see what is changed on them. Use it to pick one:
  1. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=273019#Change
If you got problem with the latest, you may pick some older as the version `2016-04-09 | v2.6`.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Sadly, I do not have the time to review this right now. By the next week I should get into this. Your issue was updated within it: https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/issues/19
I engaged on another project, so I do not have time for fix next week. Only after 10 of December.

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 11-12-2016 at 07:03.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2016 , 06:43   Re: Galileo v3.2.4-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-10-28
Reply With Quote #383

Quote:
Now there is not critical ones anymore.

Released a new version: 2016-11-12 | v3.2.5-272
  1. Fixed the issue where the vote shows only for one player: Issues#26.
  2. Added support to map names ending with `.bsp` extension on the voting map list: Issue #21.

The issue #26 only applies to the cvar `gal_vote_showstatus` values 0, 1, and 2.
The servers using it as 3 do not need to update to this new version, unless they
want to use the cvar `gal_vote_showstatus ` as 0, 1 or 2.
Code:
// Indicates when the vote progress should be shown to a player. // A value of 0 disables this feature. // 0 - never (this disables the cvar 'gal_vote_expirationcountdown') // 1 - after player has voted // 2 - after the vote ends (this disables the cvar 'gal_vote_expirationcountdown') // 3 - always show the vote current progress gal_vote_showstatus 3

Last edited by addons_zz; 11-12-2016 at 06:47. Reason: misspelling
georgik57
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2016 , 03:31   Re: Galileo v3.2.4-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-10-28
Reply With Quote #384

Quote:
Now there is not critical ones anymore.

2. Added support to map names ending with `.bsp` extension on the voting map list: Issue #21.

The issue #26 only applies to the cvar `gal_vote_showstatus` values 0, 1, and 2.
The servers using it as 3 do not need to update to this new version, unless they
Code:
// Indicates when the vote progress should be shown to a player. // A value of 0 disables this feature. // 0 - never (this disables the cvar 'gal_vote_expirationcountdown') // 1 - after player has voted // 2 - after the vote ends (this disables the cvar 'gal_vote_expirationcountdown') // 3 - always show the vote current progress gal_vote_showstatus 3
Ok then, I might give it a shot. My main concerns are server crashes/hangs, which were happening pretty often on Brad's version. I can also help with the development of this plugin since I have a bit of more free time now. If you are interrested, add me on Steam(di57inct) or Skype(georgik57). Thank you for your hard work on this.
Veteran Member
Old 11-13-2016 , 16:28   Re: Galileo v3.2.4-248 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-10-28
Reply With Quote #385

Quote:
Ok then, I might give it a shot. My main concerns are server crashes/hangs, which were happening pretty often on Brad's version. I can also help with the development of this plugin since I have a bit of more free time now. Thank you for your hard work on this.
You are welcome. To start contributing to this plugin just:
  1. Learn how to use GitHub.
  2. Fork it on GitHub. See here how to fork on GitHub.
  3. Checkout on the `develop` branch.
  4. To read the Contributing Guidelines.
  5. To see the Issues List. The best way to start it is first fixing one trivial issue and to perform its pull request and to see how it goes.
  6. To see recent commits on: https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/commits/develop, as: https://github.com/addonszz/Galileo/commit/f386a49c6e07f4a4d52375a0a1d3607734e5f60d.
  7. To open and to comment on issues at the Issues List.
  8. And to perform pull requests.

There is not too much work to do on this plugin compared with the past, except the major architecture change which will require the issue:
  1. Lag every time before vote countdown starts Issue#19
Both the Brad's original version, as mime are loading the map file when the voting starts, and as reported on the issue, it seens to be this the problem. If so, I could just to do some Jedi Tricks' and load the maps on the server start. But I saw something strange on the logs, however even with it, it seems necessary to move the maps loading to the server start.

Quote:

Sorry for yesterday, I was wrong and the issue was not fixed. Now I release again a new version 2016-11-13 | v3.2.6-274
  1. Finally fixed the issue where the vote shows only for one player: Issues#26.

Last edited by addons_zz; 11-13-2016 at 17:07. Reason: update
silsfocs
Old 11-17-2016 , 14:59   Re: Galileo v3.2.6-274 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-11-13
Reply With Quote #386

One thing that i notice is that your galileo don't change the nextmap in that message like when somebody enters the server:
Timelimit: XX:XX minutes Nextmap: [not voted yet]
it's just put the nextmap map of mapcycle
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 11-17-2016 , 18:41   Re: Galileo v3.2.6-274 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-11-13
Reply With Quote #387

Thanks for reporting, this issue seems to be firstly reported on 29 set, Issue#9 Time Left: 199 min. Next Map: de_dust2002, instead of "Next Map: [not yet voted on]".
Over December when I got more free time, should be released a new version fixing it and others.
You may see the Issues List, for the current problems and future/new features to be implemented.
Keep posting if you notice more problems or missing features.

kiarfuzzy
Old 11-20-2016 , 15:44   Re: Galileo v3.2.6-274 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-11-13
Reply With Quote #388

I noticed another problem, sometimes after the map is extended a few times, the rtv won't work anymore, it says I must wait "x" minutes until I can rtv, sometimes more then the default mp_timelimit.
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 11-20-2016 , 16:42   Re: Galileo v3.2.6-274 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-11-13
Reply With Quote #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiarfuzzy View Post
I noticed another problem, sometimes after the map is extended a few times, the rtv won't work anymore, it says I must wait "x" minutes until I can rtv, sometimes more then the default mp_timelimit.
When the map is extended, the `rtv` could down is reset to `mp_timelimit` + the cvar `gal_rtv_wait`.

This is the responsible code. I just noticed now some trouble for the maps using `mp_maxrounds` or `mp_winlimit`. So, I just fixed it for the next plugin version release.
Code:
    // reset the "rtv wait" time, taking into consideration the map extension     if( g_rtvWaitMinutes )     {         g_rtvWaitMinutes += get_pcvar_float( cvar_mp_timelimit );         g_rtvWaitRounds  += get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_maxrounds );         g_rtvWaitFrags   += get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_fraglimit );     }
-->
Code:
    // reset the "rtv wait" time, taking into consideration the map extension     if( g_rtvWaitMinutes )     {         g_rtvWaitMinutes += get_pcvar_float( cvar_mp_timelimit );     }     if( g_rtvWaitRounds )     {         g_rtvWaitRounds += get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_maxrounds );     }     if( g_rtvWaitFrags )     {         g_rtvWaitFrags += get_pcvar_num( cvar_mp_fraglimit );     }

So for the RTV to work you need to set it less than the cvar `amx_extendmap_step`. Something like:
Code:
mp_timelimit 20 amx_extendmap_step 15 gal_rtv_wait 5

Then after the map extend, you could do RTV again after the time `mp_timelimit` + `gal_rtv_wait `. On this example, it would be `20+5=25` minutes you can to call RTV again.
This is the same behavior as on the original `Galileo` from Brad. Currently there is no way to disable it, unless to set the cvar `gal_rtv_wait ` to 0. This way you can always to perform `RTV`, even after the map to be extended.

This correctly answer your report or are you experiencing some behavior not mentioned?
Note that at the second time the map is extended, the rule `mp_timelimit` + `gal_rtv_wait ` still working as the time limit is temporarily set to `mp_timelimit + amx_extendmap_step`.

kiarfuzzy
Old 11-21-2016 , 11:25   Re: Galileo v3.2.6-274 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2016-11-13
Reply With Quote #390

It's a kreedz servers for me, so everithing related to `mp_maxrounds` and `mp_winlimit` are set to 0.
Other settings are:
mp_timelimit 20
amx_extendmap_step 15
gal_rtv_wait 1

Gonna try with gal_rtv_wait 0 and see if it helps.

Also is there an option to disable the countdown text before vote is displayed? Checked all cvars twice and couldn't find anything related.