Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 09-14-2008 , 21:27   SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

I am pleased to announce that SourceMod 1.0.4 has been released. It is a bug fix release only. All plugins and extensions remain backwards compatible.

You can get it on the downloads page. Click here for release notes.

The next order of business is bl4nk has joined the development team. Welcome, bl4nk!

SourceMod 1.0.4 is tentatively the last release in the 1.0 series. The snapshot page will now only provide 1.1 snapshots, and we're hoping a 1.1 release is coming soon. A huge amount of work has gone into the 1.1 branch over the past two months. It's beta quality and I encourage people to try it out and give feedback.

This is also the last release using Subversion (version control system). We've fully switched over our development and automated build system to Mercurial. The new repositories live at http://hg.alliedmods.net/. Metamod:Source will be moved shortly as well. We've written a Mercurial tutorial for anyone interested. For users who have wanted RSS feeds of the changelog: you now have them.

Lastly, for bugs.alliedmods.net, we've dropped Flyspray in favor of Bugzilla. For the most part there is no major difference for end-users, except that you must log in with your forum e-mail address rather than your user account. You can change the e-mail address once you log in (note: it is publicly displayed, just like Flyspray).

If you have any problems getting the source code from Mercurial, or logging into or using Bugzilla, please post in this thread (or file a bug report).

Special thanks to Damaged Soul for spending quality time on the Mercurial migration, and sorting out the branch/tagging mess that Subversion helped us create. I don't think it would have come out as nicely as it did without him.

Note: Mercurial has a very different concept for revision numbers. Unfortunately this means the numbers are inconsistent with Subversion, so the snapshots have 'hg' in them to help avoid confusion.

Update: I've written a short blog post explaining why we made these migrations.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 09-14-2008 at 21:59.
CrimsonGT
Veteran Member
Old 09-14-2008 , 21:32   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Grats bl4nk!
pRED*
Old 09-14-2008 , 21:35   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Don't forget to thank bail for the massive amount of work with both transitions and this release!

Pirate ^^
curlefry
Old 09-14-2008 , 22:09   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Good job to the dev team! Thanks! Grats bl4nk...you're official now !
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-14-2008 , 23:43   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Thanks, all.
MoD
Old 09-15-2008 , 00:24   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Great stuff!
LocutusH
Old 09-15-2008 , 09:59   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Um... i just hope, you are not going to switch the forum engine in the way you did with the svn and bug reports
I am personally totally confused by them. They may be good for you, but i think the old versions were far more easy to read/use by the public.

Whatever. Congratulations to the 1.0.4, and the new staff member
Old 09-15-2008 , 12:56   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Thanks for making the next stable release of SM. I must be blind on how to get it though. From the link for the download page, 5 sites are shown to obtain 1.0.4.zip: http://www.sourcemod.net/dl.php?file...emod-1.0.4.zip

however, I can't find on any of those 5 sites the actual download link. Some of them show SM 1.0.0. Does 1.0.4 materialize when you make an account and register???

Thanks to whomever points out my eye seeing problem.
marrr
Old 09-15-2008 , 13:03   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

you have to click to the right of the image.
http://www.sourcemod.net/dl.php?file_id=558&mirror_id=5
BAILOPAN
Old 09-15-2008 , 22:58   Re: SourceMod 1.0.4 Released, Other News

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocutusH View Post
I am personally totally confused by them.
I imagine this is the "it's different and therefore confusing" effect. Arguably there are some UI problems in HgWeb but they only really matter for developers who need to view the merge graph or diff merges. The Hg shortlog is a decent window into the recent development history for most people.

The biggest complaint I've heard is not being able to see a big colourful list of all the bug reports. Well, that list was never really very helpful, and it made us focus too much on getting the bug count down just for the sake of counting. The Bugzilla way is to perform search queries and save them (for example, "all SourceMod blockers"). This forces proper and earlier triaging.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 09-15-2008 at 23:01.
Closed Thread