Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]

Post New Thread Reply   

Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2015 , 19:43   [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #1

Spanish translation (my native language)
Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English translation (sorry for possible bad english):

Hello community,

For some time I have been thinking about doing a story mode for CS: GO (and maybe also CS:S) using SourceMod plugins.

The idea would be that the real players (no bots) are the protagonists in a coop mode while the bots would play the role of other characters (enemies, defend objectives, secondary characters, level bosses, etc).

It would also have dialogues that appear in chat as when a player writes "say his message" in the public chat following a script. It is also possible to use real voices included with the message chat but require voices recorded by voiceover actors

I have also some doubts when considering the plugin. Do not know if I should it like a static plugin (you may not be changed without having to edit the source code) or make a text file that contains all the screenplay (bot text messages, checkpoints, sequences of bots, the character models) for the average user with no knowledge of sourcepawn can alter the screenplay as he wants (but require more effort and may have things that could not be done).

Another question is whether to make the story mode is only active in X maps such that each map has its screenplay (something like l4d2) or make an elaborate story in chronological order where levels go changing as the story unfolds.

It would also be the possibility of dynamic stories where users have to make decisions that can affect the course of history but would be more complicated to make in technical level but not be a bad idea. To make the decision, an automatic vote appear on the server and the option with the most votes would be the choice to follow.

The stories could be almost anything and can use known game modes and maps such as:

-Mode Casual (A simple shootout between the bad boys and the protagonists)
-Rescate Hostage (Freeing a princess in distress)
-Zombiemod (The players must kill one zombie plague that has appeared)
-Jailbreak (The protagonists must escape from a prison where they were captured)
-Get powers that make you become a bird or raven (models of CS: S) and can fly
-Use some skills that were made to the plugin wcsource
-Launch Missiles for stop the enemies (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=986941)
-Wallwalking (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=612167)
-Get a hook to climb (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1839628)

It could be like a MULTIMOD server but following a story with different situations.

What I need for this to be the best possible quality would be people interested in this project that can provide any of the following:

-Coders: for make the sourcepawn plugins
-Screenwriters: Wanting to develop the history
-Voiceover actors: record his voice for use it in the story
-Actors: Wanting to interpret the movements that make the bots characters that remain stored and then used in story mode (using this plugin https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1527890)
-Mappers: for do the levels that the story will use
-Modellers: for do the models that the characters will use
-Sound-technicians: That will choose the sounds and music used in story mode providing the best possible sound atmosphere (like choosing music for battles as https://youtu.be/eFah8TCWOro or https://youtu.be/pz01CVHVM_0 or https://youtu.be/6RlSgnpLbro etc)
-Beta testers: they want be the first to test early versions of the story mode reporting errors.

Given all this, or at least part of it could make a great story mode for CS: GO and CS: S which never had (and probably never going to have) officially. Technically I think it is possible to make a good story mode using SourceMod but would require considerable effort and support from the community.

Currently people interested in the project are:
Spoiler

Please, post your opinion about this or if you want to help in this project

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Last edited by Franc1sco; 03-17-2015 at 23:26.
Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco
Renegated
Old 03-17-2015 , 19:55   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #2

Como ya te comente por Steam, yo podria clases distintas y que cada uno se haga lo que quiera y eleccion en la aventura, y que pase algo en funcion de lo que elijas.

En su momento quise hacer algo similar, pero me pudo la pereza, si la gente se apunta, yo ayudo xD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I told you via Steam, I would add diferent classes, so we can have variety in the game, for example necromancers, wizard, healers, tanks... Antoher thing that i would add it's the possibility to choose what will happen in the future, for example if you choose to go and help a friend in danger or stop an evil organization in your town. If you choose the organization, your friend dies || if you choose your friend the organization does something evil in your town (They steal all the candies D

I wanted to do something similar but morelike a MOBA, so if the people wants to join, I will try to help

Last edited by Renegated; 03-17-2015 at 20:00.
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-17-2015 , 20:20   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #3

I guess I can help you as a mapper. I don't have big experience, but you can check out my map at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=194671252
Old 03-17-2015 , 20:28   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
I guess I can help you as a mapper. I don't have big experience, but you can check out my map at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=194671252
Any help is welcome, and more if is a mapper. I included you in the first post. I will contact with you, thanks

Last edited by Franc1sco; 03-17-2015 at 20:30.
Protako
Old 03-17-2015 , 20:28   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #5

Parece interesante.
si sale adelante montaremos algun servidor beta
saludos Fran

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks interesting.
if it goes ahead mount a beta server
Fran greetings
Send a message via Yahoo to Protako
Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2015 , 20:45   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protako View Post
Parece interesante.
si sale adelante montaremos algun servidor beta
saludos Fran

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks interesting.
if it goes ahead mount a beta server
Fran greetings
Thanks mate, I added you as beta tester in the first post

Renegated
Old 03-17-2015 , 20:47   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #7

Another idea that can work it's make a mode where you can go with friends in adiferent instance that the rest, forexample, in the instance 1, me and Franc1sco going by our own,independantly of the other instances, so you can go with the whole server or if you want to go alone with a friend you can create a different instance and go by your own.

It will be heavy to do, but if it works it will be a great add to the project xD
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-17-2015 , 22:26   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #8

sound amazing
Old 03-18-2015 , 05:01   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #9

I am very good at Rping, I can help with the story
Send a message via Skype™ to Chokitu
Azerja12
Old 03-18-2015 , 11:29   Re: [Project] Make a story mode for CS:GO and CS:S [help needed]
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franc1sco View Post
Any help is welcome, and more if is a mapper. I included you in the first post. I will contact with you, thanks
If you guys have any questions within mapmaking, custom sounds and or textures feel free to ask.
I'll gladly help.