Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

the0ne
Old 09-26-2008 , 06:32   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #41

This might be the best thing ever.But it'll be mutch better if u make it like the player who makes 10 heads in a row(from a very few shots) he'll be automatically flagged and the aimwatch will automatically trigger on him
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-26-2008 , 08:41   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #42

Bugsy, I'd warn against trying to make this plugin do too much. Keep it simple. My suggestion is to have it detect players aimbotting and then, at most, automatically ban the player. Adding different punishments just makes the plugin bloated and it loses it's focus.

You might also want to implement a factory pattern for both the stats portion and also the punishment portion. That way, you can focus on the core product and have a default autowatch determination and a default punishment mechanism (i.e. ban) while allowing others to come up with their own punishments or statistical methodolgy for determining autowatch.
Old 09-26-2008 , 09:03   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racoon View Post
Would be very cool to just remove the fake bot and think out a different way of detecting cheaters with aimbot. For example you can force the aimbot to hit ONLY teammates. This will reveal the cheaters)))
I don't think this is possible to do server-side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalete View Post
what happens if the aimbot has just somethin like 1º-2º-3º FOV...it won't aim at the bot 100 units over the body...and therefore you won't count him as a cheater...

sorry for saying the same thing again
That is one of the limitations of the plugin. This is in no way the perfect aimbot detector. Players who have their aimbots configured to shoot with a tight FOV can be unaffected. Also, aimbot players who are careful with their shoot button can also be undetected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Bugsy, I'd warn against trying to make this plugin do too much. Keep it simple. My suggestion is to have it detect players aimbotting and then, at most, automatically ban the player. Adding different punishments just makes the plugin bloated and it loses it's focus.

You might also want to implement a factory pattern for both the stats portion and also the punishment portion. That way, you can focus on the core product and have a default autowatch determination and a default punishment mechanism (i.e. ban) while allowing others to come up with their own punishments or statistical methodolgy for determining autowatch.
This is true, I definitely do want to keep it lightweight. I may just revert back to kick+ban only. I want to get the auto-watch option as accurate as possible.
Old 09-26-2008 , 22:01   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #44

awesome plug.
but shit happen i have high explosives on my server.if player takes fake bot with explosives.gets the player flaged as hacker if is not aimshoot?
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-27-2008 , 00:25   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahooo60 View Post
awesome plug.
but shit happen i have high explosives on my server.if player takes fake bot with explosives.gets the player flaged as hacker if is not aimshoot?
Thank you mahoo, I will add verification that it is the players primary\secondary weapon that gets the kill for it to count.
Old 09-27-2008 , 07:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #46

Testing
ehha
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:18   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #47

Very good, i was waiting for some plugin like this, thank you & i`ll test it ASAP! Feedback will come soon
freamer
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:26   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #48

nice try to defeat cheating community ))
im wondering why you are the first to invent this method of aimbot detection,as i haven`t heard such ideas before. sounds like an innovation ?

anyway,good work,thx for your time.

I think only 3 standart punishments are needed: no punishment,kick,ban.

and... what about if aimbotter uses model detection? have you considered this point?

Maybe it`s a good idea to collect body parts,where bullets hit the bot mostly,and to consider this thing,when making a final decision. What do you think?
ehha
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by freamer View Post
Maybe it`s a good idea to collect body parts,where bullets hit the bot mostly,and to consider this thing,when making a final decision. What do you think?
Did you read the code? He did that, the plugin is great.

@Bugsy:
PHP Code:
//Punish methods
#define KICK_ONLY      1 
#define KICK_AND_BAN   2
#define SHOOT_BLANKS   3

//The punishment to use
#define PUNISHMENT     KICK_AND_BAN 
what's wit 1, 2 & 3? Can i use this?
PHP Code:
//The punishment to use
#define PUNISHMENT     3 
or i must have to use:
//The punishment to use
PHP Code:
#define PUNISHMENT     SHOOT_BLANKS 
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-27-2008 , 15:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
nice try to defeat cheating community ))
im wondering why you are the first to invent this method of aimbot detection,as i haven`t heard such ideas before. sounds like an innovation ?

anyway,good work,thx for your time.

I think only 3 standart punishments are needed: no punishment,kick,ban.

and... what about if aimbotter uses model detection? have you considered this point?
I think someone else mentioned this, they recommended putting a model above the bots head or something. What does model detection do?

Quote:
I don't think it matters where the bullets hit the bot. If a bullet hits it at all, it is suspect to be an aimbot. The plugin does analyze where the watched player hits normal players before assigning an auto-watch. If most shots hit head, high headshot kills, and high kill\death ratio, apply watch.