Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Trafalete
Old 09-25-2008 , 07:00   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #31

now i have read the entire thread and still i haven't understood where the invisible bot is placed...how high over the victim...because sometimes if you're trigger happy with a high recoil weapon and actualy get a hs...the chances of you to stop shooting exactly when the opponent dies are almost 0...and you may never know if one of the bullets that you shot after can hit the bot and count you as a cheater.....

if the bot is placed on top of the map...so the thing i said above wouldn't happen...what happens if the aimbot has just somethin like 1-2-3º FOV...it won't aim at the bot on top of the world...and therefore you won't count him in as a cheater...

i'm sorry if i have made any mistakes ( grammar counts too ) ...but just wanted to clear my mind...
minimiller
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2008 , 07:30   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #32

Also, if you kill the bot, does it count as a kill?
Old 09-25-2008 , 09:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiller View Post

Who cares? I am autobanning the cheater anyway. =)

Like GunGame? Visit www.gungame.org today!
Earn Admin just by playing at GunGame.Org Servers!

Come visit our GunGame.Org server at 174.34.146.107:27015
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-25-2008 , 09:58   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #34

Your plugin is assuming an admin is online at the time of the watch. With the addition of the AutoWatch feature, that might not always be the case. You need to review that function because of this.
Old 09-25-2008 , 11:47   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalete View Post
now i have read the entire thread and still i haven't understood where the invisible bot is placed...how high over the victim...because sometimes if you're trigger happy with a high recoil weapon and actualy get a hs...the chances of you to stop shooting exactly when the opponent dies are almost 0...and you may never know if one of the bullets that you shot after can hit the bot and count you as a cheater.....

if the bot is placed on top of the map...so the thing i said above wouldn't happen...what happens if the aimbot has just somethin like 1-2-3º FOV...it won't aim at the bot on top of the world...and therefore you won't count him in as a cheater...

i'm sorry if i have made any mistakes ( grammar counts too ) ...but just wanted to clear my mind...
If you look at the source, after the bot is created you will see get origin, origin[2] += 100, then set origin. I think this is above any recoil distance. If it does end up being a problem with recoil it can easily be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimiller View Post
It doesn't matter because the player will most likely be banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Your plugin is assuming an admin is online at the time of the watch. With the addition of the AutoWatch feature, that might not always be the case. You need to review that function because of this.
I have already fixed this brad. Before any chat notification is sent to an admin I put in a if(g_AdminRequest); I added this throughout the plugin. I have also fixed a few other quirks.

Thanks for the feedback guys
Old 09-25-2008 , 16:25   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #36

can you add writing to log if players are detected aimbotting?

<name><steamid><ip><mapname><etc>
Racoon
Old 09-25-2008 , 16:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #37

Ok, I've tested this plugin. I have amx_aimautowatch set to "1". Today while spectating on my server I got a message in chat that one of the players is using an aimbot. I was surprised. The flagged player had a very poor stats and when I watched him I've noticed that he just had a huge, I must admit, recoil. The way he was playing seemed very fair. I've made another few aimwatch checks and the result was negative. My server is running sXe Injected 6.9, so it gave me more reasons not to ban him. I think he killed the invisible BOT randomly.

(very bad English, sorry....)
Send a message via ICQ to Racoon
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-26-2008 , 00:23   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #38

Mlk: I have already added logging of all of those items except map name. I will add map as well.

Racoon: Im not surprised; the plugin is in no way a ready to detect actual aimbots. I posted it so people can try it out and give feedback so I know what needs to be added\adjusted. I still have a hard time seeing a player shoot the bot just from recoil alone. Perhaps if the player is holding the shoot button for a long stretch of time then I guess it is possible. The height of the bot can be bumped up a bit. The problem is there are areas of some maps where the watched player is inside a room\tunnel and the spawned bot would then be created into a ceiling or other unshootable area.

Also, the auto-watch ratios in the current release (0.2) are on the liberal side. If you tighten them up a bit then the autowatch will not detect as often. I have adjusted them a bit for the next release.

Today I added 3 punishments:
Kick
Kick and Ban
Shoot blanks

For shooting blanks and other punishments besides kick\ban, should I make it write to vault or whatever so that when the player reconnects, they get the punishment reapplied?

Does anyone else have ideas for punishments? I was thinking of maybe only allowing the aimbot player to hit certain parts of the enemy (left arm/right leg), pretty much making him feel like his aimbot no longer works.

An updated copy is in original thread. Does anyone have any ideas for the auto-watch option to increase accuracy? I wish there was a stats function to get a players stats from current map instead of just round. I guess I could read a users stats upon connecting and store it, then when needed, get current stats and subtract the stats @ connect.

Last edited by Bugsy; 09-26-2008 at 00:59.
Racoon
Old 09-26-2008 , 05:30   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Does anyone else have ideas for punishments? I was thinking of maybe only allowing the aimbot player to hit certain parts of the enemy (left arm/right leg), pretty much making him feel like his aimbot no longer works.
Would be very cool to just remove the fake bot and think out a different way of detecting cheaters with aimbot. For example you can force the aimbot to hit ONLY teammates. This will reveal the cheaters)))
Send a message via ICQ to Racoon
Trafalete
Old 09-26-2008 , 05:42   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #40

what happens if the aimbot has just somethin like 1º-2º-3º FOV...it won't aim at the bot 100 units over the body...and therefore you won't count him as a cheater...

sorry for saying the same thing again