Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [L4D2] Smoker Tongue Drag Damage for Coop/Campaign Request!

Post New Thread Reply   

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 04-29-2019 , 21:46   Re: [L4D2] Smoker Tongue Drag Damage for Coop/Campaign Request!
Reply With Quote #11

Can you do this since you know? Im not a programmer, I just thought it would be a good idea since there is boomer splash damage and smoker cloud damage as well. Tongue damage function would be nice in campaign since they put that in versus, for the added difficulty.
Old 04-29-2019 , 22:18   Re: [L4D2] Smoker Tongue Drag Damage for Coop/Campaign Request!
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Bumping your posts is against the rules. https://forums.alliedmods.net/misc.php?do=showrules

As for your request. Yes, It is very easy to code a plugin for your request. You just need to track when the tongue_grab event starts, apply damage and stop it at choke_start event.

Personally, I would use Dhooks and hook the tongue grab function straight from binary and apply damage on each frame.
Would memory patching the Gamemode check be better to get the versus code to run in coop, i'm guessing it's a gamemode check i'v not checked.

Commission me for L4D
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2019 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2] Smoker Tongue Drag Damage for Coop/Campaign Request!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Would memory patching the Gamemode check be better to get the versus code to run in coop, i'm guessing it's a gamemode check i'v not checked.
Is there no tongue grab event in coop? You just need to apply damage between two events and remove the dependency of game data being outdated.
Old 04-30-2019 , 15:15   Re: [L4D2] Smoker Tongue Drag Damage for Coop/Campaign Request!
Reply With Quote #14

If one of you guys can make this it would be great!