Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Matheus28
Old 03-04-2013 , 21:45   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Me and Tetl were able to modify files in the vpk, since the server gives priority for files in the .vpk when searching for files. So now you can change heroes abilities using:

Quote:
<whatever>\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota>"../../alien swarm/bin/vpk.exe" -M -v a pak01 scripts/npc/npc_abilities.txt

Last edited by Matheus28; 03-04-2013 at 21:48.
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 03-05-2013 , 12:49   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The latest MM:S 1.10-dev snapshots now support Dota 2.

You'll very like also want this MM:S plugin: Dota 2 Fixups.
Nice job!

I'm hoping I'll get some time to play around with this soon.
Old 03-05-2013 , 18:04   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Fun times. The server only crashed once or twice, and it was probably because of the modifications I made to the abilities. Seems really stable.

Last edited by Matheus28; 03-05-2013 at 18:36.
Terin
Old 03-05-2013 , 21:04   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Thank you very much for getting this working. I'm really looking forward to the developments we get on what we can do with sourcemod once that's working.

I was able to get this working on the test client, but when I tried to do the same on the live client, I get a large list of error messages along the lines of Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitAuthentication() : Sys_ShutdownAuthentication() before the server instantly crashes. There was a small update for Dota 2 earlier today, but allegedly people have been getting it to work regardless. Would this issue be on my end, or is it just that Metamod needs an update?
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 03-05-2013 , 21:08   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terin View Post
Thank you very much for getting this working. I'm really looking forward to the developments we get on what we can do with sourcemod once that's working.

I was able to get this working on the test client, but when I tried to do the same on the live client, I get a large list of error messages along the lines of Missing shutdown function for Sys_InitAuthentication() : Sys_ShutdownAuthentication() before the server instantly crashes. There was a small update for Dota 2 earlier today, but allegedly people have been getting it to work regardless. Would this issue be on my end, or is it just that Metamod needs an update?
I have not tested it after today's update. You'll also see that today's update was not required for servers (you can check the current required server version here), so if you have it in a separate directory from the game, you would not have had to update it. Your server's dota/steam.inf ServerVersion also has to match this number. If it does not already, you can usually just edit it to match with no ill effects.

When switching from the test client to the main client, make sure that you have version 1.1 of the D2 Fixups. Version 1.0 only supported the test client and failed to load on the main client due to some optimizations that they had in place. Other than that, just make sure that MM:S and D2 Fixups are loading properly. You can do this by adding -condebug to your startup line and adding a dota/cfg/server.cfg (or add to existing one) the line "meta version; meta list" (without quotes). Then check dota/console.log after attempting to start it.

Last edited by psychonic; 03-05-2013 at 21:09.
Terin
Old 03-05-2013 , 21:39   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
When switching from the test client to the main client, make sure that you have version 1.1 of the D2 Fixups. Version 1.0 only supported the test client and failed to load on the main client due to some optimizations that they had in place. Other than that, just make sure that MM:S and D2 Fixups are loading properly. You can do this by adding -condebug to your startup line and adding a dota/cfg/server.cfg (or add to existing one) the line "meta version; meta list" (without quotes). Then check dota/console.log after attempting to start it.
srcds seems to crash before any console commands can be processed, as adding that in to the server.cfg does nothing for the logging file.

It seems like Metamod and the dota 2 fixes don't affect too much, as I can remove the addons folders on both the test and live clients, and it'll still be roughly the same effects (test client seems to work, live client instantly crashes.) It could be some issue with my configuration on the live client, maybe I could try reinstalling it.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-05-2013 , 22:03   Re: Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
The latest MM:S 1.10-dev snapshots now support Dota 2.

Note that only the GameInfo installation method is supported. Dota 2 has removed the capability to load VSP plugins via vdf files.

You'll very like also want this MM:S plugin: Dota 2 Fixups.

SM support for D2 is still pending.
Your absolutely amazing
Tetl
Old 03-05-2013 , 22:46   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

I'm glad Terin mentioned configurations. I had some weird problems getting SRCDS to run Dota 2, so I
Wiped my cfg folder except for server.cfg
Deleted all strange foreign files from dota 2 beta/dota - such as demoes and some random software I had in there

And that's about it, if you're still having problems try that stuff out

Last edited by Tetl; 03-05-2013 at 22:47.
Terin
Old 03-05-2013 , 22:56   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetl View Post
I'm glad Terin mentioned configurations. I had some weird problems getting SRCDS to run Dota 2, so I
Wiped my cfg folder except for server.cfg
Deleted all strange foreign files from dota 2 beta/dota - such as demoes and some random software I had in there

And that's about it, if you're still having problems try that stuff out
Ah, that would do it! It turns out my autoexec.cfg file for Dota 2 had a bind command, which causes the server to crash. Now it works just fine.
Tetl
Old 03-05-2013 , 23:01   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terin View Post
Ah, that would do it! It turns out my autoexec.cfg file for Dota 2 had a bind command, which causes the server to crash. Now it works just fine.
I deleted a ton of shit so I wasn't sure, but, yeah, nice find. It was bind, somehow...
Closed Thread