Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Half-Life        Category:   General Purpose       
kml_ghost
Old 01-24-2024 , 04:27   Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #1

Description;
Players can only use allowed player models on the server, otherwise the default zombie model will be made.
In the ModelRestrict plugin, you first need to learn the model name and then restrict it. There is practically no end to this. If models other than those you allow with this plugin are detected, they will be changed to the zombie model by default.

UPDATE 1.1
- Added list for allowed models: amxmodx/configs/allowed_models.ini
- Added a cvar for the model it will return to if it is not the allowed model.
Cvar: default_model "zombie" // robo, helmet etc.

Special Thanks: DJEarthQuake
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (allowed_models.sma - 40 views - 2.0 KB)
File Type: ini allowed_models.ini (85 Bytes, 17 views)

Last edited by kml_ghost; 02-01-2024 at 17:34. Reason: update 1.1
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2024 , 12:23   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #2

Does one search at all before posting? ModelRestrict by XxAvalanchexX from 2004.
Old 01-24-2024 , 19:05   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
Does one search at all before posting? ModelRestrict by XxAvalanchexX from 2004.
You cannot restrict model names that you do not know. You must first learn the model name and then restrict it, there is no end to this.The plugin you mentioned is not practical (ModelRestrict).

Last edited by kml_ghost; 01-24-2024 at 19:07.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2024 , 11:50   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #4

Be sure to state the differences and reference any approve plugins of the sort and assert why this is better so on, so forth on OP.
Old 01-29-2024 , 20:22   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Be sure to state the differences and reference any approve plugins of the sort and assert why this is better so on, so forth on OP.
description edited thx.
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2024 , 07:52   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #6

OK checked the code. First off, glad to see anybody coding for HL. I am a minimalist also; so nice to see short hand. Second disappointed with the many unrefined scripts. This would not have made the cut even 20 years ago here. Too hard-coded. Admin, unless they are a scripter would have to have somebody else perpetually edit this to get it how they want. Nobody has time for that in Requests section. May I suggest a separate file for a list instead of inside the plugin these restricted or rather allowed models and let the admin pick the substitutions. Then more importantly not checking if user is still connected before making this model enforcement is a bad idea. I am sure there is more but that is what I see at a glance. When I did something like this the so-called cheater models that were so tiny nobody can see them I made them the bloated dalek that is too easy to see.
Old 02-01-2024 , 17:36   Re: Half-Life | Only Allowed Player Models
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
OK checked the code. First off, glad to see anybody coding for HL. I am a minimalist also; so nice to see short hand. Second disappointed with the many unrefined scripts. This would not have made the cut even 20 years ago here. Too hard-coded. Admin, unless they are a scripter would have to have somebody else perpetually edit this to get it how they want. Nobody has time for that in Requests section. May I suggest a separate file for a list instead of inside the plugin these restricted or rather allowed models and let the admin pick the substitutions. Then more importantly not checking if user is still connected before making this model enforcement is a bad idea. I am sure there is more but that is what I see at a glance. When I did something like this the so-called cheater models that were so tiny nobody can see them I made them the bloated dalek that is too easy to see.
Thanks for the suggestion, updated.