Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Steampipe.. speculate

Post New Thread Reply   

Firefly86
Old 03-30-2013 , 11:06   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #121

i have read this in your post before and tried it. but adding this, will result in a segmentation fault when booting the server. it trys rebooting the server several times but nothing happens
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-30-2013 , 16:08   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #122

I installed the new Pipe for Dods,

Got mm 1.10 and Sm 1.5 3822, loaded with the ini file... ( with the beta dods-steampipe-beta.txt )
So far so good only i got server restarts like 10 times a day.

Got no strange errors, do i need a newer version of SM. or do other Dods hosters have this problem maybe also.
Old 03-30-2013 , 17:19   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #123

I think I have identified the culprit: I took care of sdktools but forgot to update sdkhooks.

You will also need the updated sdkhooks file.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-30-2013 , 17:58   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #124

Uploaded Ravu al Hemio,

Will see what happens now. Gracias so far mate.
Old 04-01-2013 , 02:59   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #125

Well I am going through this with my Hosting Company now for my DOD:S Server. Looks like we are going to have to reinstall DOD:S and then add everything back again with all the updated snapshots of course.

Damn Steam. I hate what they do because they always wreck things. Next headache coming from them will be TF2 of course.

I just wonder why they cannot just let things be when everything is working fine?
KorDen
Old 04-01-2013 , 05:15   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #126

Anyone have fixed gamedata for CSS:DM? I didn't see any lists with needed offsets...

Last edited by KorDen; 04-01-2013 at 05:15.
Ravu al Hemio
Old 04-01-2013 , 08:16   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorDen View Post
Anyone have fixed gamedata for CSSM? I didn't see any lists with needed offsets...
I've added experimental CSSDM gamedata to my repository. I'm not guaranteeing it will work, though. Make sure to back up the original gamedata file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggamemnon View Post
Damn Steam. I hate what they do because they always wreck things. Next headache coming from them will be TF2 of course.

I just wonder why they cannot just let things be when everything is working fine?
You've never tried launching the TF2 Linux client, have you? The loading times, especially the startup one, are astronomical, and the SteamPipe conversions finally improve this. Also, Valve have effectively been maintaining two versions of the Steam protocol for the last not-sure-how-many years: the one that their games used since Half-Life 2 (if not earlier) up to Left 4 Dead, and the one that everyone else used (more or less). This update has been a long time coming, and while the switchover does require additional effort, I assume we won't see any more such large updates all too soon, and in general, I'm glad that Valve still keeps ten-year-old products afloat.

Also, let's face it: hosting a dedicated server for a Valve game has always been like shooting at a moving target. Any Allied Modders team member can confirm that...

Last edited by Ravu al Hemio; 04-01-2013 at 08:17.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-01-2013 , 20:37   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #128

Well it looks like the 23rd is the big day for TF2, figured it be on a Tuesday and my busy day of work for the week.
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2013 , 20:57   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #129

At least it won't be a Friday like a lot of other big updates they've done.
Old 04-02-2013 , 18:42   Re: Steampipe.. speculate
Reply With Quote #130

Day of Defeat: Source: already happened
Half-life 2: Deathmatch: Wednesday, April 3
Counter-Strike: Source: Tuesday, April 16
Team Fortress 2: Tuesday, April 23

Our goal is to repeat the process that we used with the Day of Defeat: Source switchover last week. The "beta" dedicated server (The SteamPipe version of the dedicated server) is actually the exact same server installation that will host the clients after the switchover. We will try to avoid releasing a dedicated server update near the time of the client switchover, so that SteamPipe dedicated servers can be up and ready, and as clients switchover to SteamPipe, those dedicated servers will be ready to host them.

One note concerning the TF2 beta. As you probably know, it's currently a separate app. (The TF2 beta client is App ID 520 and the TF2 beta dedicated server is AppID 229830.) About a week before the TF2 switchover, we'll initiate a beta process identical to the one used for the other games. We'll release the Steampipe version of the official dedicated server (App ID 232250) and an opt-in client beta available from the "betas" tab for the regular "Team Fortress 2" application (App ID 440). This beta client will have all the same content as the regular game, will talk to the same item server as the regular client, and will have all the same items in your backpack. It will be running App ID 440, not 520. The only difference is that it will be using the new file system with VPK files, it will have a different PatchVersion in the steam.inf file, and will only be able to connect to SteamPipe servers. To avoid confusion between the two different types of TF2 betas, at that time we will deactivate the beta client app 520 and dedicated server app 229830. We'll have further details on this process when we release the official dedicated server.

Last edited by janpepu; 04-02-2013 at 18:44.