Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

Negratius
Old 07-20-2015 , 12:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #211

Hey!

I've reinstalled Metamod, Sourcemod, TF2Items and this plugin itself and....

IT'S WORKING!
HAH

Thanks ;)

_______________px. Negratius________________

Send a message via MSN to Negratius
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2015 , 16:39   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negratius View Post
IT'S WORKING!
HAH
All that matters

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
Hefal
Old 07-30-2015 , 22:54   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #213

Installed, worked directly! Thanks for your effort!

Does anyone know of any addons for the dodgeball plugin? Such as projectile speed when it exploded etc?

Thx!
Hefal
Old 08-01-2015 , 22:59   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #214

I must say that my community prefers playing this plugin with instant respawn and I agree!

Altough I ran into a problem. While running this with an instant respawn plugin, players joining the server prior to the round starting will have to wait "forever" or until all the players on one team dies at the exact same time, usually from splash.
Is there a plugin or command that will allow players to just hop in as they join and not have to wait?

Thanks alot!
cigzag
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-03-2015 , 20:14   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #215

Hey Classic, If the Yet Another Db Plugin default turn rate is 0.170, What would the number be to immitate the 0.170 in you're plugin?

EX: YADP Turn rate: 0.170 (Can turn feels nice) You're DB Plugin : Turn rate : ??? (What would it be to be exactly / like that turn rate in YADP)
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2015 , 22:43   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefal View Post
I must say that my community prefers playing this plugin with instant respawn and I agree!

Altough I ran into a problem. While running this with an instant respawn plugin, players joining the server prior to the round starting will have to wait "forever" or until all the players on one team dies at the exact same time, usually from splash.
Is there a plugin or command that will allow players to just hop in as they join and not have to wait?

Thanks alot!
I'll check this issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTigerVidz View Post
Hey Classic, If the Yet Another Db Plugin default turn rate is 0.170, What would the number be to immitate the 0.170 in you're plugin?

EX: YADP Turn rate: 0.170 (Can turn feels nice) You're DB Plugin : Turn rate : ??? (What would it be to be exactly / like that turn rate in YADP)
To be honest I don't know, I use 0.1, and here is my config:

Spoiler

Long is used on long maps where teams are really far away.

Aerial rocket is a rocket that goes up easily and goes downs quickly
Old 08-05-2015 , 04:46   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #217

Quote:
To be honest I don't know, I use 0.1, and here is my config:
Ahh, Nice. I'll check it out see how it goes, Might remove the "Long Rockets"

Also, Do you know how to imitate the effect of the YADP Rocket bounce when used with rocketBounce plugin?, I don't really like how it bounces out and doesn't have a spiky effect.

Edit: Must of edited it wrong, Seemed to crash. Whatever, I'll just copy & paste you're config and see how it is

Edit 2: Crashed, srcds.exe not responding, Erm, I'll just switch back to YADP for now. Probs come back later and mayby wait for a new version to come out (if one does) and test that instead.

Last edited by cigzag; 08-05-2015 at 04:59.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2015 , 07:00   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTigerVidz View Post
Ahh, Nice. I'll check it out see how it goes, Might remove the "Long Rockets"

Also, Do you know how to imitate the effect of the YADP Rocket bounce when used with rocketBounce plugin?, I don't really like how it bounces out and doesn't have a spiky effect.

Edit: Must of edited it wrong, Seemed to crash. Whatever, I'll just copy & paste you're config and see how it is

Edit 2: Crashed, srcds.exe not responding, Erm, I'll just switch back to YADP for now. Probs come back later and mayby wait for a new version to come out (if one does) and test that instead.
You need to install the latest version of tf2items, also don't forget to add the rocket classes in the other cfg to assign it's probability
Old 08-05-2015 , 08:25   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #219

Guzzi, how about changing the rocket behavior when shooting from high height? On high speed it's going to bounce from behind and shoot someone right in the ass It would be nice if it will try to turn around instead of bouncing from the floor and shooting the ass

Last edited by Zeluboba; 08-05-2015 at 08:27.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2015 , 11:33   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluboba View Post
Guzzi, how about changing the rocket behavior when shooting from high height? On high speed it's going to bounce from behind and shoot someone right in the ass It would be nice if it will try to turn around instead of bouncing from the floor and shooting the ass
But that would mean that the rocket would get out of it's normal path (directly to the player) on purpose, I don't think that it would be doable (without doing strange things with the rocket's behavior code-wise).

By the way, did you try both bounce methods? Maybe the other one would be better for you (where the rockets goes near the floor).