Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3

Post New Thread Reply   

FilembarEliJeevan
Old 03-10-2022 , 06:54   Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #1

I had this problem for while, do you guys know a way to get zbots omegle.2yu.co work with AMX mod X 1.8.3 ?

Last edited by FilembarEliJeevan; 04-29-2022 at 07:16.
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2022 , 14:27   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #2

Why are you using 1.8.3? A version that technically doesn't exist anymore.
Old 03-24-2022 , 11:53   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #3

I don't know if your problem even related to AMXX. You can use yapb instead of zbot, for example.

In my case, I use ReGameDll_CS (it contains zBot bundled) and YaPB. I play with both of them on my local server and feel good

It's sad YaPB cant speak as zBot do, but they have more live behavior unlike zBot have
Discord: kww#9951

Last edited by kww; 03-24-2022 at 12:01.
Fiercetree
Old 03-24-2022 , 18:05   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kww View Post
I don't know if your problem even related to AMXX. You can use yapb instead of zbot, for example.

In my case, I use ReGameDll_CS (it contains zBot bundled) and YaPB. I play with both of them on my local server and feel good

It's sad YaPB cant speak as zBot do, but they have more live behavior unlike zBot have
Since you use YaPB, I was wondering if you can answer a question. I have some fight yard maps that do not have weapons on the ground at spawn points. The bots will not buy weapons on these particular maps and will just use their pistols. Would you know a fix for this? All other types of maps, awp, aim, etc. work fine. Podbot doesn't have this problem.

Last edited by Fiercetree; 03-24-2022 at 18:07. Reason: more info added
kww
Old 03-26-2022 , 02:48   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercetree View Post
Since you use YaPB, I was wondering if you can answer a question. I have some fight yard maps that do not have weapons on the ground at spawn points. The bots will not buy weapons on these particular maps and will just use their pistols. Would you know a fix for this? All other types of maps, awp, aim, etc. work fine. Podbot doesn't have this problem.
Maybe you could give me link to that map (any one)
Fiercetree
Old 03-26-2022 , 11:01   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Maybe you could give me link to that map (any one)
Here's a few of them. I don't use many

fy_snowcave_cz
fy_OfficeDefense2020
fy_ConstructionYard2020

I really want to use YaPb on my server and this is the only issue holding me back from choosing it.
Thanks for taking the time in looking into this.

Last edited by Fiercetree; 03-26-2022 at 11:04. Reason: more info added
kww
Old 03-26-2022 , 18:25   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Here's a few of them. I don't use many

fy_snowcave_cz
fy_OfficeDefense2020
fy_ConstructionYard2020

I really want to use YaPb on my server and this is the only issue holding me back from choosing it.
Thanks for taking the time in looking into this.
I've checked 1st map and it seems bots can't buy weapons because lack of func_buyzone entities.
Check please other maps for func_buyzone existance with entity_dump command.
I can't remember how mappers achieve this functionality. Maybe players can buy anything within radius of their spawn, but YaPB not. It seems that i can be right.
If I was right then you should create an issue here: https://github.com/yapb/yapb. Quote this message if needed.

Last edited by kww; 03-26-2022 at 18:36.
Fiercetree
Old 03-26-2022 , 20:14   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
I've checked 1st map and it seems bots can't buy weapons because lack of func_buyzone entities.
Check please other maps for func_buyzone existance with entity_dump command.
I can't remember how mappers achieve this functionality. Maybe players can buy anything within radius of their spawn, but YaPB not. It seems that i can be right.
If I was right then you should create an issue here: https://github.com/yapb/yapb. Quote this message if needed.
Thanks for looking into this. Yes, players can buy from these maps in the buy zone and the bots in Podbot can too. So it may be an issue with the maps? This seems out of the realm of my understanding and ability to resolve. But I will post this in github and see if I can get some additional help.

Thanks again for checking this out. You rock!

EDIT: I actually resolved the issue for the first map I listed. I simply renamed the map to aim_snowcave_cz and created waypoints using YaPB (before Yapb was using a pwf file I made in the past using Podbot). So the bots now buy from this map. I'm going to try the other maps I listed. This problem may be related to the use of pwf files with Yapb or renaming the map is triggering the bots to buy.

Last edited by Fiercetree; 03-27-2022 at 11:38. Reason: Possible solution
kww
Old 03-27-2022 , 14:38   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Thanks for looking into this. Yes, players can buy from these maps in the buy zone and the bots in Podbot can too. So it may be an issue with the maps? This seems out of the realm of my understanding and ability to resolve. But I will post this in github and see if I can get some additional help.

Thanks again for checking this out. You rock!

EDIT: I actually resolved the issue for the first map I listed. I simply renamed the map to aim_snowcave_cz and created waypoints using YaPB (before Yapb was using a pwf file I made in the past using Podbot). So the bots now buy from this map. I'm going to try the other maps I listed. This problem may be related to the use of pwf files with Yapb or renaming the map is triggering the bots to buy.
Okay. Sorry, I wasn't right. But you are. How did you come up with this? This is not the .pwf issue. Maybe they really just not trying to buy anything on fy_ maps.

I think renaming is not an exit and this behavior should be reported anyways.

UPD: I've created an issue and will wait for their answer

Last edited by kww; 03-27-2022 at 15:29. Reason: upd
Fiercetree
Old 03-27-2022 , 16:45   Re: Zbots for amx mod x 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Okay. Sorry, I wasn't right. But you are. How did you come up with this? This is not the .pwf issue. Maybe they really just not trying to buy anything on fy_ maps.

I think renaming is not an exit and this behavior should be reported anyways.

UPD: I've created an issue and will wait for their answer
Thanks for your help and for putting an issue into GitHub, bookmarking it for the future.

I just figured maybe their was some configuration within YaPB that turns off their buying capability on fy maps. However, not all fy maps have guns for pickup at the spawn points.

The only file in Fy_snowcave_cz is just the bsp file. So I haven't quite tested the other two I mentioned, because they come with models, sprites etc. So I'm not sure how that will turn out, but we'll see.

Thanks again! Will come back. But I don't mean to hijack the original poster's thread over this.