The solution to SOPA

Post New Thread Reply   

Shadow501
Old 01-18-2012 , 20:39   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Grow up.

Yes right.... Grow up! You should go back to school and study on human psychology then you would understand!
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2012 , 20:40   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow501 View Post
They are other civilized ways to bring people to a cause than blocking access.
First of all, the site isn't blocked. Secondly, are you implying this isn't a civilised method? What other civilised methods do you propose?
Quote:
This way is called (Not to brilliant) and those ways have always proven to get no where!
What exactly do you mean by 'those ways'?
Quote:
And propbaly most of the members even after reading on SOPA wouldn't still understand what it is and won't even take the time to try and find out what it is.
Are you speaking for yourself? I'm confident many users have learned a thing or two today.
Quote:
Grow up and find a more mature solution to inform people and pass the message!
Care to share your brilliant, civilised and even more mature alternatives?
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:17   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8088 View Post
First of all, the site isn't blocked. Secondly, are you implying this isn't a civilised method? What other civilised methods do you propose?
Shut it down only for the cool Americans, walk on the street? (Ok thats too much for Internet^^), Make a normal petition instead a 1 day "hey we shut all down you have to like us" act, oh and there is much much more!

Quote:
What exactly do you mean by 'those ways'?
Well a little bit of history in school....

Quote:
Are you speaking for yourself? I'm confident many users have learned a thing or two today.
Yes, 1/4 learned that eventscripts for example, is a bit buggy and strange in updates, but they dont set their site down FOR FUN. and nothing else!

Quote:
Care to share your brilliant, civilised and even more mature alternatives?
I even think your youtube comments are better, or your self-loving, stylisch writing type.
It was a fake by the gouverment, trying to satisfy the people. Nothing else. No wonders, no Extremes, a joke nothing else.

Last edited by Mainfield; 01-18-2012 at 21:19.
(-CAF-) Bobbo!
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:23   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #54

I personally looked up the acts because of this site being down, and wrote to my Representatives.

Even if you aren't old enough to vote, shoot them an Email, let them know how you feel.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:23   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #55

You're in for a rude awakening Mainfield.
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:32   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow501 View Post
They are other civilized ways to bring people to a cause than blocking access. This way is called (Not to brilliant) and those ways have always proven to get no where! And propbaly most of the members even after reading on SOPA wouldn't still understand what it is and won't even take the time to try and find out what it is. They will only come back another day when this is turned off! Grow up and find a more mature solution to inform people and pass the message!
The protest is to enlighten you to the fact that this could happen if SOPA was to pass.
I fully support the move to block the forum space.
I closed my own forums and replaced it with this pic.

You could see this some day

Under those new rules, a single errant post by a member could see thepantless invisible in the United States, removed from search engines,
ad revenue frozen, and thus destroyed. Despite Monday's news that SOPA was shelved, it's now back on the table, and PIPA is just as dangerous.

Any site that has comments, a forum, video streaming, user content in any form, is in real danger of being destroyed by SOPA and PIPA.
YouTube, Facebook, Wikipedia, Twitter...

The internet, as this wonderful, extraordinary, free and beautiful thing, would be broken forever.

If you're in America, contact your local Congressperson/Senator about SOPA and PIPA.
If you're not American, remember similar legislation is being considered all over the world, including in the UK.

We'll be back at 8 PM EST, and we'll be as great as ever. We want to make sure that continues.

Find out more here
http://blacklists.eff.org/

Last edited by nightrider; 01-18-2012 at 21:35.
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:39   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainfield View Post
Shut it down only for the cool Americans
Why only for Americans? Please tell me you're not one of those thickheaded people that think that SOPA and PIPA will only affect US citizens...
Quote:
Make a normal petition instead a 1 day "hey we shut all down you have to like us" act, oh and there is much much more!
I'm not sure if I follow you, but as for the first part of that strange sentence: if you bothered to click the link you were presented with, you would find a form to file a petition with.
Quote:
Well a little bit of history in school....
How is that an answer to my question (which wasn't directed at you)?
Quote:
Yes, 1/4 learned that eventscripts for example, is a bit buggy and strange in updates, but they dont set their site down FOR FUN. and nothing else!

I even think your youtube comments are better, or your self-loving, stylisch writing type.
It was a fake by the gouverment, trying to satisfy the people. Nothing else. No wonders, no Extremes, a joke nothing else.
Clearly you're not part of the group of users I was referring to.

Last edited by 8088; 01-18-2012 at 21:41.
SyluxLockjaw100
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:45   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #58

What the hell was that?
Yalamix
Old 01-18-2012 , 21:58   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #59

Quote:
Why only for Americans? Please tell me you're not one of those thickheaded people that think that SOPA and PIPA will only affect US citizens...

I'm not sure if I follow you, but as for the first part of that strange sentence: if you bothered to click the link you were presented with, you would find a form to file a petition with.

How is that an answer to my question (which wasn't directed at you)?

Clearly you're not part of the group of users I was referring to.
That law is not going to affect my country. Yippee-ki-yay!
But I hope that it doesnt get approved, Im on your side
Yalamix
Old 01-18-2012 , 22:01   Re: The solution to SOPA
Reply With Quote #60

I just have one question: why shutting down the site? You are giving them exactley what they want